[1500] Spacemarines Tournament - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

[1500] Spacemarines Tournament

After playing in the a practice tournament and the UKGT Heat 3 I have come to realise that I need some more firepower in my army than I currently have so I have come up with this list. I did previously have trust your battle brothers and it served me well in most of my games but I realised that I needed far more anti 3+/2+ armour save firepower.
    Let me know what you think. JvK

Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Bionics, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Melta bombs, Rosarius, Terminator honours. 147

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral storm bolter, Extra armour. 133

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Veteran sergeant- Bolter, Powerfist, Terminator honours, Infiltrate.
    9 Spacemarines- Bolters, 2 Plasma guns, Infiltrate. 235

Tactical Squad Marneus

Assualt Squad Damiel

Veteran sergeant- Bolt pistol, Powerfist, Frag greandes, Jump pack, Terminator honours.
    9 Spacemarines- Bolt pistols, Close combat weapons, Frag grenades, Jump pack. 250

Landspeeder Squadron

2 Landspeeder Tornadoes- Assualt cannons, Heavy bolters. 160

Devestator Squad Ortega

Sergeant- Bolter.
    5 Spacemarines- Bolter, 4 Missile launchers. 170

Devestator Squad Dorlan

Sergeant- Bolter.

Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Jared van Kell View Post
    Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Bionics, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Melta bombs, Rosarius, Terminator honours. 147
    Good, but unless it's filler I would drop the Melta bombs. He should be assaulting guys, not tanks.

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral storm bolter, Extra armour. 133
    This guy needs a Drop Pod and a Heavy Flamer. With the minimal amount of Armor you have, this guy will never make any points before he is destroyed if you march him across the field.

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Tactical Squad Marneus

Nice. I like this. Very scary for most armies.

Assualt Squad Damiel

Veteran sergeant- Bolt pistol, Powerfist, Frag greandes, Jump pack, Terminator honours.
    9 Spacemarines- Bolt pistols, Close combat weapons, Frag grenades, Jump pack. 250
    No problem. I like to always have at lease 1 flamer, but I don't think you have the points.

Landspeeder Squadron

Split these guys into 2 squads for more survivability and more tactical options.

Devestator Squad Ortega

Sergeant- Bolter.

Devestator Squad Dorlan

Sergeant- Bolter.
    No problems. I would probably drop 2 guys from each squad. That would give you points for your Drop Pod and Heavy Flamer for the Dread, and a flamer or two on the Assault squad.

Not a bad list at all. The only major problem is the footslogging Dread in a list with no other tanks.

Good luck!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Rosarius, Terminator honours. 137

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral heavy flamer, Extra armour.
    Drop Pod- Storm bolter. 173

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Tactical Squad Marneus

Assualt Squad Damiel

Landspeeder Squadron

Devestator Squad Ortega

Sergeant- Bolter.
    4 Spacemarines- Bolter, 4 Missile launchers. 155

Devestator Squad Dorlan

Sergeant- Bolter.

This is with the suggested changes. However though I am loathe to drop the devestators to 6 strong I did not suffer many casualties in these squads so I guess this will be okay. The lanspeeders I will be keeping together as I prefer to have them firing at the same target anyway and I do not get any points deducted for having more Fast Attack than Troops which happened with my original list.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

However though I am loathe to drop the devestators to 6 strong I did not suffer many casualties in these squads so I guess this will be okay. The lanspeeders I will be keeping together as I prefer to have them firing at the same target anyway and I do not get any points deducted for having more Fast Attack than Troops which happened with my original list.
    The rule of thumb on a Dev squad is 1 bolter for every Heavy Weapon. That way you have good protection for the important weapons, without having wasted points on guys that will realistically never shoot.

As far as the Speeders, it's your list of course, but they can always fire at the same target, and if someone is marking you down on Comp because you split your speeders then they would have marked you down anyway. You don't need more troop choices then FA when you have your two troops maxed out, and a single speeder in two of your FA slots. If your troops were 5 or 6 man las/plas squads, then I'm sure you would get marked down, but your army looks really good, and anyone marking you down on Comp is just intentionally trying to hurt your soft scores and is NOT being very sportsman like. Your comp is very good.

In otherwords...split your speeders. With them both in 1 squad, they will both get shot down at the same time, to the same unit firing at them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lern to make a list noob! haha jk. This is a beautiful list. With those Two squads of marines with 2 Plasma Rifles each, you will make light work of 2+ saves:sleep:

The only thing is, you dread is gonna get chewed (as already stated) so, IMO, i would drop the land speeders and give the dread a drop pod/heavy falmer, and beef the Dev squads up a few guys each.

Nice list
    Good Luck
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Chaplain Ezra

Master of Sanctity- Bolt pistol, Crozius arcanum, Frag grenades, Jump pack, Rosarius, Terminator honours. 137

Revered Brother Nova

Venerable dreadnought- Assualt cannon, Dreadnought close combat weapon with integral heavy flamer, Extra armour.
    Drop Pod- Storm bolter. 173

Tactical Squad Raeleon

Tactical Squad Marneus

Assualt Squad Damiel

Landspeeder Alpha

Landspeeder Tornado- Assualt cannon, Heavy bolter. 80

Landspeeder Bravo

Landspeeder Tornado- Assualt cannon, Heavy bolter. 80

Devestator Squad Ortega

Sergeant- Bolter.

Devestator Squad Dorlan

Sergeant- Bolter.

As suggested the landspeeders have been split.

I will deploy in a cresent formation anyway so that I normally have one infiltrating tactical squad and one devestator squad firing at the same target with the assualt squad moving in to destroy whatever remains. I will try to deploy the devestator and tactical squads into cover if I am able to do so as this increases their survivability.
    The dreadnought will act as an ace in the hole, deploying into a position that will allow him to either seize or at least contest an objective whilst the landspeeders act in a support role adding their firepower where it is needed.
    Threat assesment and prioritising my firepower to match is going to be the key to winning with this army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

I'm sorry I didn't catch this sooner, but I think your points are way off on the Devestator squad.

You need to have 1 marine with a bolter for every marine with a Heavy Weapon. So if you have 4 Missle Lanunchers, then you need an 8 man squad.

The way you have the squad listed it looks like you have 4 marines with bolters, and 4 marines with Missle Launchers. The bolters are REPLACED by the missle launchers. But after calculating the points I see you have a total of 5 marines. 1 with a bolter and 4 with missle launchers. This is way too few. You need to make these squads 8 men. Otherwise your opponent can start taking out the heavy weapons too quickly.

So...we need to find you 90 points to bump up those 2 squads. My suggestion would be to drop 2 guys out of the assault squad, 1 guy from each of the tac squads, and drop the venerable from the dread.

Or...you can drop 2 guys from the assault squad, drop venerable from the dread, and go with 2 more guys in each dev squad. That will put them at 7 guys, where as 8 is optimal... But you will have to decide if you want more survivability in the tac squads or the dev squads.

The difference between those two is where 1 extra guy per squad goes. Into the Dev's or into the Tac's. If you fight more infantry heavy lists, go with the tacs. If you fight more Big Stuff lists (armor, MC's TMC's) go with the devs.

Sorry for the oversight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For that '8 man for dev squad' problem. I would just say move some of your men from your tac squad to your dev squad. About 2 guys from each tac squad and move them to the dev squad. That would leave you with 8 marines in your tac squads and in your dev squad.

And I wouldn't get rid of any of the assualt marines, your going to need everyone of them.

All religion, my friend is simply evolved out of fraud, greed, imagination and poetry.
    - Edgar Allen Poe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great list. my only main concern is going up against armor such as leman russ', land raiders, or monoliths. you realize that your plasma will be virtually useless against all of those and the missiles will glance on a 6 w/ exception of the leman russ bc it has lower sider armors. you may wanna consider doing 2 missile launchers/2 lascannons.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1466 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by bladeofdeath3 View Post
    great list. my only main concern is going up against armor such as leman russ', land raiders, or monoliths. you realize that your plasma will be virtually useless against all of those and the missiles will glance on a 6 w/ exception of the leman russ bc it has lower sider armors. you may wanna consider doing 2 missile launchers/2 lascannons.
    I know but I just don't have the points to do it, otherwise I would.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast