Two friendly lists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Two friendly lists

Ok these are two lists I will be playing with friends. The first is an out of the codex army and the second is an A-C list. I would like opinions on both. Thank you all very much.

21st Royal Gothic Company = 2,606
    Doctrines
    Coffin Nails of the Clerics “Counts as Ratlings�
    Storm Troopers
    Close Orders Drill
    Sharpshooters
    Chem-Inhaler

HQ = 282
    Command Platoon = 82
    Junior Officer, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma x2 Grenade x2

Fire Support Squad = 100 Heavy Bolter x3
    Chem-Inhaler, Sharpshooters

Fire Support Squad = 100 Heavy Bolter x3
    Chem-Inhaler, Sharpshooters

Troops = 992
    Platoon 1 = 297
    Command 1
    Junior Officer = 82
    Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma x2 Grenade x2
    Squad = 43 Each All Squads Sharpshooters All Squads Chem-Inhaler
    Squad 1-1 Squad 1-2 Squad 1-3 Squad 1-4 Squad 1-5
    Missiles Missiles Missiles Missiles Missiles
    Grenades Grenades Grenades Grenades Grenades

Armored Fist 1 = 199
    Vet Sergeant
    Missile, Grenade
    Sharpshooters, Chem-Inhaler
    Chimera
    Multi-Laser, Hull mounted Bolter, Rough Terrain Mod

Platoon 2 = 297
    Command 2
    Junior Officer = 82
    Each Squad = 43 All Squads Sharpshooters All Squads Chem-Inhaler
    Squad 2-1 Squad 2-2 Squad 2-3 Squad 2-4 Squad 2-5

Armored Fist 2 = 199
    Vet Sergeant
    Missile, Grenade
    Chimera

Elites = 362
    Coffin Nails of the Clerics = 110

Storm Trooper = 126
    Vet Sergeant, Plasma, Plasma

Storm Trooper = 126
    Vet Sergeant, Meltas, Meltas

Fast Attack = 500
    Hellhound = 130
    Extra Amour, Track Guards

Hellhound = 130

Sentinel Support Squad = 240
    Las-cannon, Hunter missile, closed top, x3

Heavy Support = 470
    Basilisk = 125
    Indirect Fire

Basilisk = 125
    Indirect Fire

Leman Russ Demolisher = 220
    Hull Las-Cannon, Sides Plasma

21st Royal Gothic Armored Company = 800
    Doctrines
    Rare Vanquisher
    Rare Conquer
    Ace Sponson Gunner
    Ace Gunners
    Evasive Driving

HQ = 360
    Vanquisher
    Hull Heavy-Bolter, Side Heavy-Bolter
    Ace Sponson Gunner, Ace Gunners, Evasive Driving
    Extra Armor, Track Guards, Hunter Killer Missile

Troop 1 = 220
    Conquer
    Extra Armor, Track Guards

Troop 2 = 220
    Conquer
    Extra Armor, Track Guards

If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Hate to point it out to you Zabien but those infantry squads are way off for points. Its the 43 points of upgrades plus the sixty points for the ten man squad.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

First things first: Zabien, while a spam post is shunned here on LO it does not give any member nor the LO staff to be insulting or flame that poster like you did in your post because one of the logical responses from the insulted member may be to insult back.

Well a mod should be around to see what can be done about that eventually.

Now onto the lists themselves:
    Quote Originally Posted by zabien View Post
    HQ = 282
    Command Platoon = 82
    Junior Officer, Bolt Pistol, Power Weapon, Plasma x2 Grenade x2
    For starters its a fairly decent squad, but one of the general bits of advice is to stick with one type of weapon for a better performance from it. Also, you've taken Chem-inhalers so everysquad that is allowed to take it has to take it regardless of whether or not you want it.

Now there is one downside to this squad and its that no matter who dies, a ton of points go down the drain because you have no spare bodies in this squad.

Troops = 992
    Platoon 1 = 297
    Command 1
    Junior Officer = 82
    Squad = 43 Each All Squads Sharpshooters All Squads Chem-Inhaler
    Squad 1-1 Squad 1-2 Squad 1-3 Squad 1-4 Squad 1-5
    For the command squad just reread what I posted about the command platoon squad. Theres no point in me just copying and pasting it anyway.

I don't have much to say about the infantry squads, they are fine to me; I'm a fan of full platoons over min-maxed platoons anyway. (Well they are fine aside from being three hundred points under what they should be.)

Armored Fist 1 = 199
    Vet Sergeant
    Missile, Grenade
    Chimera
    Given that your using chem-inhalers I don't actually see the point of the vet sergeants. You fail a leadership test and your pinned rather than running anyway. Rough terrain mod might be a waste of points though, I can't say that with much faith since I haven't seen need to use it myself.

