2000 DH with lots of IG - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 DH with lots of IG

I've tried fancy lists with IST's, inducted guard, and DH. I've come around to this idea, which is lots of shooty guard supporting my DH. What do you think of this as a competitive list?

2000 DH

HQ
    1 =I= Lord [PC + Psychic Hood + ET] (110) + Retinue [1 PC Servitor, 2 HB Servitors, 2 Sages, 1 Mystic] (121)
    Total 231

Elite
    Eversor (95)
    Total 95

Troops
    1 IG inducted platoon (245)
    Platoon HQ [ML] (55)
    Squad 1 [PG, LC] (95)
    Squad 2 [PG, LC] (95)
    1 IG inducted platoon (235)
    Platoon HQ [ML] (55)
    Squad 1 [PG, ML] (85)
    Squad 2 [PG, LC] (95)
    1 PAGK 10 man, 2 PC (325)
    1 PAGK 10 man, 2 PC (325)
    Total 1130

Fast
    1 FAGK [Justicar, 9 Troopers] 275
    2 Sentinels [LC] (110)
    Total 385

Heavy
    1 LR with 3 HB (155)
    Total 155

88 infantry + 3 vehicles.

Total 1996

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, it's a heck of a lot of GK to pack in with a heck of a lot of IG, that's for sure.

I think the list has promise, but it lacks reliable anti-tank. The sentinels will die in a hurry, the three lascannons in the infantry squads will miss often. You have plenty of anti-infantry already. Perhaps consider dropping the Plasma Guns from the IG squads in favor of a colexus assasin (can work wonders against vehicles, esp. w/ your Tarot). As shooty as the list is, I think it's also fairly static. You'll have trouble moving around with all those guard standing in the way, esp. if they get locked in assault. You also don't have very good counter-assault. GK are nice, but they don't really stand a chance against terminators, monstrous creatures, and other dedicated assault units. I'd like to see a hard-hitting assaulty character, or some terminators.

Other than that looks solid!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revised

Thanks for the comments. I re-worked the list rather significantly, giving myself more mobility and a different blend of IG troop choices that still unlock the LR heavy support option. Lots of trimming in the list to make points, and no assaulty termie HQ. =/

I've tried 6 man IST teams in chimeras and didn't like the surivability of the squad. 10 man squads on the other hand fare rather well.

I would prefer PG in the IG platoon HQ and the AF squad, LC rather than ML in the AF squad, S/EA on the IST transports, and a Plasma Cannon rather than HB in the retinue. I could do this pretty easily by dropping one GK from each of the FAGK squads. What do you think?

Missing the eversor in a big way, but I like this list.

2000 DH List

HQ
    1 =I= Lord [PC + Psychic Hood] (95) + Retinue [3 HB Servitors, 2 Sages, 2 Mystics] (107)
    Total 202

Troops
    1 IG Inducted Platoon (245)
    Platoon HQ [ML] (55)
    Squad 1 [PG/LC] (95)
    Squad 2 [PG/LC] (95)
    1 AF Squad [ML] (75) + Chimera [ML/HB] (85)
    1 =I= ST Squad [Sgt, 7 HG, 2 PG] (120) + =I= Chimera [ML/HB] (85)
    1 =I= ST Squad [Sgt, 7 HG, 2 PG] (120) + =I= Chimera [ML/HB] (85)
    Total 815

Fast
    1 FAGK Squad [Justicar, 9 Troopers] (275)
    Total 825

Heavy
    1 LR [3 HB] (155)
    Total 155

93 infantry + 4 vehicles

Total 1997

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Play version

I played 2000 against a skilled Necron opponent using this list:

Apologies for posting a list 3 points over. I've got some trimming to do, but in terms of overall content, I found this list to have a good synergy between firepower (almost too much, go figure), assault, and mobility.

I deep-striked the terminators and was pretty aggressive with the IST's in their rhinos. Skillful use of the terminators is important. The squad is big enough to impact the overall game, but with only 5 wounds can be wiped out pretty quickly is used carelessly. I took a risk and landed them within incinerator range of a scarab swarm on the extreme left flank of my opponent, in cover from the rest of his army. the threat of this unit impacted his movement and I wasable to move into charge range of his main force while moving the rest of the GK/IST units forward under the protection of my firebase after downing his monolith on turn 2.

Changes I would make to the list would be to add an incinerator to 1 FAGK squad and put teleport homers on one or both of the IST squads. That's 30 points, which I can't really pull from anywhere. Still it proved to be a solid list against this opponent, even though it's considered a 'take all comers' list.

With the exception of bringing points down to 2000 even, does anyone note any glaring holes that could be exploited by any army against this list?

2000 DH List

HQ
    1 =I= Lord [PC + ET + Psychic Hood] (110) + Retinue [1 PC Servitor, 2 HB Servitors, 2 Sages, 2 Mystics] (127)
    Total 237

Elite
    1 GKT Squad [BC SI, 3 GKT, 1 GKT Incinerator] (270)
    Total 270

Troops
    1 IG Inducted Platoon (255)
    Platoon HQ [PG/ML] (65)
    Squad 1 [PG/LC] (95)
    Squad 2 [PG/LC] (95)
    1 AF Squad [MG/LC] (95) + Chimera [ML/HB] (85)
    1 =I= ST Squad [Sgt, 7 HG, 2 PG] (120) + =I= Rhino [S/EA] (5
    1 =I= ST Squad [Sgt, 7 HG, 2 PG] (120) + =I= Rhino [S/EA] (5
    Total 791

Fast
    Total 550

Heavy
    1 LR [3 HB] (155)
    Total 155

88 infantry + 4 vehicles

Total 2003

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you can scrounge up two points from somewhere put an auspex on the inquistor to handel infiltrate as well

+ Reply to Thread