1000 pt. radical - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Phoenix Guard 1988's Avatar
    Daytona Beach, FL (yay college!)
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

8 (x1)

1000 pt. radical

Here's my first attempt at a Radical list. I made it because my puritans don't do too well at 1000 pts. Any advice is appreciated.

Inquisitor Lord.............................292
    -Gun Servitor (Plasma Cannon)
    -2 Gun Servitors (Heavy Bolters)
    -2 Sages

3 Demonhosts.............................255

3 Deathcult Assassins...................120

5 Stormtroopers...........................128
    -2 meltaguns
    -Smoke and Extra Armor

8 Stormtroopers...........................100
    -2 Plasma Guns

8 Stormtroopers...........................100
    -2 Plasma Guns

Total: 995

The melta squad will be my main anti-tank unit with the plasma guys filling in with the light armor as well as anti-infantry duties. I'm not sure whether or not I should take out 1 squad and put the other in a Chimera. The Inquisitor is an obvious firebase and I will use the demonhosts and assassins for their cc ability while the rest of the army shoots as fast as possible.

1500 years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the Universe
    500 years ago everybody knew the world was flat
    5 minutes ago you knew humans were alone on the planet
    Imagine what you'll know tomorrow

Imagine-John Lennon

2. Remove Advertisements

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

The problem with your list, as I see it, is too many points invested in your Elites. Almost 1/2 your points in just six fragile/random models that aren't scoring units. By all means take some of those elites -- almost the only reasons to go radical to begin with -- but I think you're sacrificing your combat effectiveness as a result. I wouldn't take more than 2 daemonhosts, max, and for assassins I'd take an eversor or a callidus over any number of death cultists. Keep your elites expenditure to 20% of your list or less -- less is best! -- and then you can bulk up on troops.

I'd want chimeras for your plasma IST squads and/or a couple more IST squads, too. I don't think you have enough bodies to win the day. In the full DH list, ISTs are great cheap troops choices. In a radical DH list, ISTs are expensive drags that offer very little real value when compared to every other 40K army. You therefore need to maximize what does make them useful: body count, special weapons, and light tanks. Short yourself in any of those categories, and you're in trouble.

Honestly, in any radical list, I'd take no more than a pair of IST squads as required troops, and then take the rest of my infantry as inductees, either IG or SM. Even with limited selection, and no traits or doctrines, you'll get more bang for your buck out of those inductees then you will out of ISTs.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread