1500 Balanced Ultramarines - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Balanced Ultramarines

I'm looking for some advice on my balanced Ultramarines for a local tournament in the near future.

HQ
    Captain - Power Weapon, Storm Bolter.
    Retinue - 2xVet Sgts, 1xPowerfist, 1xPower Weapon, 4xMarines, Melta Gun, 1xHonour Guard.
    Rhino - Extra Armour, Smoke.
    328pts

Elites
    Terminators - 5xTerminators, 2xAssault Cannons. 240pts

Dreadnought - Assault Cannon, Extra armour. 105pts

Troops
    Tac Squad - Vet Sgt with Power Fist, 7xMarines, 1xMelta Gun
    Rhino - Extra Armour, Smoke.
    218pts

Tac Squad - 5xMarines, 1xlas Cannon 90pts

Tac Squad - 5xMarines, l1xas Cannon 90pts

Scout Squad - 5xScouts, 4xSniper Rifles, 1xMisile Launcher. 95pts

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad - 1xVet Sgt w/t Power Fist, 4xAssault Marines 140pts

Heavy Support
    Devastator Squad - 7xMarines, 4xMissile Launchers. 185pts

Total 1491

I have tried to make this a balanced army. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

The weakest part of this list IMO is the Command Squad. The Captain is pretty bad in combat and shooting, he also has no invulnerable save. The squad is very pricey, and then to sum it all up you put it in a Coffin, sorry Rhino. With 2 av11 Vehicles expect both to die turn 1, stranding 270pts of Command Squad in the middle of nowhere to be shot or Assaulted.

It has 2 Veteran Sergeants?

The Large Tactical Squad would do much better with a Drop Pod than a Rhino as well.

I might consider removing the Command Squad entirely to add a Chaplain (a much better deal than a Captain) and some more Assault Marines to the understrength squad.

The Terminator and Dreadnought are fine, but check the points cost on the Dreadnought and additionaly consider Smoke Launchers.

The Lascannon Tacs are fine, but Sniper Scouts are pretty poor IMO, and Lascannon squads of SM do better for less points and more survivability.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Surprise, surprise! The weakness in this balanced list is the CC department!

i agree with Silver Wings. While Rhino rushing CAN be effective, it requires JUICIER and MORE THREATENING (e.g. Ven Dred, Vindicator, LRC with Assault Termies) targets to draw away the enemy AT fire so that your boys in those coffinon wheels can move forward safely. The balanced list lacks the ability to do this...

So i would agree with Silver Wings and suggest you take a Chap instead and max out the Assault Squad, and take the 10-man tac squad in a pod.

However doing so leaves your Dred as the ONLY vehicle you have - and all those Bright Lances and Missile Launchers and Gauss Cannons will be aimed at him. I would suggest dropping him altogether and maybe using all those spare points from the Command squad to add a small bike squad. If u MUST use him then stuff him in a Drop Pod (to support or act as anchor for podding tacs) and consider giving him a Heavy Flamer.

Hope i helpd. =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im somewhat new, but to me the dreadnaught should cost about 130 points and your 90 point tact squads can't exist. Being you need 10 models to have lascannon at 35 points. The rhino's armor should also cost you 15 points. The captain comes with an invulnerable save of 4+ check the wargear for Iron Halo. I don't think the drop pods are a good idea being they are so random lol. Command squads are kinda worthless IMO. I would keep the dread but use a close combat weapon w/bolter and the melta

+ Reply to Thread