2500 DH / WH anti Eldar - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

2500 DH / WH anti Eldar

Hey I've been having a grudge match with my mate (Eldar), basically we played a best of three with the option of changing your army list with each new game.. I won the first, he won the second and we drew the third... we played another game today and it drew again.

So I thought I would see what you all think of my list. The last eldar list included three Warp Spider squads, 5 gaurdian squads with bright lances, wraithlord, a falcon, 3 vypers, dark reapers, with a Farseers and about 5 Warlocks.

So this was my last list:

HQ-
    1 Bro Cap
    3 Terms
    199pts

HQ-
    WH Inquisitor Lord
    Hammer Of Witches
    Psyc Hood
    Excruciator
    Stormbolter
    Gun Servitors
    2 H/Bolters
    1 Plasma
    2 Sages
    1 Acyoltes
    223pts

Elite-
    Culexus Assasin
    105pts

Elite-
    DH Inquisitor
    P/Sword
    Incinerator
    45pts

Elite-
    WH inquisitor
    P/Sword
    Inferno Pistol
    50pts

4 Troop-
    4 PAGK Squads
    - 8 PAGK
    - 1 Justicar
    1000pts

2 Troop-
    2 Battle Sister Squads
    - 9 Battle Sisters
    - 1 Vet Sister
    - 1 P/Sword
    - 1 Melta
    - 1 H/Flamer
    312pts

Fast-
    4 Seraphim
    1 Vet
    1 P/Sword
    2 Twin Flamers
    165pts

2 Heavy-
    2 Anti-armour DreadNought
    - Lascannons
    - Missiles
    - Extra Armour
    290pts

Heavy-
    Dreadnought
    Assaultcannon
    C/c - Stormbolter
    Extra Armour
    115pts

2504pts.

Let me know what you think you would change.
    Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Why so many Inquisitors?
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior View Post
    Why so many Inquisitors?
    Good question .. I think they may be a point to change... I like how they cant be touched as independent characters within 6" of other units and then them bringing the pain with power weapons. Two power weapons in a gk squad ~~...
    Also in the last game I gave the WH Inquisitor the Hammer of Witches also.. which proved devestating especially when you have the Cullexus in 12" of the enemy psychers.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    HQ-
    1 Bro Cap
    3 Terms
    199pts
    I can understand wanting to keep the GKT expenditure down, what with all the low AP weaponry available to the Eldar. But at 2500 pts, I would want to have at least a couple more GKTs around to give this squad some heft. A pair of psycannons would be nice, too. (One in retinue, on on GK hero.) Better rate of fire, longer range, and while the higher STR may not be as big a deal, it does make wounds on 2+ instead of 3+ for the stormbolters, and it will also deny pretty much any unit in the army their save, whether it's an armour save (AP 4!) or those otherwise annoying invulnerable saves. It's almost like the psycannon was designed specifically for wiping out Eldar.

Another option would be to take a lone BC with a psycannon and use him as a sniper/countercharger in the way that you are throwing Elite Inquisitors around. Only this guy would be much better at it. This would also give you a bunch of points to pump up other parts of your list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey
    HQ-
    WH Inquisitor Lord
    Hammer Of Witches
    Psyc Hood
    Excruciator
    Stormbolter
    Gun Servitors
    2 H/Bolters
    1 Plasma
    2 Sages
    1 Acyoltes
    223pts
    This squad seems to be a little mixed up. Is it shooty, or assaulty? WH inquisitors are indeed a decent take for psyker-heavy Eldar, but I'd max the squad out for close combat duty, then. Remove gun servitors and replace with crusaders. Remove sages and replace with acolytes and chirurgeons. Get a familiar for that inititiative boost, at the very least. Heck, you know you're playing eldar, why not take an anti-psyker psy-power or two, as well? And then give these guys a Rhino so they have a shot at getting to their targets ASAP. Leave the shooting duty to a DH inquisitor, a nice squad of which can make a nice Elites choice.
    Elite-
    Culexus Assasin
    105pts
    One of the few opponents against which the Culexus could do some real damage. If you don't take him now, when would you? Good luck!
    Elite-
    DH Inquisitor
    P/Sword
    Incinerator
    45pts

Elite-
    WH inquisitor
    P/Sword
    Inferno Pistol
    50pts
    Yeah, the Eldar ain't tough, so power weapons have a shot of doing damage ... but you're spending a lot of points here to get countercharging units that really aren't that effective, can't claim objectives or table quarters.... Meh. I could see you having fun with DCAs against the Eldar, maybe a set of three.

But I would rather see you build an Elite DH shooty inquisitor squad here. (Inquisitor w/psycannon, plasma cannon servitor, 0-2 heavy bolter servitors, 2 sages, acolyte/mystic.) Again, that psycannon will be murder for any eldar you target, and they won't fare much better against the plasma cannon or the HBs.
    4 Troop-
    4 PAGK Squads
    - 8 PAGK
    - 1 Justicar
    1000pts
    Slot two of these squads for Fast Attack, and you're fine. You don't have to deep strike if you don't want to, but you will have the tactical advantage of putting them last on the board.
    2 Troop-
    2 Battle Sister Squads
    - 9 Battle Sisters
    - 1 Vet Sister
    - 1 P/Sword
    - 1 Melta
    - 1 H/Flamer
    312pts
    OK.
    Fast-
    4 Seraphim
    1 Vet
    1 P/Sword
    2 Twin Flamers
    165pts
    For assault Seraphim, you could stand to have a few more bodies in here. I'd want to take at least 7 for that purpose.
    2 Heavy-
    2 Anti-armour DreadNought
    - Lascannons
    - Missiles
    - Extra Armour
    290pts

Heavy-
    Dreadnought
    Assaultcannon
    C/c - Stormbolter
    Extra Armour
    115pts
    Get smoke on at least the AC/DCCW dread, and you're golden.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Good points...

I wasnt sure about psycannons as I thought all gaurdians had an armour save of 3+ not to mention the reapers etc.

-
    Originally Posted by Luke Harvey
    HQ-
    WH Inquisitor Lord
    Hammer Of Witches
    Psyc Hood
    Excruciator
    Stormbolter
    Gun Servitors
    2 H/Bolters
    1 Plasma
    2 Sages
    1 Acyoltes
    223pts
    -
    This inquistor was set back in the back of the feild with the two LC/ML Dreads, I figure if I keep him safe I can kill a psycher or two per round (with the hammer of witches), have the range and fire power to pop off any spiders that come to kill him and then have the Psyc Hood to try and stop his "Guide" and "Fortune" cast, then with him safe at the end of the game the Excrusicator give me those extra points for all those dead psychers..
    -

I agree about the smoke on the dread... when he got shaken, it would have been nice. Though elder guns only glance or something...

I also agree about the Terms... I wasnt going to have any (being that more times than less, they have done nothing, let alone make back their points) but needed him for the HQ. Again they got slaughtered, two dieing in c/c even

As for giving the DH =][= a retinue and dropping the WH =][=... something needs to change there, I agree.. but I have a problem with shooty retinues, as I find take ages to move into place, and all that time they dont shoot anything. Maybe with the assistance of a rhino would help this. I did use a WH =][= a couple of games back with Crusaders and their 4+ Invulnerable was great for the retinue, mind you I also gave p/swords to the acolytes (maybe a bit of an expense)

-
    FAST ATTACK.. oh how silly am I, that would have been a good idea :/
    -

Okay so next time I try some psycannons

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Harvey View Post
    I wasnt sure about psycannons as I thought all gaurdians had an armour save of 3+ not to mention the reapers etc.
    I haven't seen the "new" Eldar yet, but against my Eldar-playing friend, there weren't really any troops with a save better than 4+. One way the Eldar list compensates is by having a relatively high prevalence of invulnerable saves, but they're no good against psycannons! Psycannon fire just mows down Eldar like you cannot believe. An Eldar player can't field his troops in numbers like a 'nids, Orks, or IG player can, so the losses hurt that much more. Combine that low troops count with the fact that virtually all Eldar are only T3, too, and it's almost sick how we DH players have the perfect weapon for wiping out the Xenos here.

Actually, playing against Eldar, it's one of the few times where I think the massive points investment into a psycannon-maxed Purgation squad is totally worth it. You can destroy virtually anything they put on the board in short order with that much psycannon fire. Sit in cover, at a good distance for The Shrouding.... Awesome!
    This inquistor was set back in the back of the feild with the two LC/ML Dreads, I figure if I keep him safe I can kill a psycher or two per round (with the hammer of witches), have the range and fire power to pop off any spiders that come to kill him and then have the Psyc Hood to try and stop his "Guide" and "Fortune" cast, then with him safe at the end of the game the Excrusicator give me those extra points for all those dead psychers.
    Ah! I wasn't seeing that clearly before. Makes sense now. Good squad!
    As for giving the DH =][= a retinue and dropping the WH =][=... something needs to change there, I agree.. but I have a problem with shooty retinues, as I find take ages to move into place, and all that time they dont shoot anything. Maybe with the assistance of a rhino would help this. I did use a WH =][= a couple of games back with Crusaders and their 4+ Invulnerable was great for the retinue, mind you I also gave p/swords to the acolytes (maybe a bit of an expense)
    Ideally, you can deploy them in a spot with cover and decent line of sight and just fire away the whole game. They shouldn't be moving at all, if you can help it. If you need a transport to deploy them ahead, then do so. Just be sure to drop them off after a single 12" or less move so you can get them firing on your very next turn, and don't move them after that.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

73 (x3)

Yeah, i had another look at the Eldar Codex and the gaurdians have a 5+ save.. most have no more than a 4+... psycannons here I come
    I guess I was thinking of their more elite warriors.. like reapers :/

I'll have to contemplate the =][= abit more, hate the 4+ rolling for those h/bolters, but I suppose thats what you get for having a heavy3 48" range weapon

Thanks for the help dude, its given me a bit to think about.

:ninja:

+ Reply to Thread