[1500] - Drop Pod List, Traited Space Marines, Friendly/Balanced - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] - Drop Pod List, Traited Space Marines, Friendly/Balanced

Traits: (Significant Divergence)
    Cleans and Purify
    Trust Your Battle-Brothers
    Faults:
    Eye to Eye
    We Stand Alone

Point Total: 1500
    Model Count: 49

HQ
    Epistolary
    -Force Weapon
    -Bolt Pistol
    -Frag Grenades
    -Psychic Hood
    -Jump Pack
    -Combat Shield
    -Bionics
    -Fear of the Darkness
    -Might of Heroes (2nd power)
    Squad Total: [172]

Troops
    Plasma Squad
    Marines x7
    -Bolters
    -Plasma Gun x2
    Vet. Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist & Bolter
    -True Grit & Counter Attack (all)
    -Drop Pod
    Squad Total: [229]

Plasma Squad
    Marines x7
    -Bolters
    -Plasma Gun x2
    Vet. Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist & Bolter
    -Drop Pod

Melta Squad
    Marines x7
    -Bolters
    -Melta Gun x2
    Vet. Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist & Bolter
    -Drop Pod

Melta Squad
    Marines x7
    -Bolters
    -Melta Gun x2
    Vet. Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist & Bolter
    -Drop Pod

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad
    Marines x7
    -BP/CCW, Frag Grenades
    Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist
    Squad Total: [206]

Assault Squad
    Marines x7
    -BP/CCW, Frag Grenades
    Sergeant x1
    -Terminator Honors
    -Power Fist
    Squad Total: [206]

This list has gone through several changes from it's orginal. It has not seen combat in it's current form.

The idea for this list is a rather strong mid-game strike. Plasma squads to take out any infantry elite first, then the rest of the grunts. The Melta squads will be targeting tanks first, with plenty of firepower to take out anything else. I added True Grit / Counter Attack to all my Drop Pod squads so that they would have a better chance of standing up to melee armies, at least until my true Assault Squads arrive. The Librarian will be attached to an Assault Squad, assuming they land together. He will use FotD when he lands initially, and then use MoH to give the closest powerfist a few extra attacks. Assuming there aren't any IC's in the immediate area that he will want to use his Force Weapon on.

I appreciate any advice you can give!

Last edited by GoatRider; December 5th, 2006 at 19:10.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

looks pretty good but i wouldn't suggest deep striking assault squads.. its generally a bad idea.

Only other suggestion i have is maybe dropping the second assault squad for some form of long ranged AT, maybe a dreadnought or something
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I would definitely agree there -- some kind of sturdy, long-range AT would be useful. Meltaguns can definitely take down an enemy vehicle quickly, but I'd be a little hesitant on relying on a few dropping meltaguns, especially if your opponent keeps his armor spread out. A Dread with a Lascannon and maybe even a Missile Launcher as well would make sure that you're ready for any long-range surprises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i see many advantages/disadvantages of this list. one, your hq unit costs way too many points. a 173 point librarian is a little expensive, not to mention he has not invulnerable save and a 3+ still. i run a 1500 pure drop pod force and i have a terminator librarian w/ a command squad. assault cannons are valuable against most opponents because of the rending and ap4. i would drop one assault squad in favor of a dreadnought. the dreadnought will add so much more firepower and possibly anti-tank fire if you do the hellfire variant (tllc + ml). if you do end up taking a dread, always remember extra armor. the only thing i have against deepstriking assault squads is that they're not in pods and they can scatter into enemy troops and therefore die. wouldn't it suck to have 200 points of men fly into enemy troops and die w/o doing anything? you do realize that if you deep strike the librarian, he deepstrikes seperately from the squad, meaning he can get isolated and attract a lot of fire. i really dont see the point of might of heroes. if you drop might of heroes, you can give ur librarian terminator honors or even armor if you drop him down to a codicer. now he gets a 2+ armor and a free 5+ invuln, making the combat shield and the jump pack useless. you can still deepstrike via teleporting! i prefer terminators over normal tac marines as they are a "push" unit meaning they can change the outcome of a game by themselves. the sheer firepower of 2 assault cannons is magnificent. thats my 2 cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OK HERES A FEW SUGGESTIONS:

- first take bod3's suggestions regarding the Libby.

- either give the Libby termy gear and attach him to a 4man Termy command squad or ditch the termy armor and give him an 8 man power armor command squad. Personally i suggest going with the termie squad. It gives you the optoin to deep strike or use a Drop Pod depending on points.

- Consider "Fury of the ancients" for your Libby. Against any fearless horde armies it works great.

- Ditch "Trust your battle Bros" Take the 3 additional points per model and create another squad. If needed reduce all or 2 of the existing squads to 8 men total. I have found the extra squad is far more effective then giving existing squads an additional cc attack.

- Drop the fast attack squads and add a dread with Assault cannon and CCW/flamer. Give them a DP. This army can field up to 3. I suggest a minimum of 2.

- If you are hell bent on using any sort of fast attack. Add 3 Land speeder tornadoes. Dont DS them. Just hide them behind cover till your pods drop in. Then use them as support.

The basic idea behind a DP army is all or nothing. The 2 Fast attack squads will be the main focus of the enemy for at least 1 round of shooting...possibly 2. Its best to either put them in a pod or dont use them at all. BTW always use bolters in pods...not pistols. Only have pistols on your PF sgts.

+ Reply to Thread