1500pt - Beginner - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500pt - Beginner

Hi folks. I'm new to WH40k and decided to start a DH army due to their cool looking models and background story. I listed below the army I am currently building. Suggestions are appreciated.:yes:

HQ:
    1x Inquisitor Lord (psycannon + auspex)
    2x Gun Servitor (heavy bolter)
    1x Gun Servitor (plasma cannon)
    2x Sages
    1x Mystic

HQ:
    1x Brother-Captain (psycannon)

Troops:
    1x Veteran Sgt (teleport homer)
    5x stormtroopers
    2x stormtroopers (melta)
    1x Chimera (ML, extra armour)

Troops:
    6x stormtroopers
    2x stormtroopers (plasma guns)
    1x rhino (storm bolter, extra armour)

Fast Attack:
    1x Justicar
    9x PAGK

Fast Attack:
    1x Justicar
    9x PAGK

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought (ML, TLLC, Extra armour, smoke launchers)

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought (CCW+sB, AC, Extra armour, smoke launchers)

Total: 1495

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

It is a nice list.

HQ:
    1x Inquisitor Lord (psycannon + auspex)
    2x Gun Servitor (heavy bolter)
    1x Gun Servitor (plasma cannon)
    2x Sages
    1x Mystic
    Very nice. Why do you want to go with an =][= Lord? Are you useing the auspex to help find infiltrators? I ask because your mystic does the same thing but does not detect infiltrators.

HQ:
    1x Brother-Captain (psycannon)
    I see that you did not go over board with putting bells and whistles on him. Some people will say that putting a psycannon on a BC is a good thing others say not. Either way it works well.

Troops:
    5x stormtroopers
    2x stormtroopers (melta)
    1x Chimera (ML, extra armour)

Troops:
    6x stormtroopers
    2x stormtroopers (plasma guns)
    1x rhino (storm bolter, extra armour)
    These are good. Most will say to put the melta's in the rhino's and the plasma's in the chimera. The reason being melta's are for hunting tanks and the rhino has better side armour than the chimera. There for it will last longer in that roll. The IST with the Chimeria still needs a hull weapon.

Fast Attack:
    1x Justicar
    9x PAGK

Fast Attack:
    1x Justicar
    9x PAGK
    These units are spot on.

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought (ML, TLLC, Extra armour, smoke launchers)

Heavy Support:
    Dreadnought (CCW+sB, AC, Extra armour, smoke launchers)
    I will say that the reads are spot on. SOme like to go with 2 TLLC/ML. Foir anti-armour you have your IST and you TLLC dread. the other dread will work well in close support or anti-armour.

Over all a well done list and welcome to DH.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Wow. An excellent list as is, and probably the best "newbie DH" list I've yet seen. Really, all you should do is swap the Chimera and Rhino to the opposite squads -- Rhino with the melta ISTs, Chimera with the plasma ISTs -- and you're good to go.

Welcome!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

Why do you want to go with an =][= Lord?
    To explain this one a bit further: The Lord costs more, and while he DOES come with power armor, this won't help you in a ranged unit. The biggest reason to take a shooty Lord unit is the ability to take more than six henchmen. Here, you've got exactly six - why not downgrade to an Elite Inquisitor with the same gear and retinue and save a few points? Since you've already got an HQ in the form of the BC, using a Lord isn't necessary.

Are you useing the auspex to help find infiltrators? I ask because your mystic does the same thing but does not detect infiltrators.
    Mystics only detect Deepstriking and Summoned units. Auspex only detects Infiltrators. They don't overlap at all in target selection, so having both is very useful.

Very good list, though. Looks like you stole my own 1500 list

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great list

i really like this. not sure where your from- i imagine nowhere near carlisle england as i would love to play this army as i always enjoy a challenge. good look on the gaming side hope the army serves you well

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by mEGALOMANIAC View Post
    To explain this one a bit further: The Lord costs more, and while he DOES come with power armor, this won't help you in a ranged unit. The biggest reason to take a shooty Lord unit is the ability to take more than six henchmen. Here, you've got exactly six - why not downgrade to an Elite Inquisitor with the same gear and retinue and save a few points? Since you've already got an HQ in the form of the BC, using a Lord isn't necessary.
    If you can afford it, I like the added benefit of the higher LD for target priority checks as well as Iron Will. It costs you one GK for those bennies, but sometimes it's totally worth it, IMHO.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    63 (x2)

Hmm, well, if you do decide to listen to Megalo's advice and switch the inquis. lord for just a regular elite inquis. The extra points could be put to good use to say...emporer's tarot :yes::yes::yes:...(I'm a fan of it as you may be able to tell)...that should actually make an even swap so your overall point total won't change. (The chance to get +1 on first turn roll can make all the difference)
    5th E Sand(Grey) Knights: 11-3 (retired) 5th E Eldar: 37-4 (retired) 5th E Wolves 5-0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks so much for your input guys. As for making the Inquisitor an elite, yes, I'll go ahead and do that to get more points back. I was actually doing it for fluff having the Inq as the leader of the group. I have to admit that before I did the list, I was reading some of the threads from other newbies and learned a lot from you GK vets :yes: . Thanks again for the suggestions oh and I'm actually here in sunny Los Angeles.

+ Reply to Thread