1500 Imperial Fists shooty / friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Imperial Fists shooty / friendly

Imperial Fists Chapter Traits...

HQ:
    -- Master: bolt pistol, power weapon, bionics, Iron Halo
    --- Command Squad: Sergeant, 2 Marines with Bolters, 1 with lascannon, 1 with meltagun
    [241]

Troops:
    -- Tactical Squad: Sergeant, 2 marines with bolters, 1 with lascannon, 1 with meltagun
    --- Razorback Transport (although they won't really ride around in it much), Lascannon, EA, and SL
    [198]

-- Same
    [198]

Heavy:
    -- Predator Annihlator: TL lascannon, heavy bolters, EA, and SL
    [138]

-- Predator Destructor: Autocannon, heavy bolters, EA, and SL
    [118]

-- Devastator Squad: Sergeant, 2 with missile launcher, 2 with heavy bolters, all have tank hunters.
    [160]

Elites:
    -- Venerable Dreadnought: TL lascannon, Missile Luancher, EA, and SL
    [163]

-- Techmarine: servo harness, 3 servitors, 1 gun servitor with heavy bolter
    [263]

Total: 1479, what should I spend 21 more points on?

Any help would be apreciated!
    Cheers

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm still a bit of a noob but if I were u I wouldn't take lascannons in the same squad as melta guns, especially if you won't deepstrike or droppod because by the time the vehicle is in range of the meltagun, the lascannon will likely have finished it off. I would instead have a plasma gun or flamer for variety and anti-troop ability. also i'd probably give the techie 4 technical servitors so he can better repair all those tanks and leave the hv. boltering to the preds and devastators. also those extra points could be used by giving your command squad another heavy weapon instead of the meltagun, a missle launcher or maybe a plasma cannon.

hope this helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alrighty, but that leaves me with 14 points >< ... Not updating the army list yet, just so I can see everyone else's opinion. But ya, with your suggstion (thanks!) I still have 14 points left.

Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    99 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fantasypisces View Post
    HQ:
    -- Master: bolt pistol, power weapon, bionics, Iron Halo
    --- Command Squad: Sergeant, 2 Marines with Bolters, 1 with lascannon, 1 with meltagun
    [241]
    This squad is lead by an expensive Combat Character, but only has a handful of Marines armed with both a long range weapon and a close range weapon, one will be wasted in any scenario. At range it's 241pts for a single Lascannon shot, not brilliant and in combat it's still pretty bad.

Troops:
    -- Tactical Squad: Sergeant, 2 marines with bolters, 1 with lascannon, 1 with meltagun
    --- Razorback Transport (although they won't really ride around in it much), Lascannon, EA, and SL
    [198]

-- Same
    [198]
    I would lose the Melta, you're not going to get many opportunities to fire it and moving it makes the Lascannon useless. These units do produce 2 Lascannon and 2 TL Lascannon which isn't bad though.

Heavy:
    -- Predator Annihlator: TL lascannon, heavy bolters, EA, and SL
    [138]

-- Predator Destructor: Autocannon, heavy bolters, EA, and SL
    [118]
    There are several schools of thought on Predator outfitting, with the levels of anti-tank already in your army i'd be tempted to go both Destructor. 2 Av13 and 2 Av11 is a fair amount of armour, so you might even last a while.

-- Devastator Squad: Sergeant, 2 with missile launcher, 2 with heavy bolters, all have tank hunters.
    [160]
    Mixed and small is not good. Tank Hunter Heavy Bolters arent really worth it wheras 4 TH ML work out as Lascannon for less points. Just 2 ML wont neccesarily scratch a tank, wasting a turns firepower and there are better ways of gettng H.Bolters.

Make the squad 8, with 4 ML.

Elites:
    -- Venerable Dreadnought: TL lascannon, Missile Launcher, EA, and SL
    [163]
    Tank Hunters works VERY well for this guy.

-- Techmarine: servo harness, 3 servitors, 1 gun servitor with heavy bolter
    [263]
    This bloke can repair Tanks-cool. Except half the time the tank just goes BOOM. You have to be in base contact with the right tank at the right time or spend turns moving. You fail some of the time. You cost more than 2 Predators! You come with a peice of wargear that helps in combat, but are unlikely to see it and Servitors look like easy kills next to Power Armour.

2 Pred's would be far more firepower than this guy can save/repair. He's a deadweight.

The changes in removing Meltas/making both Predators Destructors can pay for the upgrade of the Devastator Squad to 8 man with 4 ML.

Drop the Techmarine and get 3 Land Speeder Tornadoes, for added vehicles and shooty power.

Add Tank Hunter to the Dreadnugget.

Use any remaining points (20-40ish) to beef the command Squad. I would take a Captain with Storm-Bolter, Power Sword and Terminator Honours, plus a combat shield. Cheaper and more effective. You could use a 'Shooty-Command' Put a couple of Heavy Weapons in there, an Apothecary and a marginaly-shooty hero and you can blast until they assault you and then hit them with a SM Captain.
    Last edited by Silver Wings; November 25th, 2006 at 12:55.
    Every time you read this sig: a fairie dies!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

I second Silver Wings' advice, though I'd prefer not to take as many Tornadoes and instead get a 5 man Scout squad with sniper rifles. The chance to pin foes would be very useful in this shooty army.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread