[1500] Blood Angels - All situations - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[1500] Blood Angels - All situations

[Blood Angels]{1500}

HQ
    Chap(Reclu.) w/jump pack and BP and frag(plus DC) [217]

6 Tatical squad(5men plus sgt), lascannon, plasma gun, sgt(term. hon, bolter) [130]

6 Tatical squad(5men plus sgt), lascannon, plasma gun, sgt(term. hon, bolter) [130]

6 Tatical squad(5men plus sgt), lascannon, sgt(term. hon, bolter) [120]

6 Tatical squad(5men plus sgt), heavy bolter, sgt(term. hon, bolter) [110]

10 assault squad(9men, plus sgt), 2 plasma pistols, sgt(term. hon., power fist, BP) [260]

furioso, extra armour, smoke, drop podded [133]

Pred. annihilator, HB sponsons, smoke, heavy armour [138]

baal pred., HB sponsons, smoke, heavy armour [128]

dread, assault cannon, smoke, extra armour, venerable [133]

Total : 1499 pts

Well, firstly, I know the 1st question will be : So shooty? I do believe that blood angels can be played shooty, and although they rage, i plan to charge them in if they get into range, if not, oh wells, can't be helped.

I think its kinda balanced, enough troops to assault hard, and lots of guns. I'll shoot them till they come to me, then i'll charge in and start fighting, that's basically my battleplan.

More specifically, I would like to know if you think this is a good list or not. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your battle plan is certanly viable and has been used before to good effect - shooty BA are a perfectly playable army. However, with regards to the list you're using now....

1.Why an Assault squad? That's for assaulting...and yours is a shooty BA list. The DC and Dred alone can probably do counter charging well enough, if you really want to go the shooty route. It's all down to personal preference tho - if i play BA shooty im gonna take GUNS and GUNS before considering counter-charging CC. Coz after all, those tac squads charging in still pack a punch. Furious Charge rules!

2.You need a couple more FAST units. With so many games involving objectives nowadays you want some fast units to grab or contest them last turn...orthodox BA usually have jump packers to do this, but since you only have the Death Comp and the Assault squad (which we're considering dropping), i'd suggest you taking some LSTs. More firepower and speed make a healthy combo for your list.

3.I don't understand the Furioso at all. He's not shooty and he'll be dropping among the enemy line. Without support like scouts or asault squads. DC + Furioso will NOT kill off an enemy force...especially since your DC seems more like a counter-charge unit. A Furioso alone will get butchered without accomplishing much. Drop him for another Land Speeder or perhaps more troops.

Personally i don't think you need the Annihilator you have enough AT already in your tacs. I'd go with another Baal (the best SM tank after all) but that's just personal opinion.

hope i helped =)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, your list seems to have a good amount of fire power, witch, of course is goo for shooty (duuu), And IMO, I would keep the assualt squad, because, when the enemy comes close to assualt you, counter charge with your Assault Marines, this way, they will kill tons of the enemy, even if they get wiped, and it saves your shooty squads:sleep:

But, one thing i don't understand, is why have all your sargents with termie honors? Is it some BA rule that they have to take it?(because I dont play BA) IMO, I would just drop the termie honors and ake extra marines, cause one extra attack in CC is not worth 15 points unless you have a power fist.

Well, all together decent list, and correct me if i am wrong with the Vet Sargents.

Good Luck
    One Shot, One Kill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi,

Many thanks for the replies. Well, as for the Vet. sgts, there's a rule for BA that vet. sgts can get PF/PW if they go to death co. Well, many BA players get naked vets inorder to get the PF/PW. Well, its a little cheesy too, I admit, but I might remove 'em if they are too unbalanced. Besides, my BA force is not the 'charge! charge! charge!' type.

Well, as for now, I think i'll keep the assault squads. Well, also, the furioso is more for flavour than anything.

I might drop the pred. since I have the baal already, for a landspeeder sqn. However, i'm a tad concerned about the 'cheese' whine since I already have 2 assault cannons in my army, adding another 2 might cause some concern, but i'm willing to give it a go.

Thanks again!

+ Reply to Thread