Librarium Online Forums banner

1850 BT List

534 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Y'he Sha'is 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been trying to develop a list for the BT that actually seems decently competative (putting up a good, hard fight, and winning sometimes too). I'm also trying to get them to perform like I want them to, so here's another attempt at getting a strong CC force with a close, hard-hitting, shooting force that can quickly soften up the enemy just before the wave hits.

Any and all advice is welcomed (as a side note, please don't suggest I take devastators or Whirlwinds, because, sadly, I can't have them in a BT list). Be as tough/critical as possible, please.

HQ
Marshal - 131 (JP/TH/PW/BP), joins assault squad

Emperor's Champion - 140 (AAC,NMTO)

ELITE
Dreadnought - 113 (AC/DCCW/EA/SL)

Dreadnought - 113 (AC/DCCW/EA/SL)

TROOPS
Crusader Squad 1 - 235 (10 Initiates, 5 Neophytes, 1 MG, 1 PF)

Crusader Squad 2 - 235 (10 Initiates, 5 Neophytes, 1 MG, 1 PF)

Crusader Squad 3 - 235 (10 Initiates, 5 Neophytes, 1 MG, 1 PF)

FAST ATTACK
Assault Squad - 223 (9 Jump Infantry, 1 PF, 2 PP), joined by Marshall

HEAVY SUPPORT
Predator Annihilator - 135 (TLLC, HBSS, EA)

Predator Annihilator - 135 (TLLC, HBSS, EA)

Vindicator - 163 (PoMS)

TOTAL: 1850

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a pretty good list.

There is not really much I would outright change, maybe just a few tweaks.

I'm not a big fan of the Assault Cannon on a footslogging dread. Dreads are really slow, and the Assault cannon is very short ranged, but you don't really have the points to change much. since you have a fair amount of additional armor, try taking just one dread, with H. Flamer, and stick him in a Drop Pod. Normally you don't want just a single thing comeing down in a DP, but if you don't get him until turn 3 or 4, you will have plenty of support from all your CC Squads, and if you get him turn 2, just put him in a good spot with lots of cover.

Extra armor and smoke launcher are a waste of points on a Vindicator with Power of the Machine spirit. so you can save yourself a few points. Put smoke launchers on both of the Predetors instead.

other then that...nice list.

#3 ·
Jump Pack for the Marshall!!! Get him in CC by sticking him in with the Assault Marines.

Dreadnoughts are slow so either give them longer range weapons like heavybolters and missile launchers or Drop Pod them. Personnally I would get rid of them and get 2 LST's with heavybolters and assault cannons and one LS with multi melta.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, and rep to you both.

I don't own any landspeeders, so I can't use them now... I guess I'm going to have to buy some LS w/ AC & HB. I hope there is room on my magnetized display board!

I've editted the list above. Any other suggestions out there?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.