[500] Crimson Fists, Combat patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[500] Crimson Fists, Combat patrol

I'm a quite newcomer at playing space marines or 40k altogether, but i have built a basic army with my friends advice. Now I'm thinkin either of expanding it or "rebuilding" the 500 point combat patrol army. So heres what I have so far:

Captain, 9 bolter marines, 2 bpistol & ccweapon, 1 flamer, 1 heavy bolter, 1 plasmagun, 1 missile launcher guy plus a razorback. For the game i made a 6 man squad which goes into the razorback( TL lascannon) and a ten man squad with the leader. I noticed that this wasn't maybe the best layout for my army. I have made a few new armies, and the only requirement is that there is an assault squad(they're so fun ).

I'm thinking of putting 2 x 5 man tactical squads, which both have missile launchers. Then an assault squad of some size maybe with a jumppacked chaplain. A devastator squad of 5 men with either heavy bolters or missile launchers or a LST would also be nice. Is it better to have all-troop than a mix of both?

Comments are welcome and also harsh critic. What would be the best compromises with these components, or do you suggest something completely else? Then again, maybe I should expand to 750 or 1000 using some of my old guys?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

Post these kinds of threads in the Army List section, please.

Thread moved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OOPS! Sorry, I thought that was the place i was putting it in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds good... Nice to see another CF player, may i suggest not getting a LST and meybe get something else, to me CF is a CC army that can shoot. so i would suggets more men, more power fist then get some other stuff, like a vindicator or some bikes/assualt squads. What i would draw you away from is termies which are great, but not *Great*. For CF stay cheap, you need more of your points going to termie honours, plasma and power fist.:w00t:

Trooper Outt""

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Using just the models that you have, the only decent anti tank weapon you have is the razorback. Which is also your only vehicle and transport. All anti tank weapons will then focus on your razorback for the double reason that its the only tank you have and that it also represents the greatest threat to his vehicles. I suggest taking more vehicles to spread the anti tank armour around. The cheapest way to get armour values is landspeeders. I would go for 2 landspeeders with multimeltas. They will also add manouvrability to your list and take the pressure of your razorback.

As for your squads - you have 4 heavy/special weapons. The trick with non-bolter weapons are to group them together. You have 16 marines - which is enough for 2-3 squads.

I'd suggest
    missile launcher + 4 bolters tactical squad - anti tank first, or infantry
    heavy bolter + plasma gun + 3 bolters + bp+ccw tactical squad - anti infanty
    captain + flamer + 2 bolters + sergeant command squad. - anti infantry

Your 2 tactical squads are your firebases. Deploy them with good firing angles. The razor back should be attached to your captain's command squad. Do not use it to transport unless your going behind cover. Just use it to move up with the command squad and provide mobile cover for them. Do not stray too far from your fire bases.

A small assault squad is not a bad idea. Don't give them meltabombs. Keep these and a support squad for other squads in close combat. Don't throw them into close combat themselves unless its going to be dead easy. These will also be another manuverable element useful for objectives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

I'd suggest doing a search of the Army list forum and looking at other 500 pt lists to get ideas. Also, you can read Combat Patrol batreps to get an idea for what is effective and (maybe) what isn't.

Just don't put in more than one landspeeder tornado, PLEASE!

Here's something that's effective and fluffy:

2x5-man tac squads: Plasma gun in each
    1x5-man assault squad: Plasma pistol
    1x5-man Dev squad: 2 missile launchers
    1x5-man Scout squad: Heavy bolter (or frag grenades, depending on if you arm them with bolters or ccw's)
    Vet Sgt upgrade (for assault squad) with powerfist
    _______
    500 pts
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah and hatred, CF is all about the haterd =P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Grotstompa View Post
    Here's something that's effective and fluffy:
    2x5-man tac squads: Plasma gun in each
    1x5-man assault squad: Plasma pistol
    1x5-man Dev squad: 2 missile launchers
    1x5-man Scout squad: Heavy bolter (or frag grenades, depending on if you arm them with bolters or ccw's)
    Vet Sgt upgrade (for assault squad) with powerfist
    Effective, yes, fluffy, not a chance. Where are the flamers and preffered enemy upgrades a crimson fist fluff army has?

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

+ Reply to Thread