Elites = 362
    Coffin Nails of the Clerics = 110
    Large numbers for maximum effect, nothing more to say here since its pretty good.

Storm Trooper = 126
    Vet Sergeant, Plasma, Plasma

Storm Trooper = 126
    Vet Sergeant, Meltas, Meltas
    Stormies are great, especially with their given weapons but you might want to think about infiltrating or deepstriking them so they don't have to run up the field and get shot apart. Also, whats the point of the vets in both squads? They have the same LD and just one more attack that allows armour saves anyway.

Fast Attack = 500
    Hellhound = 130

Hellhound = 130

Sentinel Support Squad = 240
    Las-cannon, Hunter missile, closed top, x3
    The hellhounds are alright, the track guards on them might be a bit useless because they only stand a chance of working 50% of the time.

Now the sentinals on the other hand are definately going to be easy pickings for anyone that plays you. Remember vehicles in squads suffer from the damages of just one in the group. That and the weapon loadout for each of them is not the best in the world either; the hunter killers are one shot and stand a 50/50 chance of doing anything, same with the lascannons but they can fire for the entire game or until they lose the gun/die. Closed top helps them, but its an AV 10 vehicle anyway, its most likely recieving a penetrating hit from anything that wants it dead anyway.

Heavy Support = 470
    Basilisk = 125
    Indirect Fire

Basilisk = 125
    Indirect Fire
    I've got nothing to say about these, they are good enough.

Leman Russ Demolisher = 220
    Hull Las-Cannon, Sides Plasma
    I personally don't have the most experience with demolishers, I prefer normal russ's myself. Track guards might be a waste since there is only a 50% chance they will work at all. One big thing for this vehicle is that no matter what you fire everything else is wasted because all of the guns are ordanance or offensive weapons.

I was gonna say stuff for the armoured company list, but then I realised I know squat about armoured company...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Zabien:

In the future, should someone insult you in such a fashion like what was done in this thread,
    please report the post and have a Moderator look into it, rather than resorting to the same inflammatory attitude.

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what are you talking about caluin i did not insuelt him i just told him he had a wierd way off posting his list
    Last edited by [*NoCo*]; November 9th, 2006 at 00:10.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

[*NoCo*] I saw your comment, it was insulting, and intended to be insulting. It was also very badly written. Do we really have to tell you again not to use '2' instead of 'to'? Are you really 11 years old?

Sort yourself out please, we will be watching you from now on. And make sure your posts are spelt correctly in future.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Thanks again darkreever I relies I need to deconstruct this and stat again now that I have played a few games and you have pointed out things that I have missed. Now for my reasoning. My command squads end up being suicide squads half the time so I forget about them. I have also been working on this a wile so when I come up with a cool idea I tweak it so it works and forget to take the things that are replaced out. Like on my armored fists I gave them a Vet Sarg to up leadership then I wanted Chems but forgot to take out the Vets. The Chimeras have the rough terrain mods because I like playing in a lot of terrain. With my storm troopers I have had bad experiences with deep striking and infiltrating, but I should give it another shot I guess and the Vet Sarg on them honestly I don’t know why I think I thought it would be cool. My reason for the track guards is that the tanks I want to move I want them to stay moving, that is why I only gave them to the HellHounds and the Demolisher. My Sentinels well they sit in front of the Demolisher and act like a shield and/or wait for big things to come into range. I mostly play a Necron player so they mainly wait for either one of the C’tan or the Monolith to come into range.

Now to every one I am sorry. [*NoCo*] to you I am sorry because you caught me in one of my arguing moods and I was out of line for snapping at you. To the addmids I am sorry because I did not handle the situation properly and I did not know I could contact one of you guys. This is one of the first forms I have ever had to the pleasure of being on so I do not know a lot of the educate.
    If you do things right people wont be sure if you have done anything at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Aun View Post
    [*NoCo*] I saw your comment, it was insulting, and intended to be insulting. It was also very badly written. Do we really have to tell you again not to use '2' instead of 'to'? Are you really 11 years old?

Sort yourself out please, we will be watching you from now on. And make sure your posts are spelt correctly in future.

hard aun you never told me to use (to instead of 2) and nobody else did.

and no it was not intended as and insult, i am sorry that people saw it like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    293 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by [*NoCo*] View Post
    hard aun you never told me to use (to instead of 2) and nobody else did.
    It's in the Forum rules, which everyone is supposed to have read.

Anyway, as long as you mind that your mistakes in future are not taken for bad attitude, then all will be fine. Go in peace.

Ryan Dancey, Vice President of Wizards of the Coast, believed that TSR failed because of "...a near total inability to listen to its customers, hear what they were saying, and make changes to make those customers happy." Are you listening, Games Workshop ?

+ Reply to Thread