500pts Tournament (getting started) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pts Tournament (getting started)

I want an army that I like, and these are my favourite models (except I couldn't find a way to get any Cadian Snipers in). And since I don't really like tanks, I was thinking an army along these lines:

Infantry Platoon: (285pts)
    1x Command Squad
    4x Guardsmen
    1x Junior Officer
    3x Infantry Squad
    9x Infantry (Missle/Lascannon)
    1x Sergeant

Storm Troopers: (90pts)
    6x Storm Troopers
    1x Sergeant

Command Platoon: (125pts)
    1x Command Squad
    4x Gaurdsmen (1xLaspistol/3xPlasmagun)
    1x Junior Officer
    1x Special Weapons Squad
    6x Units (3x Sniper Rifles)

Total Points: 500pts

I really need some advice, because I dont know what I'm talking about! Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by aesoprock; November 22nd, 2006 at 11:38.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mr Commisar to you Commisarlestat's Avatar
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    332 (x8)

right first off your command, plasma guns fun but you only really need two in such a low points game, the snipers dont work unless you use light infantry, there isnt anything big enough to require their special rules so id drop both those squads.

Your troops choice you only have one you need 2 otherwise the army isnt legal (even in 500 points unless you are playing comabt patrol which is 400)

lascannons are overkill people wont be able to afford big tanks, the heaviest heavy weapon id go for would be an autocannon double your shots and still hurt most tanks, the platoon command has nothing so is useless give them a special weapon or two or even heavy bolter.

The stormies again have no weapons, they need some plasma is the best choice here.

so basically drop the snipers use those points on heavy weapons and special weapons and get a second troops choice (easiest way is to take grenadiers then you can use the stormies as a troops choice)

hope that helps

A

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

right first off your command, plasma guns fun but you only really need two in such a low points game, the snipers dont work unless you use light infantry, there isnt anything big enough to require their special rules so id drop both those squads.
    IMO Snipers don't work full stop unless you use Ratlings, and even then they aren't nothing special. (ignoring the double negative).

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

+ Reply to Thread