2000pts DH duo tournament list - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000pts DH duo tournament list

Batlle Brothers,

I am preparing for a Dutch 2000 pts duo tournament. Each player has to bring 1000 points. I thought it would be nice to combine DH and DA for this tournament. We will play three missions at the tournament. cleanse/ recon/ secure and control. I do not know what kind of armies to face, so it have to face all comers. Please let me know how you think I can finetune my lists.

Daemonhunters Army 1000 pts
    HQ:
    Brother-captain w/ psycannon, and 4x GKT retinue w/ psycannon 300 pts

Elites:
    Ordo Malleus inquisitor w/ psycannon 50 pts
    Callidus Assassin 120 pts

Troops:
    9x GK squad w/ justicar w/ 250 pts
    10x GK squad w/ justicar w/ meltabombs 280 pts

Dark angels 998 pts
    HQ:
    Reclusiarch, Terminator honours, BP, Jump Pack, frag grenades, 122 pts

Troops:
    Tactical squad x5, lascannon, 90 pts
    Tactical squad x5, lascannon, 90 pts

Fast attack:
    Assault squad x,9 bolt pistol, ccw, 2x Plasma pistol, veteran 1x bolt pistol and powerfist, 238 pts
    Landspeeder tornado, heavy bolter, assault cannon, JINX 80 pts
    Landspeeder tornado, heavy bolter, assault cannon, JINX 80 pts

Heavy support:
    Dreadnought w/ twin-linked lascannon, missile launcher, and smoke launchers 143 pts
    Devastator squad x5, missile launcher, 155 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x8)

You're probably not going to like this, but I'd drop all of those GKT (aside from the BroCap you need to make it legal). For the same points, you can get a near-max PAGK squad. That more than doubles your wounds and damage output as well. GKT units are never a good idea until at least1500pts, if not 2000pts.

The Inquisitor/Assassin combo isn't very points efficient either. For 170pts you can secure, again, significantly more wounds & damage output from Troops squads. It's a good rule of thumb for small games like this - Troop units are always more efficient than HQ/Elites.

Notice how the DA player has about the same number of infantry models as you, PLUS three vehicles? My point exactly. Don't delve into the "shiny" DH units until you're playing in larger games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you for your imput! about the gkt i agree for 1000 pts lists, i would certainly drop them. But in this case we have a total of 2000 points, so I thought it would be nice to have a gkt squad. For the inq, he indeed is a bit useless in this list, but I think the assassin is very usefull in 2000 point lists. or do I get to enthousiastic here with wielding my supercool converted female squadslayer?!?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

about the gkt i agree for 1000 pts lists, i would certainly drop them. But in this case we have a total of 2000 points, so I thought it would be nice to have a gkt squad.
    Your reasoning is flawed, though. Yes, the total is 2000pts - but each of you still must bring the 1 HQ and 2 Troops, for example. I say 2000pts is a good point at which to bring in GKT - this is when you're already fielding plenty of Troops and the like already. Combined here, you guys have two HQs and two Elites - more than usually taken in a single 2000pt list already. Don't base decisions within your own list on the combined whole, but on the portion YOU are taking. The most you should be influenced by the other guy's list is what style of play he's going to bring with him (shooty, assault, vehicles, etc), so that you can compliment him.

For the inq, he indeed is a bit useless in this list, but I think the assassin is very usefull in 2000 point lists. or do I get to enthousiastic here with wielding my supercool converted female squadslayer?!?!
    Well, I do think you're too enthusiastic about it - hence my advice Consider how many GK you can get for the cost of the Inq + Callidus. Then consider how many wounds more you've got on those GK, and how many more attacks they have than the Inq + Assassin. THIS is my point right here. Sure, she's cool, etc etc. But she cannot do as much damage as an equal number of GK can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, you have a good point there with your advise for the total army. So what do you suggest taking for the 1000 pts?

Feel free to join to give your opinion about a Duo- tournament list!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For no cost extra you can send some GK's to the fast attack section, allowing for an adaptation on the opponents deployment or even teleporting in. I dunno how rules would be on duo lists and teleport homers, but if you are allowed to use the beacons of your ally, if he finds the points or can justify them, you might use them to get a more secure landing spot.
    MvG, vindicator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

ok, you have a good point there with your advise for the total army. So what do you suggest taking for the 1000 pts?
    Ignore extras and upgrades and shiny bits. Load up on the solid and dependable choices.

A BroCap + 3x10 PAGK runs you just shy of 900pts, and gives you a lot more bang for your point. WIth some minor changes (ie, dropping 1-2 PAGK) you can squeeze in a Dreadnought with the guns of your choice, or a minimum (3) retinue of GKT for the BroCap. You could add a minimum Purg squad (Justicar + 2) with two psycannons for the about the same cost. as well.

If you really feel the need for an Inquisitor, kit him up for shooting. Leave the psycannon at home (too expensive) and leave the shooting to the gun servitors.

Your partner has the heavy weapons covered, especially anti-tank (seriously, does he expect Land Raiders in this game or something?). You'll be best off taking as many PAGK/FAGK as you can then, and leave the heavy firepower to him.

For no cost extra you can send some GK's to the fast attack section, allowing for an adaptation on the opponents deployment or even teleporting in. I dunno how rules would be on duo lists and teleport homers, but if you are allowed to use the beacons of your ally, if he finds the points or can justify them, you might use them to get a more secure landing spot.
    I wouldn't bother with TP Homers in this list or the allied list - I mean, you're putting a single unit on the table that way, and a bit of planning ahead negates the side effects of a bad scatter roll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Van Leeuwen; November 12th, 2006 at 22:44.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-
    Last edited by Van Leeuwen; November 13th, 2006 at 23:32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

103 (x8)

Sadly, you cannot take a GK Dreadnought (or GK LR/LRC) without a GK Hero in one of your HQ slots. If you want a Dread, fit it into the DA list. What you could do is put a Dread in the DA list and a small Purgation squad in the DH list. Or another PAGK unit.

On that topic, don't mix an Assault Cannon and a Missile Launcher on any Dreadnought - the ML is meant for long ranged fighting, and with the AC you've got to be *very* close to the enemy. And when you're that close, you're bound to get charged (especially since he's S6 without that CCW!). TLLC/ML, or Assault Cannon/CCW.

Your DA list has four Fast Attack choices as well, unless LSTs squadron up (my SM codex isn't handy...). Three is the max in standard games.

On the DA Assault Squad, why the two plasma pistols? Can you take two additional power weapons instead? The squad's role is split as it is, which isn't very efficient.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast