1500 DH w/Inducted Gaurd - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Shrubs for the Blood God Undead Bonzi's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    207 (x5)

1500 DH w/Inducted Gaurd

This is a little list that came to me while I was sitting in class yesterday (what a great student I am...) I've posted lists before but now that I'm starting to get more and more real game experience under my belt I though I wanted to make a list that would be both fun and effective (including some odd combinations that arn't quite the norm but that I've found to be really effective for some reason). Go ahead and rip me apart, as I'm comitting a few common errors that I've told others to correct in their own lists.

HQ

- Grand Master w/Scourging

(Yes thats right a GM in a 1500 point list and I've given him scourging. This is all for purely sentimental reasons. In more than half of the games I've played I have won the game and had only this poor bastard standing alone on the table at the end, a feat I'm not sure a BC could match. As to Scourging I just seem to be lucky with it in rolling a high average number of shots and this lone power led me to an impossible phaseout victory over a necron player...I should tell that story some day.)

ELITES

- Inquisitor w/Psycannon

- Inquisitor w/Psycannon

- Eversor

(The Inquisitors are my favorite way to field a few psycannons. Same points cost as mini purgation squad upgrades, no loss of true grit or S6 weapons and Independant Character status meaning these guys are usually some of the absolute last things to die in my army.)

TROOPS

- 9 IST w/2 Plasma
    -Chimera w/ Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter

- 9 IST w/2 Plasma
    -Chimera w/ Multi-Laser, Heavy Bolter

-Junior Officer Comand Squad w/Missle Launcher
    -Squad 1 w/ Lascanon, Plasma
    -Squad 2 w/ Lascanon, Plasma

(Pretty self-explanatory, anti-armor and anti-MEQ from the toops and some anti-horde from the transports. I love Chimeras, they are amazing in the role of light tanks and always seem to do as much killing as the squads they are attatched to.)

FAST ATTACK

-9 PAGK's w/ Incinerator
    -Justicar

(I know special weapons are a reduction in effectiveness but I play some city fights where flamers are needed to flush troops out of buildings...or cook them inside of it. How do you like your Imperial Gaurd, well done or extra crispy?)

HEAVY SUPPORT

GK Dread w/ Assault Cannon, EA, Smoke

GK Dread w/ Assault Cannon, EA, Smoke

(I like walkers...and seeing the enemy go splutch when a dread hits them with its CCW, though some games it seems impossible to get these guys to survive to close combat. They also make lovely fire draws as they advance infront of or behind my GK's. Also most opponents don't seem to realize that Chimeras can sometimes be even more deadly than these guys and they will often leave my other armor alone while they focus fire on these guys.)

Total Points: 1509 (I think, god knows my math is likely wrong)
    Total Models: 57
    Total Tanks: 4

I thank you for reading my army list and look forward to any suggestions or discussions you wish to start. I realize that there isn't any new or shocking idea to my army that will draw loads of comments and I also realize that I've been a snot and already replied and given my reasons on the things that I know people will call me out on. Inspite of all of this please feel free to say whatever you like about my list. My thanks in advance for any and all advice.

Last edited by Undead Bonzi; December 3rd, 2006 at 11:43.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-Junior Officer Comand Squad w/Missle Launcher
    -Squad 1 w/ Lascanon, Plasma
    -Squad 2 w/ Lascanon, Plasma
    This looks good, but you need a few more squads I think because IG go splat very easily and you need extra fire volume to make up for their less-than-desirable BS. Personally, I would take out the Eversor to make room. (I'd suggest reducing the GM to a BC, but you've already explained that one.) If you don't want to do that, then you should make 1 of the plasma squads into a meltagun squad with a Rhino.

Other than that, I see no real problems with the list.
    1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

Yes I agree on the gaurd, though I've already used just two squads to great effect. At current my IG platoon is based on the Vostryn squads I already have but in the future money permiting I will look to add another Lascanon squad by way of reducing my GM to just a plain jane BC.

Thanks for the advice.
    The only honorable options left to we combatants is seppuku or semantics...which amount to the same thing really.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Heh. The primary things I think are the most important things to change are the ones you seem most insistent on keeping (e.g., the GM, two lone inquisitors), so, well, good luck if you field this list. Let us know how it goes!
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

207 (x5)

Im curious what you don't like about the lone inquisitors. They're one of the cheapest and most effective ways to include pyscannons into an army. Are you thinking they should have a shooty retinue? I like firesquad inquisitors but they cost quite a few points and my list was just a little to tight to fit them.
    -Undead Bonzi

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Undead Bonzi View Post
    Im curious what you don't like about the lone inquisitors. They're one of the cheapest and most effective ways to include pyscannons into an army. Are you thinking they should have a shooty retinue? I like firesquad inquisitors but they cost quite a few points and my list was just a little to tight to fit them.
    If I'm taking just one lone psycannon inquisitor, I either want him to be a safe, untargetable sniper or a boost to an IST plasma squad, and I'm primarily looking for something that is cheap, not a drag on my list, but still unlocks an assassin.

I don't consider an additional 50 pts in another lone inquisitor to be worthwhile, because those same points can buy me two heavy bolter servitors as a retinue for the 1st inquisitor. And I'd rather do that with those points than get just another single psycannon. Yes, it does make it into a squad that can be targeted, but think about it. If my opponent wants to spend at least one unit's worth of shooting to take out 100 pts of models with three guns during his/her turn, I'm happy with that choice! That's a round of protection for my more important GKs. And if my opponent decides to not bother with such a piddly squad, then they have to weather multiple turns of fire from a psycannon and two heavy bolter servitors. It's a win-win situation for me!

Alternatively, those 50 pts for the proposed 2nd inquisitor could instead be used to get two more GKs to bolster my troops. Again, I think that is going to be more useful over the long haul than another single psycannon.

In the end, if I'm willing to invest in ranged firepower, I see no reason not to do it right. Spend the points to get that firepower, rather than only a fraction of it.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread