1500 Imp Fist Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Imp Fist Tournament

Hello again!

Many of you might remember myself and this list from a while back, I thank you all for the help as it has so far payed off. I have played three games with it: Won vs Dark Eldar, Won vs 'Nilla SM, Loss vs Tyranids. The loss to tyranids was a combination of 2/3rds of my shooting missing, and my opponents genestealers (which my shots missed) rolling a lot of rending. :ninja:

However, in the Dark Eldar and Tyranid games I did not start my tactical Squads in the rhinos, I just ran them around as seperate units so I could shoot more. However, against the space marine army I played the rhinos came in handy (as my opponent was trying for more of a shooty config). Would this maybe be a sign that I do not need the rhinos and instead should invest in other things?

Anyway, here is the list! Since this is a tournament, I'm hoping you all will be as brutal as possible, there is a lot of kids at the store, so the main thing I am worried about is Ultramarine Terminators (yes, they all play them:x). Should I go for plasma?

HQ:
    -- Reclusiarch: Bolt Pistol, Crozius Arcanum, Bionics, Frag Grenades, Jump Pack, Rosarius, Terminator Honors.
    [127]

Elites:
    -- Venerable Dreadnought: CC weapon, heavy flamer, assault cannon, extra armor, drop pod
    [170]

Troops:
    -- Tactical: 1 sergeant w/ power fist, terminator honors, bolt pistol. 9 marines, 1 w/ meltagun. Rhino, EA, SL
    [248]

-- Tactical: same
    [248]

Fast:
    -- Assault Squad: 1 Sergeant w/ power fist, bolt pistol, terminator honors. 9 marines, 1 with plasma pistol/cc weapon, 1 w/ flamer. All have meltabombs.
    [281]

-- Land Speeder Tornado
    [80]
    -- Land Speeder Tornado
    [80]

Heavy:
    -- Predator Annihilator: TL lascannon, heavy bolter sponsoons, EA, SL.
    [138]

-- Predator Destructor: Autocannon, Heavy Bolter Sponsoons, EA, SL.
    [118]

Total: 1490 -- still have 10 points left over.

Please be brutal on the list. From what I have seen the number of the armies (excluding mine) are: 3 Space Marine, 2 Tyranid, 2 Chaos Space Marine, 2 Tau, 2 Eldar, 1 Necron, 1 Imperial Guard, 1 Dark Eldar.

All missions, may or may not be used, so I need to be prepared for anything.

Thanks everyone!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

That is actually a really solid list. So your worried about the terminators? How are they played? Assault or shooty? Do they start on the table or Deep Strike? also, in general, how much armor and MC's are you facing?

You should not be seeing a lot of armor at 1500 points, so you should definetly switch the melta guns to plasmaguns. that will give you twice as many shots to kill terminators. But you have quite a bit of anti-terminator weapons. Remember, terminator squads (especially at 1500 points) will usually only be 5 strong. Your assault cannons will rip through them. If they are typcially coming in through DS, then you can dump your Rhino's and go with a 5 man tac squad with a plasma cannon.

You don't want to trade a lot of your small shots for big shots though, as this will really hurt you against the nids and DE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the terminators, it varies sometimes. Occasionaly they are fielded straight out of the codex, no upgrades, and occasionaly they are fielded with 2 assault cannons. They usually always deepstrike.

There is always at least one land speeder tornado in the oponents army. One person likes to deepstrike three tactical (including his master). Other then that, I'm not sure. The one space marine player I went against decided against his terminators, and went for the three drop pods for his tacticals and a land raider (although it didn't carry anything)
    I will replace the meltaguns with plasmaguns, hopefully they won't overheat on me :w00t:.

Thanks!
    Last edited by fantasypisces; November 27th, 2006 at 22:24.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

don't worry about overheats. Sure, it happens, but it's rare. Remember you still get your 3+ save. I almost always rapid-fire my plasma guns and rarely lose a model to overheat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Sin is right that you will not see a lot of armor in a 1500 pt game. Still though I would honor your Imperial fist and put in a simple 6 man tact squad with a lasscannon, then make it a tank hunter. This squad will definantly make its points back.

I think the best way to beat terminators is to get them in close combat. You already have the terminator killer which is the chaplain with termi honors. This guy will kill a couple himself (figure 6 attacks, 5 hit, 2 or 3 wound and 2 fail the 5 up save). Try to get the Srgt in base to base to take out the power sword. The shooting from 11 guys might kill one guy. Then your marines hit with 27 attacks 24 hit, 12 wound 2 should die. Odds are he has one guy left to go up against your power fist Srgt who will own him due to the re-roll hits and str 8. Your big problem squad is off the board and you loose probably one or two assault marines, no big deal. Watch out that he does not deep strike them right next to your assault squad and chew them up with AC fire before you can attack. MAKE SURE you attack him not the other way around. If you are feeling unlike and can spare some LST shots or a Pred Annihilator than more the better.
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also if you are in a tournament that is looking at your comp score you will probably loose points here. You have 3 FA choices and only 2 troop choices. If you get a guy who likes fluff as an opponent you might loose points because you do not have any terminators (a Fist staple) and none of your guys are tank hunters (fits the fluff). If you make some remarks about loosing your belchers gland and therefore not being able to spit acid this might help your cause.

Kick some butt for the honor of Rogal Dorn
    If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night. If you set a man on fire he will be warm the rest of his life.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yea

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Spanko View Post
    Still though I would honor your Imperial fist and put in a simple 6 man tact squad with a lasscannon, then make it a tank hunter.
    I play Fists as well, and I have had alot of success with a 5 man with Las/Plas and tank hunters. I found that often things are still in range of 24" and an S8 on that Plasma shot is no joke. Never hurts to have extra chance in case your Las misses. Also, if you have to gun down an approaching Termie or MEQ 5 man its nice. My 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Spanko View Post
    Also if you are in a tournament that is looking at your comp score you will probably loose points here. You have 3 FA choices and only 2 troop choices. If you get a guy who likes fluff as an opponent you might loose points because you do not have any terminators (a Fist staple) and none of your guys are tank hunters (fits the fluff). If you make some remarks about loosing your belchers gland and therefore not being able to spit acid this might help your cause.

Kick some butt for the honor of Rogal Dorn
    Nah, I don't think comp score will be used. It is just a fun little local tournament. But generally I am one of those guys that loves fluff, I love my Imperial Fists :wub:. There is someone that comes in occasionally and he plays Iron Warriors, I keep demanding a challenge in retribution for what they did to us! And whenever I play an Ultramarines player I always mutter "we didn't need help" :shifty: . The people who are interested in fluff always get a kick out of it, the people who don't pay attention to the fluff always think I am crazy :w00t:.

I really want to fit 'tank hunters' in there somewhere, so I will try to figure something out. For the most part, however, it is just a fun little tournament that only requires the 'majority' of a players models to be painted. So nothing tooooo serious.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I drop a tornado and add a five man tactical squad with lascannon, plasmagun, and tankhunters, I am 25 points over =/ Nothing else I really want to take out of the list so not sure if it will happen :cry:

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh those turn out to be the best tournaments. I used to play at a store that did one a month which kept you on your toes and always modding your 1850 list

I also think it is cool that people get into your fluff. Imperial Fist is a great army for that since they are not one of the most popular chapters but still everyone has seen them in the codex and online.

+ Reply to Thread