1500point Speed Army... - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500point Speed Army...

Traits:
    Be Swift As The Wind
    No Mercy, No Respite
    Drawbacks:
    Flesh Over Steel
    Have Faith In Suspicion

HQ
    Master
    Space Marine Bike, Power Fist, Iron Halo, Artificer Armour, Terminator Honours
    (190)
    ELITE
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    2x Meltagun, Sgt Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Furious Assault
    (235)
    Dreadnought
    Heavy Flamer, Venerable, Furious Assault
    Transport: Drop Pod
    (175)
    Dreadnought
    Heavy Flamer, Extra Armour
    (150)
    TROOP
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    Plasma Gun, Attack Bike, Multimelta
    (235)
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    (235)
    FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad (8 men)
    Furious Assault, 2x Plasma Pistols, Sgt Terminator Honours, P. Fist
    (240)
    Land Speeder
    Heavy Bolter
    (50)
    TOTAL: 1500

Please feel free to comment and critique.... I am thinking of using this in a tournament at the end of the year so please be brutal...

From across the table

White Ninja Warlord :ninja:

~The Means Will Always Justify The Ends~

"Anything in Inquisitor is plausible, just mathematically improbable"

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For really beign competative, you should drop the Ass. Marines and replace them with speeders. With the usaul AC and HB......thats not really advice, more regurgitation.

Honestly, I think the list is okay. If you drop the assualt marines and add 2 speeders, you will have enough points left over to make the second dread venerable (if you take Head the Wisdom of the Ancients as a second trait). I would honestly give the commander a PW instead of a PF. With extra points i would add a second special weapon into each of the bike squads. Being totaly serious, you would be better off with meltas than plasmas. Since the bikes will be on the move, maybe add MMs to the attack bikes. I like the list for the most part. I made a sort of similar (1850pts) list a while ago, with 5 dreads, 19 bikes, and 2 speeders. I think if i ever collected it the list would kill. hope i helped.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made man equal."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by White Ninja Warlord View Post
    Traits:
    Be Swift As The Wind
    No Mercy, No Respite
    Drawbacks:
    Flesh Over Steel
    Have Faith In Suspicion

Master
    Space Marine Bike, Power Fist, Iron Halo, Artificer Armour, Terminator Honours
    (190)
    ELITE
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    2x Meltagun, Sgt Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Furious Assault
    (235)
    Dreadnought
    (175)
    Dreadnought
    (150)
    TROOP
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    (235)
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    (235)
    FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad (8 men)
    (240)
    Land Speeder
    Heavy Bolter
    (50)

Please feel free to comment and critique.... I am thinking of using this in a tournament at the end of the year so please be brutal...

From across the table

for the commander i suggest you don't take a powerfist. this is becuase you want to take advantage of the fact that he has an initiative of 5, which means he will get to strike before most opponents. you could do this several ways. if you want to conserve points, just give him a bolt pistol and close combat weapon. if you want to tool him up for the assualt, and willing to spend some points, give him dual lightning claws. i personally feel that lightning claws are great for a captain, becuase a space marine captain is still only str 4, and the rerolls to wound really help when facing tough opponents.
    iron halo is fine. you could give him a combat shield or storm shield (if your willing to sacrifice an attack). both options will save you some points, although they would only help in close combat, but he should accompany a squad anyway so he shouldn't have to worry about getting shot. i would drop artificer armor as its a waste of points and his bigest threat is power weapons anyway.

i say keep the assualt squad, but try to cut back a little on its' cost.

give the land speeder an assualt cannon

you have a pretty low body count. i field bikers in my army, and i've noticed that despite thier toughness they do tend to die rather more quickly than you would think. try to cut down the cost of some of the other stuff to get anouther 5 man biker squad or two.

thats my 2 cents
    Last edited by Koss; October 27th, 2006 at 02:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7 View Post
    for the commander i suggest you don't take a powerfist. this is becuase you want to take advantage of the fact that he has an initiative of 5, which means he will get to strike before most opponents. you could do this several ways. if you want to conserve points, just give him a bolt pistol and close combat weapon. if you want to tool him up for the assualt, and willing to spend some points, give him dual lightning claws. i personally feel that lightning claws are great for a captain, becuase a space marine captain is still only str 4, and the rerolls to wound really help when facing tough opponents.
    iron halo is fine. you could give him a combat shield or storm shield (if your willing to sacrifice an attack). both options will save you some points, although they would only help in close combat, but he should accompany a squad anyway so he shouldn't have to worry about getting shot. i would drop artificer armor as its a waste of points and his bigest threat is power weapons anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexpape7 View Post
    thats my 2 cents
    Lol its a pretty good 2c...

Well here is the revamped list... I've dropped the plasmas on the troops in favour of meltaguns... I've dropped all the melta weaponry of the elite squad and i've given the landspeeder an assault cannon... Also on the master i've dropped the artificer armour, and the power fist and in replace i've given the master a power weapon and combat shield....

Traits:
    Be Swift As The Wind
    No Mercy, No Respite
    Drawbacks:
    Flesh Over Steel
    Have Faith In Suspicion

HQ
    Master
    Space Marine Bike, Power Weapon, Iron Halo, Terminator Honours, Combat Shield

(170)
    ELITE
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    Sgt Terminator Honours, Power Fist, Furious Assault
    (215)
    Dreadnought
    (175)
    Dreadnought
    (150)
    TROOP
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    Meltagun, Attack Bike, Multimelta
    (235)
    Bike Squad (5 bikes)
    Meltagun, Attack Bike, Multimelta
    (235)
    FAST ATTACK
    Assault Squad (8 men)
    (240)
    Land Speeder
    Heavy Bolter, Assault Cannon
    (80)

Please feel free to comment and critique....

From across the table

~The Means Will Always Justify The Ends~

"Anything in Inquisitor is plausible, just mathematically improbable"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One glaring thing jumps out at me, low model count. 27 models in a 1500 point list?

Only two drop pods might not work so well either. Drop podding is most effective when you have many units (4+) dropping together or atleast over the course of two turns. I understand the reason you equiped the dreads with them, to stay with the 'speed' theme, but......

Ok we are up to $.04
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Swift as the Wind vs Ravenwing

Whoops...sorry. Meant to post in my own thread.

Edit due to my stupidity. Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok lets crack some pistachio shells, and eat some nuts!

190 points for a master or any other space marine IC is high to say the least he's the most. his biggest benefit is the leadership deal. now at the bike squad sizes basicaly if they get singled out, they die... making high leadership nill. as far as kitting out a leader for a predominantly bike army i strongly agree with advice i was given; chaplains, attached to furious chargeing bike squads. consider that the chaplains come with an invulnerable and a power weapon built into there costs! yes indeed a steal.

by taking two drop podding dreads you have left your troops to be shot at stabbed and burnt on turn one, when they will be vulnerable, albeit possibly with invulnerable saves. consider that having a marine save against next to all the weapons in the game means one in three save is a dead biker, yeah even with turbo boosting a few rapid firing bolter squads tears into a bike squad. essentialy the turn before you get to mid range, where your bikes like to be, your scant body count is going to be shot. break neck speed demmands the full army to follow suit, 300 plus points off table means easier time with target priority.

the assault squad will be functioning in a different way to the bikes, i dont see the synergy. jump packs lack that extra push and ressillience of turbo boost. they will typicaly come in a bit slower than bikes too. idealy you are going to be hitting hard units with two or three of yours at once, and besting opponents by superior speed and mobility. the jump packs may work well here however difficult they may be to work with in conjunction with bikes. points wise they are a bit costly too. i would defineately advise you to have a very purposeful formula of usage if you include them in this list.

more speeders! i command you!

i managed to fit 29 bikes in my 1500 list and two speeders, admittedly i lack the two dreads but thats 5 bike squads, and 5 power fists. alot of versatility and redundancy that is sorely lacking here. i like the speed theme, but find it very demanding in bike lists, clarity is what you need!

be swift as the wind battle brother!

+ Reply to Thread