[1500] vanilla SM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] vanilla SM

Have decided to come up with of a bit of a different list for myself. It's meant to take on allcomers. What ya think?

HQ:

Epistolary+bp+fg+iron halo+term hons+Viel of time+might of heroes+infiltrate=185

Command Sq: 9XSM+2 mg+company champ+vet serg+pf+infiltrate=229

ELITES:

Dread+lc+ex arm+smoke=133

TROOPS:

7 SM+pg=lc=130

7 SM+pg=lc=130

10 scouts (bolters)+ml+sniper=145

10 scouts (bolters)+ml+sniper=145

10 scouts (bp & ccw)+vet serg+pf=158

FAST ATTACK:

LST=80

LST=80

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Whirlwind=85

TOTAL=1500

The idea would be that the HQ unit and scouts infiltrate and either team up or just tie up a couple of units. The whirlwind would rain death form above while the other squads provide fire support. I know I've taken a lot of scouts, but put them in cover and they're handy! Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is mostly good, but u cant expect to run up to a Close Combat army and win, because you may have tooled up charachters, and 14 marines and 10 scouts, but they could easily get shot down and / or massacred in combat by something of the likes of Orks or Nids. This is only precautionary, because theres only a slight chance that might happen. Apart from that it is an incredibly well balanced army to be honest. Good luck.
    "The anatomy of your brain is more than your mind can handle. What?"

Current Armies

Vampire Counts - 3500 Points

Orcs And Goblins - 2000 Points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hmm a couple things that you might want to think about.

first I see your Librarian has both VoT, and MoH. I found that most of the time when I was playing this guy I almost always used VoT when my librarian had both. Lets face rerolling everything including attacks and wounds is better than geting d3 attacks.

one other thing u might want to consider, (though this is personal preference) I really dont like dreadnoughts with weapon + ccw, I prefer missile launchers and lascannon or Assualt cannon. The reasoning behind this is because rarely do my dreads ever make it too close combat. maybe I just to defensive with them, but I dont think ccw does them much.

There isnt much wrong with your troops. I'd prefer more marines but thats a personal preference as well. Ur troops should serve u well.

Overall a pretty solid list (imo). It seems pretty balanced and thats what marines are. I personally dont like close combat with vanilla marines because they are expensive and not as good as dedicated close combat marines, nids, chaos, or orks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i agree with infamousrice.

What's that Dreadnought doing? You have half your army infiltrating and trying to get into CC, the other half forming a solid firebase...and a Dreadnought which needs to foot slog to get into CC. Hmmm...seeing that Dreadnoughts are so slow, you really can't expect him to make CC (to many ways to pop a dred buddy) so his CCW will be completely wasted.

The Dread is a good vehicle and im not suggesting that you drop it, but he'd do better if you tweaked him a bit.

If you want him to shoot, give him the ML and possibly also Ven and Tank Hunters. That way he's got a Str10 TL lascannon against vehicles!

For CC, take off the TLLC, give him a H.Flamer (maybe - excellent against basic infantry, and only 10pts...worth considering) and DEFINITELY put him in a pod. He can add some nasty punch to your assaulting units by drop podding.

Don't mix roles for Dreadnoughts - that's just a waste of points. Go all the way either shooty or CC.

Hope i helped =D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i havent played in ages, but i think you could use to take more tactical marines in your army. command squads are nice but they are way too many points, and even with infiltrate, you are going to get shot to bits before you can get to combat. either you should put your commander in a regular squad and drop pod them or you should just put them in a rhino. i personally think that landspeeders are rather usless i would drop them, and upgrade your dreadnought, and add some more marines. and if you decide to keep the command squad i would suggest your swap out the melta guns for plasma guns, if you can get close enought to use them usfully, you might as well be in combat., plasma is much for usefull as both a troop killer and a light tank killer
    Proud owner of the following armies: Crimson Fists, Iron Hands, Skaven, and Traitor Legion

+ Reply to Thread