Welcome to Librarium Online!
Ive been thinking about what you all have suggested and i appreciate the help and the suggestions. From your suggestions ive decided to redo my drop army idea, but instead of all being mounted in valkyries ive diced that they will bw deepstriking. I want a light, but hard hitting gaurd army. this is wht i want to try:
- HQ squad w/ two addon special weapon squads each with plasma gund or melta guns
- two squads of stormtroopers
- three squads of guardsmen each having a plasma gun for special weapon
- junior officer squad w/ meltagun
- two heavy weapon teams of lascannon+autocannon
- 4 drop sentinels w/ lascannon, or multi melta or autocannon (help here with the bes choice would be appreciated)
I like this army list better because one it something that is different for one, easier on my wallet, and overall something i think would be fun to try.
***also, can i deepstrike my whole army or do i need at least one model on the field?**
Thank you for your help before and i would appreciate again, tell me wht u think or wht i should change. ty.
Junior officer retinue usually has weapons of 24" range and above, usually officers dont risk their lives to bust tanks when they have a lot of infantry voluntering for the job. I would consider plasma guns.
HW teams are fine, but I would consider either HBs or lascannons, those are the most popular weapons of the drop regiments.
As for sentinels, well I think lascannons are the best option since drop regiments dont usually have a whole lot of anti-armor weapons.
Special weapon squads are pretty much suiceide units, on which demo charges can proove to be very effctive if used right, so you should consider that...
I suppose storm troopers have plasma/melta guns right????