1850 list vs Chaos Undivided - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

1850 list vs Chaos Undivided

Here is my list against Chaos Undivided. I have been told that the person that I will play against is new. So I tried to cover most things. Comments are most welcomed.

HQ
    GM/sacred incense,grimoire of true names.Icon of the Just
    +5 GKT 420 pts.

Troops
    PAGK Justicar+4 with 2 psycannons 200 pts.
    ISTX8with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB.EA 190 pts.
    ISTX6with 2 melta guns 80 pts.

Elite
    Inquisitor with psycannon,power armour 60 pts.
    2 HB servitior 1 Plasma Cannon servitior 95 pts.

Eversor Assassin 95 pts.

Heavy Support
    GK Dreadnought with TLLC/ML,EA 145 pts.

Fast Attack
    FAGK Justicat/melta bomb+9 280 pts.

Total 1845

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Facing Chaos Undivided can make things interesting. Your 2 vehicles will probably not last long at all with the wealth of anti-tank firepower available. So bear that in mind. Overall the list looks good, just couple suggestions.

Against Undivided, it may be worth it to get the Vindicare rather then the Eversor and for a few reasons.
    1) He'll probably have some daemons in reserve. But in order to bring them out he has to summon them with an icon bearer. Eliminate his best icons and you can really mess with his summoning options (or eliminate them entirely with some luck).
    2) If he brings a Greater Daemon, kill the vessel with a good snipe shot. It'll bring out the daemon immediately AND start forcing some nasty instability checks.
    3) Pop those hidden power-fist squad leaders before your grey knights get into assault with the unit.

Do something else with the Melta-gun squad of ISTs. Either give them the transport, or different weapons. They need to get in close to use those babies and they'll never make it by foot-slogging. Especially with things like Obliterators on the board (another likely unit).

Places to get some points back: Drop 1 heavy bolter servitor, maybe replace with 1 or 2 bare-bones acolytes for wound-padding. Potentially trade the GM for a BC and some extra Termies. If the other guy plays smart, your GM will never get into assault with a multi-wound model anyway and there goes most of points-worth of power.

Watch out for:

--Icon bearers in squads you assault. If he has Daemonettes waiting, they will make short work of your GKs with thier rending and superior initiative (nasty Warp Scream). Of course, so will Bloodletters (an entire squad with power weapons!)
    --Defilers. They can annihilate your ISTs and =I= with impunity and, depending on shrouding, lay serious hurt on the GK psycannon squad, too.
    --Obliterators. They pose a serious threat to everything you have. Thier huge variety of weapons lets them tailor thier shooting every round, and they can move (slowly) and fire at full range. Plus they're higher-toughness 2-wound terminators. And they can deepstrike. Str 8+ and AP 2 or better weapons eat them for breakfast though.
    --Daemon Princes. They can fly, or move like cavalry, or a number of other options, and they hurt things. Badly. On the upside, your assault elements should munch a lone prince quite easily. Love them NFW The Psycannon squad and the non GKs are easy pickings, however. Yes, Eversor included if the Prince gets the charge.
    --If he takes some Khorne Berserkers, they could mow through your Termies with thier chain-axes when that 2+ becomes a 4+. But they do tend to charge the nearest enemy, so you can use that to your advantage.

And yes, my main army is Chaos Undivided

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you for the insights Xardian. I had thought about a Vindicare assassin but had thought against that. You do have a good point about killing off the icon bearer/s.

The IST with melta guns was a after thought. I had 85 points to use so I thought I would get another squad. I was thinking of droping the Plasma Cannon servitor to get some points back. As much as I like the PC I like the HB servitors better. They can put out 6 shots a turn and I do not have to worry about killing myself with them.

Daemonettes are the only daemons that I do not like to face. Because of the Warp Scream. If I can keep them ata distance I will do well. The other thing I have to worry about is the sustained attack he gets if he uses daemons. on the flip side it is a VP game so if he is smart he will not want to over extened his daemon for they will give me alot of VP.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x1)

He might go for Mounted Daemonettes. I use them frequently myself, but rarely see anyone else fielding them. It's a Chapter Approved unit so you may not need to worry about it. But, do keep them in mind. I field them because they always reach assault the turn they arrive. Always. And even a unit of 5 pumps out 20 attacks on the charge. They pose a potential problem because they'll easily get around the range you'd be staying at to keep your Stormbolters in range, and they'll do it before you get a chance to shoot them.

And you're quite right about the daemons and sustained attack. Also consider the extra difficulty daemons have in assaulting GKs. Might want to try to deploy some of the non-GK units you don't want assaulted (like the =I=) behind a screen of knights. Just an idea though.

Oh, and yeah you're probably right on the PC servitor. I always have a pair of Sages when I field one, so cooking myself and missing with it have never been a problem for me. But that is 20 more points invested. Might even just downgrade the PC to 3rd heavy bolter.

And have you considered adding a TP homer to the GM or an IST squad? Get your FAGKs in to support their brothers if needed.
    Last edited by Xardian; October 25th, 2006 at 03:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

In the last league I was in there was a guy who played Word Bearers and he had mounted daemonettes. They where some thing to behold. They where killer at first but in later turns they where easy to deal with.

I will drop the PC for the points. Wit hdroping the second IST squad and buying a Vindicare I still will have 70 point to spend.Now I have to deside what I want with the rest of the points. I have only DS a unit twice since I have been playing. Most of the time I field all of my units.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Here is an up dated list and I was worng I had 115 points to play with after buying my Vindicare.

HQ
    GM/sacred incense,grimoire of true names.Icon of the Just
    +5 GKT 420 pts.

Troops
    PAGK Justicar+4 with 2 psycannons 200 pts.
    ISTX8with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB.EA 190 pts.
    ISTX8with 2 plasma guns 100 pts.

Elite
    Inquisitor with psycannon,power armour 60 pts.
    2 HB servitior 50 pts.

Vindicare Assassin 110 pts.

Heavy Support
    GK Dreadnought with TLLC/ML,EA 145 pts.

Fast Attack

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

58 (x1)

Just so you know, at 1850 he's likely to have a Prince that moves 6+D6" and assaults 12", then once he's in CC he will likely ignore armor AND inv saves w/ each hit, hit with I6, T6(5), S6-8, and have atleast 6 Attacks (+ rerolling 1 or 2 misses). Trying to assault a DP in a high points games is usually suicide. He will almost always get the charge (because of his range) and then he'll kill anything. Advise... Shoot him with anything you have that's AP2 and/or Str 10. Unfortunately, most Str 10 shooty units are Tau. Powerfists are unlikely to do much because of his I6 and ability to instakill just about everything (unless you have a huge squad). His saves could also be as good as 2+/5++. I've seen a DP, on the charge, wipe out a Lib + his 5 Termies, with none of them getting to hit back.

Of course, he's new and if he's not on here he may not know all the tricks. But if he's done some asking around... be ready.
    R.I.P. Iron Warriors, you will be missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I totaly agree with you Shoal07 on your post. The one item I always bring to the field when fighting Chaos is Sacred Incense. If he is new to Chaos and is not keen on Grey Knights he might just come for my GM. I think I will have keep one squad of IST with the GM because of the 2 plasma guns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

NEVER ASSAULT A DAEMON PRINCE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is my one thing to say( as i am a chaos player myself) there are probably 3 things in the world that can kill him before he kills them: Damonnettes, genestelaers, and assault cannons. now assault cannons are good against him, but with a lucky roll he can move 24" in one turn(including assault) and then with his S6 and 2D6 armour penetration he can kill your drednaught easily.you would need to be extremely lucky to kill him with rending, as you would need 3 or 4 6s and then he would need to fail all of his invul saves. lascannons help too, but you may need more than one to take him down. you should pray that he doesn't have daemons, because if he does, then the daemons get the sustained attack rule, but only his daemon packs, like bloodletters, daemonettes,ect. if you have any questions, just ask
    Zoe: Doesn't the bible say something specific about killing?
    Preacher: Yes, but it's somewhat fuzzy on the subject of kneecaps.
    -Firefly

+ Reply to Thread