Sisters of Battle, 2000 points, Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sisters of Battle, 2000 points, Friendly

Hi everyone. This is my First Army list here and I’m wondering if anyone has any suggestions I will be mostly fighting Tau and Chaos Space Marines. I am up for any suggestions as long as it doesn’t involve any Inquisitors (if you think I really need Inquisitors and that I’m a moron for not wanting it please tell me).

HQ-201pts
    St.
    Celestine

ELITES-242pts
    Celestians - (10) 189

Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Bionics
    1x Auspex
    1x Krak grenade
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Bolters
    1x Storm Bolters
    Rhino (Smoke Launchers) 53

TROOPS-394pts
    Battle Squad (10) 142pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Storm Bolters
    7x Bolters
    2x Storm Bolters

Battle Sisters Squad (10) 146pts
    Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire
    7x Bolters
    2x Flamers

FAST ATTACK-594pts
    Seraphim Squad (10) 269pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Evisirator
    7x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Hand Flamers
    269pts

Seraphim Squad (10) 325pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Evisirator
    7x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Inferno Flamers

{melta bombs}

HEAVY SUPPORT-569pts
    Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour
    140pts

Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour

Retributor Squad (4) 204
    Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Bionics
    4x Multi Melta
    Immolator (Multi Melta) 85

Basically I want to storm them with everything I have, then unloading everything and obliterating them form the inside. While my Exorcists kill things from the outside. This Army is 2000 Points Perfectly

Last edited by Athan_Menel; November 24th, 2006 at 11:31.
    Solder - Sir!! We’ve got trouble it appears that the Tau have enother 15 Rail Guns now...
    Captain - I new it was going to be a crappy day today...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

From the top

HQ
    St. Celestine is a souped-up jumpy canoness. She is fine in a high point army like this one.

Elites
    The celestians have the wrong weapons for your stated tactic of storming the enemy. Heavy Bolters are static fire support, while stormbolters are ranged fire-and-manoeuvre weapons. Instead give them Heavy Flamer, flamers and meltaguns. These are immensely powerful assault weapons, ideal for blasting the enemy at point-blank range after jumping out of a speeding Rhino.

An Eviscerator on a celestian VSS is fine, as she can swing it with some accuracy. Bear in mind that it is a good AT weapon due to its special rules, but is not nearly as good as a power fist on a marine vet sarge for general cc.

Troops
    Don't take stormbolters for these squads. They should be attacking the enemy at close range, 3 sb's is pointless at under 12" and is not enough firepower for over 12". Also always take the heavy flamers ahead of flamers, their killing ability is much greater (no save for Firewarriors!).

Fast Attack
    That's a lot of seraphim. The first squad is fine. On the second squad I'd say that they don't really need the melta-bombs, drop them and it will save you a bundle of points. Also in regard to the Inferno pistols I find that they work better on small squads. Large squads like you have are better off concentrating on Divine Guidanced flaming, at which they are very good. The Eviscerators largely give the seras an AT capability.

Heavy Support
    The Exorcist is fine.

Don't take Retributors with MM's. The short range of these weapons makes them much inferior to lascannons. Meltaguns in celestian, battle and dominion squads are much cheaper and better. Instead give them Heavy Bolters. Also generally for every sister with a heavy weapon you need another sister without one to give the squad a cushion against casualties. Don't bother with an Evisc on the VSS, or bionics, she is unlikely to do anything much so won't need them.

The Immo should not be given a MM. It makes this rather fragile vehicle too expensive. Unlike Landspeeders they cannot zip across the board and fire it, they are limited to a painfully slow 6", which makes them little better than a sister on foot with a meltagun. Stick with Heavy Flamers, and rush it at an enemy in cover (Firewarriors in terrain are ideal targets).

Finally don't forget to hand round a few Books of St. Lucius to stiffen the sisters morale when things get difficult. These items are the sisters equivalent of ATSKNF, Fearlessness, the Hive Mind, Iron Discipline, Embolden, the Waa! and all the other rules other 40K armies have that keep morale from being much of a concern in 40K.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks alot for the advice, im going to go work on my army right now then ill re post it.
    Solder - Sir!! We’ve got trouble it appears that the Tau have enother 15 Rail Guns now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok everyone this is my New army what do you think about it now.

HQ-165pts
    Cannoness – Fiona Linette “Bringer of Faith? 170 Points

1x Blessed Weapon
    1x Inferno Pistol
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    1x Bionics
    1x Cloak of St. Aspira

1x Jump Pack
    1x Rosarius

ELITES-241pts
    Celestians - (10) 188

Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamer
    Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

TROOPS-630pts
    Battle Sisters Squad (10) 157pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Brazier of Holy Fire
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters

1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers

Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire

1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters

1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers

Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire

1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters

1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers

Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

FAST ATTACK-454pts
    Seraphim Squad (10) 274pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Hand Flamers

Seraphim Squad (5) 180pts
    Veteran Superior

1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    2x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Inferno Flamers

HEAVY SUPPORT-505pts
    Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour

Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour

Retributor Squad (6) 145
    Veteran Superior
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    4x Heavy Bolters
    2x Bolters
    Immolator (Heavy Flamers) 80
    Holy Promethium
    Extra Armour

Total = 2000
    Faith = 8

Im really liking it at the moment.:yes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry i know this is the wrong place for thise but how can i delete my posts if i wish to??
    Last edited by Athan_Menel; November 25th, 2006 at 03:02.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Just a few tweaks I'd recommend.

The canoness doesn't need that rosarius, she can simply use Spirit of the Martyr to get a super invulnerable save whenever she needs it. Also she needs frag grenades as she has the blessed weapon. If you like you could always replace the rosarius with the Mantle of Ophelia, as that would save the canoness if she ever rolls a one when being hit by a powerfist or stomped by a Hive Tyrant.

This list is now a highly mobile mech one. It has a high number of mobile flame weapons making it deadly against infantry (for sisters infantry is anything which doesn't have an armour value, thanks to Divine Guidance). Deploy this army in as much cover as possible at the start of the game as the large amount spent on transports and jump-packs means that it has limited number ('only' 62 sisters plus 7 vehicles). Move up quickly but not recklessly, making good use of LOS and cover will reduce casualties more than trying to arrive a turn early. The short-range firepower of this army is immense and enough to cripple an enemy army in one turn of Divine Guidanced shooting. A protracted battle against the remnants of the army will then likely ensue, your canoness and seraphim will be particularly valuable here.

The tactics for this army do not change much regardless of the army it is facing. Rush forward against static and mobile shooty armies. Against cc armies also rush forward, but delay a turn or two to get some ranged firing in. Rushing cc troops down is a good way to prevent them from charging you from outside your shooting range (most cc troops can move 18" or more in a turn, or have some way to deploy very close to you).

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

I like the list and it is a solid list too.

One minor personal bit of change you could make:

On your battle sister squads, instead of having all VSS have Braziers, you may want to give one a combi-flamer or a combi-plasma. Just so you still have plenty of shooting left over when you use up your one-shot flame attack
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like a pretty solid list overall. A few comments on things I would change.

HQ-165pts
    Cannoness – Fiona Linette “Bringer of Faith? 170 Points
    1x Blessed Weapon
    1x Inferno Pistol
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    1x Bionics
    1x Cloak of St. Aspira
    1x Jump Pack
    1x Rosarius
    I would drop the rosarius and bionics. Both are superfulous. She is an IC so you can almost guarentee getting an AOF off with leadership 10 (as long as she doesnt join a unit). It will free up some points.

ELITES-241pts
    Celestians - (10) 188
    Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamer
    Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers
    Solid unit. I highly recommend always bringing both smoke and extra armor on your transports. That way a 3 and under on a smoke glance wont immobilize you. Get the points from dropping bionics and rosarius. I generally run two of this unit but with a HF/melta combination so I can use them for dreadnaught or tank popping if I absolutely have to.

TROOPS-630pts
    Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers

Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

Again solid unit. Extra armor is highly recommended.

Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers
    Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers

Veteran Superior
    1x Brazier of Holy Fire
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Bolters
    1x Heavy Flamer
    1x Flamers
    Rhino 53
    Smoke Launchers
    Again solid unit. Extra armor is highly recommended

FAST ATTACK-454pts
    Seraphim Squad (10) 274pts
    Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    7x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Hand Flamers

Seraphim Squad (5) 180pts
    Veteran Superior
    1x Evisirator
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    2x Twin Bolt Pistols
    2x Twin Inferno Flamers
    This is also a solid unit setup. I personally use a HF/IP in every sera unit and add a brazier/powerweapon combo for the VSS so she gets a one time flamer and always an extra PW attack. I do this mainly for utility. Nothing worse than having the flamer squad in position to pop a dread or tank and having only the hand flamers. If he moved the tank, you are hitting on either a 4 or a 6. Skimmers are always a 6 in CC.

Eviscerators are great but you can always use DG so all your hits are PW attacks with this unit. You have 8 girls and get to roll three dice so have a decent chance.

***keep in mind, this is just my preference. Your setup is perfectly fine as is. Its a very common setup you use and very successful***

HEAVY SUPPORT-505pts
    Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour

Exorcist 140pts
    Extra Armour

Retributor Squad (6) 145
    Veteran Superior
    1x Book of St. Lucius
    4x Heavy Bolters
    2x Bolters

Immolator (Heavy Flamers) 80
    Holy Promethium
    Extra Armour
    The promethium isn't really necessary. Chances are the unit will have to take a leadership check anyway.

I think your list is great. Outside of dropping the bionics and rosarius and adding armor to your transports, the rest is just a matter of oppinion and preference. I think your list is much stronger than your first one. Please let us know how you do with it. Always great to see another Sister player

Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

Extra armor is cheap and comes in handy (more than you would ever think it would). Definetly try to find the points to do it. Also avoid the bionics and such, your points are better spent on things with direct killing applications.

Although an Auspex on your Retriutor squads VSS could really put a crimp in the plans of any infiltraiting or DS army. That might be something worth considering as it is your one unit that will probably sit in your deployment zone and shoot the entire game.

A very solid list otherwise, good job.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you everyone for all the wonderful advice and its really helping me get the army just the way i would like it. Today infact i took on my friend in a match (we played untill one person had nothing left, not sure if its a real match type but i dont know that many yet so we just called it last man standing), obviously where both newbys and threw we got most of all the rules right we did get a few things wrong and fogot details, It was a awsome match for the first few hours my tanks were getting pumbeled by those annoying railguns but when my seraphim and my remaining tanks made it to about half way, (and walked the rest) My Exorcists rocked!! but sadly one was destroyed on the tau players first turn..Lucky Bastard. my heavy bolter retributers oblidrated the fire warriors and the inferno Seraphims took down to tanks by themselves. I won the match with 900 points of my army left over and had tons of fun to.

As for my army i will tweak it some more then repost it :yes:

Till then.

P.S Fiona(my cannoness) by herself took down 15 or so fire warriors before he got in a lucky couple shots.

+ Reply to Thread