UK Doubles List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: UK Doubles List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UK Doubles List

For those of you not familiar with the rules, this is 500pts each, the full 1000pts conforming to a normal Force Organisation Chart. BUT we can only take 2 Heavy Support when we already have 1 Fast, and 1 Elites. We can only take 3 Fast when we already have 2 of evrythin else, etc.

List 1- Witch Hunters
    Inquisitor Lord- 65
    Inferno Pistol, Excruciators (goes in crusader squad)

Eversor Assassin- 95

10 Sisters of Battle- 147
    Vet Superior w. bolter and book of St Lucius
    Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Rhino-58
    Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers

Exorcist- 140
    Extra Armour

Total: 500

List 2- Black Templars

Crusader Squad- 219
    8 Initiates inc powerfist and flamer
    7 Neophytes
    All with bolt pistol and ccw

3 Bikers-105
    All with Flamer

Land Speeder- 65
    Multi-melta

Predator Destructor- 110
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Total: 499

We want the list to be fun to play with and look decent, but we dont want to get trounced every game. Comments and criticism welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

I'm not sure you should have those three bikes with the flamers. They are duplicating somewhat the role of the battle sisters, but without their numbers and resilience.

The footslogging BT assault squad also seems out of place in an otherwise mobile army. I can see them getting left behind as they painfully march across the field. Assault troops without some form of enhanced movement never seem to do all that well in my experience, especially against a mobile army. I'd be inclined to try and mount up those BTs. I know they can't charge from a Rhino but it will get them there a lot quicker. They can bail and shoot with their bolt pistols and maybe assault weapons, then receive or make a charge next turn. Sisters sometimes fall down when they rush up to shoot an enemy then get charged in reply, so having the BT take the pain may work well.

The Inquisitor Lord can't go in the crusader squad. He has to take a retinue of at least three henchmen, which means he will form his own unit and can't join the BTs. As he stands he's a complete waste of points anyway. His combat ability is very low, both for shooting and cc. I'd dump the Eversor assassin as well, and use the freed up points to buy a properly tooled-up jumpy canoness. This way you'll have a half-decent pool of Faith to play with

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hs5ias View Post

The Inquisitor Lord can't go in the crusader squad. He has to take a retinue of at least three henchmen, which means he will form his own unit and can't join the BTs. As he stands he's a complete waste of points anyway. His combat ability is very low, both for shooting and cc. I'd dump the Eversor assassin as well, and use the freed up points to buy a properly tooled-up jumpy canoness. This way you'll have a half-decent pool of Faith to play with
    Oops, your right about the retinue. Here's a revised list:

List 1- Witch Hunters
    Palatine- 37
    CCW, Bolt Pistol (either goes in crusader squad, or runs at enemy on own to distract them and gain martyr points)

Inquisitor - 27
    CCW,Bolt Pistol, Excruciators (goes in crusader squad)

Eversor Assassin- 95

10 Sisters of Battle- 147
    Vet Superior w. bolter and book of St Lucius
    Flamer, Heavy Flamer

Rhino-58
    Extra Armour and Smoke Launchers

Exorcist- 140
    Extra Armour

Total: 500

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Your ][ AFAIK is still illegal. Even lowly regular inquisitors need a reitnue.
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Unfortunately you've still got 64 points of WH tied up in two rather useless characters. Neither has any appreciable combat ability. I'm not even sure why you want an Inq in the BT squad. With his very mediocre statline and lack of equipment he adds absolutely nothing to them.

As an alternative take a Canoness with a power weapon, bolt pistol and a Book of St. Lucius. Don't actually attach her to the BT, just have her jog along next to them to lend her enhanced morale. She can then use her faith points to boost her strength and/or give her an invulnerable save when needed. With 5 attacks at S5 no save on the charge, even at Init 1 she'll hit hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roland Durendal View Post
    Your ][ AFAIK is still illegal. Even lowly regular inquisitors need a reitnue.
    thats not true, only an IQ lord needs a retinue. If you plan for your cpalentine to enter combat, i would possibly give her a power weapon, or just a bolter and the book of St lucius to give out her nice LD9.

The eversor will be a nice surprise at such a low level battle- i would keep him.
    Last edited by God octo; October 20th, 2006 at 22:35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hs5ias View Post
    Unfortunately you've still got 64 points of WH tied up in two rather useless characters. Neither has any appreciable combat ability. I'm not even sure why you want an Inq in the BT squad. With his very mediocre statline and lack of equipment he adds absolutely nothing to them.
    Look at it this way. If we get rid of the Inq, the palatine AND the eversor. I have 154 points. I need to take up an HQ and an Elites because of the special restrictions at the top of this thread. I personally can't see any better options. The Eversor is great, and although I admit the Inq and Palatine are, in practice, fairly useless, they do/can:
    • Take up choices/restrictions which are neccesary for the rest of the list to stay as it is.
    • Make the big black templars squad look even more formidable.
    • The Palatine gives me a faith point, and I can get another by commiting suicide if neccesary. (Run towards enemy unaccompanied)

Anyways I'm probably trying this list out tommorow, so I'll let you know how it's going.
    P.S. I do appreciate these comments, as although I haven't made any changes due to them yet. They do help me understand the weaknesses of our selection, and explore all the alternatives.
    So in short: Thanks and keep em' comin!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we played with the list 3 times, and I've found the following things:
    • The Eversor is very good
    • The Excruciators for their points, are very useful, especially against eldar
    • Righteous Zeal seems to be a disadvantage, our squad keeps running into 6" of the enemys assault troops, with not very pretty consequences.
    • The Large BT squad is good for mopping up and distracting firepower, but hasn't done much directly.
    • If the speeder and Exorcist go, we are left with very little anti-AV power.
    • Neither of us can roll dice. (Apart from for the Eversors extra attacks)

+ Reply to Thread