1000pt blood angels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt blood angels

OKay i am trying to expand my blood angels so here is my new list

master of sancity
    termie honours
    jump pack
    deathcompany

Chaplain (lower level)
    termie honours
    jumpack
    deathcompany

Troops
    10 marines
    vet sarge
    flamer
    rhino
    236pt

5 scouts
    vet sarge

5 scouts
    vet sarge
    75pt

Heavy Support
    vindicator
    extra armour

so what do you think

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like it but i have to ask what what are the scouts armed with? You may what to consider grouping the scouts into one squad, i know you'll lose one roll for death co. but they'd be more effective as one squad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As far as I know you can only choose one type of chaplain for a DC army. Theres only one point cost listed in the codex.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HammerofWiches View Post
    As far as I know you can only choose one type of chaplain for a DC army. Theres only one point cost listed in the codex.
    Check the Blood Angels FAQ. In 4th Ed the BA have two chaplains to choose from.

Regarding the army....

Where's the anti-tank? I know BA is CC-oriented, but having NO AT weapons doesn't sound wise. What are you gonna do with that Russ? Assault it with DC? They should be butchering infantry in CC, not wasting 70% of their Str5 attacks on AV14.

2 HQ's are going a bit too far IMO for 1k games. I'd rather have a 10-man Assault squad if you're really dead set for CC punch, otherwise i'd use the pts from 1 of the DC chaps to get a couple of lasca-armed tac squads for a bit of AT punch.

Scouts need some beefing up or they WILL get murdered. 5 scouts aren't gonna worry lots of ppl - they can't kill stuff themselves and they don't have the numbers to tie things up for the jump troops to hit. at least 8-man plz if they are CC scouts.

Vindicator is ok, tho personally i prefer Baals. It's all up to personal preference however, so if the Vindi works then by all means take it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hero View Post
    OKay i am trying to expand my blood angels so here is my new list

master of sancity
    termie honours
    jump pack
    deathcompany

Chaplain (lower level)
    termie honours
    jumpack
    deathcompany
    Limit yourself to one chaplain, the cheap one. And give him a boltpistol!
    Troops
    10 marines
    vet sarge
    flamer
    rhino
    236pt
    No flamer, you will probably not get that much use from it. There is a flamer tactica here on LO, it's good. I would take a plasma rifle instead of the flamer myself.
    5 scouts
    vet sarge

5 scouts
    vet sarge
    75pt
    Are these only to increase the DC? I would use some of the points from the scrapped chaplain and boost their numbers. Perhaps give them BP&CCW?
    Heavy Support
    vindicator
    extra armour
    If I use a vindicator (which I almost never do) I would go for power of the machine spirit. To negate crew shaken and stunned. Works ok in conjunction with extra armour.
    so what do you think
    You are putting WAY to much in to the DC. If your opponent manages to take it out early (basilisks or Leman Russ comes to mind) you are - to quote a favorite movie of mine- truly f****ed....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

master of sancity
    termie honours
    jump pack
    deathcompany

Chaplain (lower level)
    termie honours
    jumpack
    deathcompany

I have major issues with everybody giving terminator honors to the lower chappy. Sorry, but it really annoys me. For the same points you could upgrade to the Master of sancity, getting so much more for the same points. You should drop one of the chaplains, two is too many for 1000 points.

[QUOTE]Troops
    10 marines
    vet sarge
    flamer
    rhino
    236pt/[QUOTE]

Drop the squad down to an 8 man, ditch the rhino unless you really like it, the points are better spent somewhere else in my opinion. Ditch the flamer, take a plasma or a melta. You could give them a cheap heavy weapon, I.E. a HB or a missile launcher, making them a support squad. Keep the vet, its awesome to trade those few points for a killer DC marine.

5 scouts
    vet sarge

5 scouts
    vet sarge
    75pt
    Cosolidate these squads into one, five man squads are easily killed. Since you will only have one vet spent the points on a PF. Think a infiltrating PF!!!! so much fun especially with furious charge.

Heavy Support
    vindicator
    extra armour
    Drop this in favor of a Baal predator, I think it is a awesome tank, but at 1000 points, I think it will draw alot of fire, and probly won't get a shot off.

Making these correctinoins should give you lots of points to play with , Have fun.............
    -Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It-
    -It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    master of sancity
    I have major issues with everybody giving terminator honors to the lower chappy. Sorry, but it really annoys me. For the same points you could upgrade to the Master of sancity, getting so much more for the same points. You should drop one of the chaplains, two is too many for 1000 points.
    Why? i don't understand. Personally i'd prefer an extra attack over an extra wound in smaller games such as 1000pts. Especially since that attack is Str5 I6 re-roll to hit power attack!

The third wound isn't really useful coz against monstrous creatures or squads with loads of P.Fists, he's gonna die anyway, while against standard rank and file his DC is gonna butcher their way through whatsoever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why? i don't understand. Personally i'd prefer an extra attack over an extra wound in smaller games such as 1000pts. Especially since that attack is Str5 I6 re-roll to hit power attack!

The third wound isn't really useful coz against monstrous creatures or squads with loads of P.Fists, he's gonna die anyway, while against standard rank and file his DC is gonna butcher their way through whatsoever.
    Oh jeez.... I am so sorry, I mis read the codex. I thought the differnce between the chaplains involved no of wounds, attacks, and leadership. The only reason I found this out was I played a game useing a reclus and my opponent wondered why I wasn't rolling all my attacks. Sorry...
    -Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit Of All Who Threaten It-
    -It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread