2000 Pure Grey Knights! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 Pure Grey Knights!

HQ
    Grandmaster 145
    Retinue 184
    TeminatorsX4

Troops
    Grey Knight Squad #1 285
    Knighs X9, Justicar, Teleporter Homer

Grey Knight Squad #2 285

Grey Knight Squad #3 275
    Knighs X9, Justicar

Fast Attack
    Grey Knight Squad #4 275
    Knighs X9, Justicar

Grey Knight Squad #5 275
    Knighs X9, Justicar

Grey Knight Squad #6 275
    Knighs X9, Justicar

2000 points... 65 Grey Knights. My anti-tank is getting behind Vehicles... I figure they will be worrying too much to the mob of GK's coming after them to pay attention. Just an idea... I thought that as the main weakness of Daemonhunters is Numbers... this many greyknights would make someone scream and run away.

If you can see Chuck Norris he can see you, and if you can't see Chuck Norris you could only be seconds away from death!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Insert Witty Comment Here Goblin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by BinaryAcidTrip View Post
    HQ
    Grandmaster 145
    Retinue 184
    TeminatorsX4

Troops
    Grey Knight Squad #1 285

Grey Knight Squad #2 285

2000 points... 65 Grey Knights. My anti-tank is getting behind Vehicles... I figure they will be worrying too much to the mob of GK's coming after them to pay attention. Just an idea... I thought that as the main weakness of Daemonhunters is Numbers... this many greyknights would make someone scream and run away.
    1st, if you are going for pure numbers, since the only noticable thing i can think of is ur terminators as the biggest threat, well guess what, all of ur oponents anti armor will be saved up for shooting at these guys at the beginning of the game, or when the land. i wouldnt expect much out of these guys really....

you dont need hte teleport homers. as by the time ur troops become available you prolly would not have gotten very fare. most likely.. grey knights are tooooo slow....

65 Grey Knights is scary.... but so is 65 space marines and a couple tanks and heavy weapons.... i wouldnt recomend playing this list. a good tank player will not get easily taken down on their back armour. trust me. and what will you do against raiders and monoliths?

i would not run away from this army, i would laugh at it and destroy it.

anyways, there is a similar army http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...ndly-pagk.html. I think this army is scary. it has 150 LESS points then this one, 60 guys and has actual potential at hitting a wide range of things, and tactically this person has put more thought into their army then just shooting like a maniac and charging rear armour... This person actually has good defenses against deepstriking. a way for their FAGK to Deepstrike in. they don't waste valuable points on terminators (termies are not a waste usually, but honestly, with ur idea, they would stand out way to much and not make up their points i would think). that and they have an assassin who can take out armour well enough and is strong enough to make up twice or sometimes three or more times his points cost.

I like the list that in the link i just posted for you. however i dont like ur list too much. i just dont see it working all too well. just my opinion. im not trying to be harsh, just trying to tell you my thoughts on the subject. either way though, if u do this list, i wish u the best of luck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a terribly unbalanced list for 2000 pts.

65 Grey Knights is a healthy number at this level, but still much less than marines can field (upwards of 80), so you're not as numerous as you think.

Shrouding won't be helping you, since all your guys have Stormbolters and will be within 24" as much as possible.

How does Deep Striking bring anything to this force? Deep Striking behind vehicles often isn't an option due to their proximity to enemy troops or to a table edge, and even if you pull it off you'll be shooting with stormbolters--two glances on rear armor 10 if you're *lucky*. You won't be able to assault the vehicle because in its turn it will either run away or pivot to put front armor against you. There are no tank hunters in the rest of your force so this would be no penalty to the player who owns the tank.

Why do you have teleport homers? You said yourself you're planning on Deep Striking behind enemy tanks and such--way beyond the range of your teleport homers. Keeping your fast attack squads in reserve only does one thing in my opinion--waste your two or more rounds of stormbolter fire.

This list simply won't accomplish much, and can be countered easily by a single dreadnaught, or jump infantry. Eldar would eat you alive.

Check out the thread this quote came from for more reasons why Deep Striking is not smart for GKs:
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel_Ellios View Post
    Personally I am vehemently against teleport homers in a puritan GK list.

Teleport Homers on infiltrators=good. Very very good.

Teleport Homers anywhere else= wasted points. This is why:

There is always the possibility of a turn 2 drop. Worst case scenario you have more than one squad arrive turn 2. If this happens, your teleport homers, if they are in a transport, are useless, and if you had the presence of mid to get OUT of the transport turn 1, then you have only gained about 4-6" for your deep strikers beyond where they would have been if they just started on the board. This is assuming that your transport went the full 12". Chimeras are the WORST transport for squads carrying a TH, because you have to get out the back, and you never want to expose your side armor to the enemy, so your disembarked squad is only 6" from where the vehicle started its move. Then you have your 6" DS zone half blocked by a vehicle hull.

On foot sloggers, Teleport Homers are exuseable, but only if you're moving that unit as fast as possible. Storm Troopers in the open tend to get shot up badly, and they get slowed down in terrain, so you're not gaining any movement from Deep Striking within teleport homer range.

The entire reason for DSing is so that you can respond to a tactical situation *anywhere* on the table. Teleport Homers effectively neuter the only reason for DSing, be restricting your drop zone if you are terrified of scatter.

Against enemies with fast movers like assault marines or whatever, you don't want to drop within 18". Because DSing always involves a scatter roll, this means that, to be *guaranteed* safe the turn you arrive, you need to position 30" from the nearest enemy unit before scatter. If you want to get risky and DS within 30", you risk getting hit by transported infantry or fast movers with an unfavorable scatter (i.e. towards the enemy). If you scatter away from the enemy, your guns are out of range so DSing got you nothing.

Furthermore (sorry this is long-winded) when concerning GK your psycannons are only 18" range on the turn they arrive. SO to be able to shoot your expensive special weapons at the enemy the turn you arrive you need to DS within about 12" of the enemy squad, putting you in assault range and you can STILL have a bad scatter that takes you frighteningly close or puts you out of range.

With normal terminators, fine, Deep Striking is a perfectly good option. With GK, it's almost always a waste.

Do yourself a favor. Don't waste points on vet searges with teleport homers. There is nothing wrong against Deep Striking, but I've used THs myself and I've NEVER, not even ONCE found myself wanting to use the TH insead of accepting the scatter for a much better position...
    Last edited by Colonel_Ellios; November 29th, 2006 at 13:27.

+ Reply to Thread