1500 Pure daemonhunters - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Pure daemonhunters

The Inquisitor will go with some stormtroopers, and drop in the GKT. The footslogging GK (the fast squads will not DS) will trek with the two Dreads killing everything within the 24'' on one flank. The IST, GKT and Eversor will go on the other flank.:yes:

HQ
    BC with SS (cheap 4+ save and a badass conversion.
    3 GKT, one TH+SS
    =209

Elites

Eversor
    =95

Inquisitor with Emperors Tarot, Teleport homer, combi-plasma
    =60

Troops

10 IST. 2 plasma guns. Rhino with smoke and extra armour.
    =178

=178

Fast attack

10 GK. Justicar with targeter

10 GK. Justicar

Heavy

Dread with AC,SB, EA

Dread with AC,SB, EA

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    HQ
    BC with SS (cheap 4+ save and a badass conversion.
    3 GKT, one TH+SS
    =209
    Well, I think it's a shame that your awesome conversion costs you points to remove a stormbolter and protect a one-wound model that isn't significantly better than the normal GKTs, but whatever. Still a reasonably cheap HQ squad. However, as your BC SS and GKT with TH/SS are removing half of the squad's ranged firepower, I think an investment in a psycannon in the retinue is practically a requirement.
    Quote Originally Posted by jimbob
    Elites

Eversor
    =95
    Fun!
    Inquisitor with Emperors Tarot, Teleport homer, combi-plasma
    =60
    Never seen the appeal of the Tarot. It's only got something like a 2/3 success rate for a very modest gain, yet costs a decent chunk of points in a very expensive army.

But more egregious is the combi-plasma. That's a waste of points for a single shot, one that has a chance of eliminating your expensive Inquisitor with an unlucky die roll, too! IMHO, you have two choices with an inquisitor joining ISTs:

1. Kit him out with a psycannon and stick him with plasma ISTs for extra firepower in a decent light firebase.

2. Kit him out with a CC weapon, bolt pistol, and TP homer with melta ISTs for calling down GK pain from the skies. He costs no more than an IST vet sgt for the same task, but has an extra wound as a free bonus, and conveniently unlocks that assassin.

Either way, he's a bit cheaper than what you have, and he's specialized for the task at hand, rather than a weird mix of not-so-great.
    Troops

=178

=178
    I think chimeras are better choices for plasma ISTs, as it adds considerable firepower, enhancing the proper role of plasma squads. But Rhinos are still OK, at least as mobile terrain (and they are cheaper!). But neither squad is really suitable for TP homer duty, as in neither case do you want these guys too close to any enemy. Melta squads are designed to go after tough armour/monsters with their melta guns. Those are the squads that should be risking themselves and, therefore, will want the TP homer to call in support. If you want to use a TP homer, change one squad to meltas and use them with the TP inquisitor build, above.
    Fast attack

10 GK. Justicar
    Loverly.
    Heavy

Dread with AC,SB, EA

Dread with AC,SB, EA
    These guys simply must have smoke to help protect them in their approach to the enemy. However, I would prefer to see one as TLLC/ML so you have some long-range, heavy firepower in your list. DH are already fairly weak in that dept, and not having at least one TLLC and ML in your list emphasizes that weakness.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do not mind if the GKT lose some shooting, because they will be next to the melta squad so anything close should have been incinerated. However, i have decided to drop the ET because i trust you (you'd better be right!!!). Obviously, the inquisitor goes with the rhino mounted IST.

HQ
    BC with SS
    3 GKT, one TH+SS
    =209

Elites
    Eversor
    =95

Inquisitor with Teleport homer, bolt pistol, CCW, Melta bombs
    =37

Troops
    10 IST. 2 plasma guns. Chimera (ML+H with smoke and extra armour.
    =213

8 IST. 2 melta guns. Rhino with smoke and extra armour.
    =158

Fast attack

10 GK. Justicar

Heavy
    Dread with AC,SB, EA, smoke

Dread with AC,SB, EA, smoke

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    However, i have decided to drop the ET because i trust you (you'd better be right!!!).
    Yikes! :cry: Maybe you should ask some others here, then! Here's what I think of the ET::x.

Anyway, it's an improved list. Would still like to see a TLLC/ML build for a dread, but whatever. Also ocurrs to me now that you'll probably get more use out of frag grenades on your Justicars instead of targeters. If you're deep-striking those guys, they really won't be needing the targeters.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread