2000 competative, traits - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 competative, traits

HQ:
    Reclusiarch with bolt pistol and jump pack

Troops:
    Tactical squad (10) with two plasma rifles and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 265

Tactical squad (10) with two plasma rifles and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 265

Fast Attack:
    Assault squad (10) with two flamers and a fisted sergeant with chaplain attached to unit

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Heavy Support:
    Devestator Squad (8 )
    Missile launcher (4)

Devestator Squad (8 )
    Missile launcher (4)

Traits:
    Trust Your Batle-Brother, Cleanse and Purify, Aspire to Glory, Have Faith in Suspicion

Total: 1988 (unless I'm off somewhere)

So any comments or suggestions; and any ideas as to what to spend the remaining points on? (Before anything, I'm not looking to remove trust your battle brother from the four squads. Those extra attacks would help if/when the four squads get assaulted after coming in.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Ghost of LO ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    185 (x8)

Devs arent the greatest support squads for drop pods.

Reclusiarch with bolt pistol and jump pack
    Frags, consider terminator honours.
    Troops:

I would make at least one of these squads use melta guns.

Perferably 2.
    Assault squad (10) with two flamers and a fisted sergeant with chaplain attached to unit

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Landspeeder Tornado 80
    Solid

Good force overal

Peace
    Questions about drop pods? Click Here.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!
    Need help with your HQ? Click Here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ForgedInTheFurnaceOfWar View Post
    Devs arent the greatest support squads for drop pods.
    If I were to take away the devs then I would leave myself with very little anti-armor; even with the four meltaguns and two assault cannons.

Frags, consider terminator honours.
    Frags I could easily do, but where would I get the points for the terminator honors? Its something I forgot to put in when I made the list and I can't fit it in currently.

I would make at least one of these squads use melta guns.

Perferably 2.
    Done in revised list below

HQ:
    Reclusiarch with bolt pistol, frag grenades, and jump pack

Troops:

Tactical squad (10) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 265

Tactical squad (10) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 265

Fast Attack:

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Heavy Support:
    Devestator Squad (8 )
    Missile launcher (4)

Devestator Squad (8 )
    Missile launcher (4)

Traits:
    Trust Your Batle-Brother, Cleanse and Purify, Aspire to Glory, Have Faith in Suspicion

Total: 1989

[I don't know how often he frequents this part of LO, but in the game this list is going to be played in Darkreever is going to be amongst the players and I'm hoping to destroy his army after the last three games we played. (Farsight enclave vs LatD khornate, tau win; bad moonz vs LatD khornate, ork win massacre; first-and-only vs biel tann, barely a draw favoring the tanith.) After two losses and a draw I really wanna catch him off guard with a list like this.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

I don't know how often he frequents this part of LO, but in the game this list is going to be played in Darkreever is going to be amongst the players and I'm hoping to destroy his army after the last three games we played.
    He comes by a lot. Im guessing your fighting a hoard of rihnos then.

Trust your battle brothers isnt great against MEQs, Id remove it if you really want to win games. If your looking for a good time and such, this can be a useful power, but isnt as point effect as other things.

Otherwise, you could lower these squads to 8 men, in increase your number of drop pods.

Remove trust your battle brothers for these guys, melta squads dont make good use of the power.

This should provide you with enough points to get your HQ ready for battle. Lowering these squads to 8 man squads might pick you up one more squad.

Good Luck.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

You seriously need to rethink the dev's as well.

If your oppent gets first turn, he will have 2 turns of nothing to shoot at except your Dev's. That is 100% of his army, firing on 16 guys. How long do you think they will last? Even if you start with your LST's on the table, I would not expect very much, if anything to be on the table on your side when your Pods start to drop.

What you have, is about 1/3 of your army starting on the table, about 1/3 will land turn 2, and the last 1/3 turns 3 and 4. This is the perfect bite sized pieces for your opponent. You need to have about 2/3 of your army starting on the table, or nothing (100% drop). Anything else and you give your oppnent so few targets that he chews you up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    You seriously need to rethink the dev's as well.

If your oppent gets first turn, he will have 2 turns of nothing to shoot at except your Dev's. That is 100% of his army, firing on 16 guys.
    Sin you hit the nail on the head. I went up against a very similiar army in my last tourney. I got first turn and whiped out one of his devistators (it had lascannons). I moved my guys so that his dev squad with bolters couldnt hit my squads. I just took the hits from the ML squad on my assault squad. Assualted them the next urn and whipped them out. Shot at the other squad so when my assault squad moved into them they ate em up.

Then one by one his guys moved on the table and I was spread out enough I could assault them in One turn.

i looked at his revised list last week with some drop podded Dreads. It was fearsome.

Also when you go all drop pods you opponent just gets scared when he gets first turn. Moving around for two turns with nobody to shoot at, scary
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Also, on TyBB... you should rethink this as well.

It is a GREAT trait against Orks,

It is an OK trait (but not worth the points IMO) against other non-MEQ armies

It is almost totally useless aginst MEQ, or a CC oriented army that have a higher init then you.

If you crunch the numbers, a unit of 10 guys will get 2/3 of an extra dead MEQ in CC... for 30 points!!!

If you are fighting a CC army with higher init then you, there will not be enough marines alive by the time they get thier attacks to make a difference (cause you will probably take the 2 special weapons as casualties last).

Against non-CC armies like Cron's or Tau, you simply don't need it, you PWN them anyway.

Against Orks, it can pay for itself, cause even if they pass thier WAAH test you have equal init to them, so you can kill quite a few extra orks. But you will probably be grossly overwhelmed by green and die horrably anyway.

NOTE: This is however NOT the opinion of many people. This is one of those traits that a lot of people like, and alot don't. From a number crunching point of view, it is not worth it, but the game does go beyond the numbers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forged:
    So how long would you say before he finds this thread then? (and we talked today and he said that he was not going to be fielding his marines for this, said he would be going guard which usually means a gun line of full infantry platoons.)

Lord Spanko:
    If a drop podding force scares some of the people where you play, then you don't wanna come over here because some of the regulars will look at it and laugh if they get first turn or not.

Sinjin:
    I think I'll give TYBB a try or some of the squads and drop it on some of the other ones like Forged suggested for now. Maybe I'll look at the numbers later vs guard and see if its still worth it. I mean those extra attacks have to help out some time right?

Second revised list:

HQ:
    Master of Sanctity with bolt pistol, frag grenades, terminator honors and jump pack

Elites:
    Dreadnought
    extra armor
    drop pod

Dreadnought
    extra armor
    drop pod

Troops:
    Tactical squad (8 ) with two plasma rifles and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 235

Tactical squad (8 ) with two plasma rifles and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with trust your battle brother 235

Tactical squad (8 ) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with 205

Tactical squad (8 ) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod 205

Fast Attack:

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Landspeeder Tornado 80

Traits:

Total: 1954

OK, took out some of the marines and TYBB from the melta squads and added another squad; and removed the devs for two dreds instead. I don't really think making either of them into hellfire patters will be worth it but I am able to spend another forty points on something. Maybe one extra marine in each of the plasma squads?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

This list looks a lot better then the last one. It's getting really close to a great list.

Just a couple of things.

1) A Dreadnought in a Drop Pod begs for a heavy flamer. How do you like your guard? medium rare or well done?

2) If you want to try TyBB, go ahead, but guard is one of those armies that it will be of limited use. When you land, the guard are unlikely to assault you. TyBB or not, you are way stronger then him in CC. And if your going to assault him, you can't fire your bolters.
    You could take those 90 points, plust the 20 you have left (after buying the 2 Heavy Flamers) and get a nice scout squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

185 (x8)

This list currently doesnt stack up well against IG. (Its not awful, but it could be better)

Chance of traits: you will need to remove TYBB/Apsire to glory/faith in suspision/ Add have pride in your colours, or no allies.

HQ:
    Master of Sanctity with bolt pistol, frag grenades, terminator honors and jump pack
    Trade this guy for a librarain, with terminator armour, and fear of the darkness.
    with a 4 man terminator command squad, in drop pod, with 2 ACs.

Elites:
    Dreadnought
    extra armor
    drop pod

Dreadnought
    extra armor
    drop pod
    Solid.

Troops:

TYBB has almost no effect against IG. They will never charge you. IG have lots of tanks, i suggest more melta guns. 3 melta squads/2 plasma squads
    Tactical squad (8 ) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod all with 205

Tactical squad (8 ) with two meltaguns and a fisted sergeant in a droppod 205
    Good.

Fast Attack:
    Trade these for termintors.
    Landspeeder Tornado 80

Landspeeder Tornado 80
    If possible, add another one of these DO NOT DEEP STRIKE THESE, deploy them out of LOS, and keep them out of LOS untill your first wave of pods arrive, remember to keep moving them as IG can shoot indirectly.

Overall solid drop poding force.

Asssinate is IG commander with the termintors + landspeeders.

Then pop off fear of the darkness and send his army running. Take out his tanks with melta squads.

Remember AC also work against tanks.

Peace

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Death From Above!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast