1000 pt IG sentinels - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 pt IG sentinels

HQ
    Command platoon
    Junior officer w./ power weapon and bolt pistol.
    Master vox Caster
    71pts

Sentinel Support Squadron
    Lascannon x3
    165pts

Troops
    Infantry platoon
    Junior officer.
    Vox Caster
    45pts

Infantry squad x2
    Vox Caster
    65pts/squad

Armoured fist squad
    Flamer, Vox Caster
    71pts
    Chimera transport
    Heavy bolter, hull heavy Flamer, pintle heavy stubber, smoke launchers.
    100pts

Fast attack
    Sentinel Squadron
    Heavy Flamer
    Autocannon x2
    140pts/squad

Sentinel Squadron
    Heavy Flamer
    Autocannon x2
    140pts/squad

Sentinel Squadron
    Heavy Flamer
    Autocannon x2
    140pts/squad

1002 pts total

I talked to a friend and he said that it's too Fast Attack heavy, I should drop 1 of the sentinel squads and add a Heavy Support or more Troops. He said that Heavy Weapon teams are the way to go. I don't know, I think it be fun to have 12 sentinels on the table, It may not prevail but it'd look cool
    any comments?

Last edited by HojsanD; December 11th, 2006 at 13:14.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am thinking about ditching the Vox's to free up 45 points and then use them for what i'm not sure.........waiting for suggestions i guess............

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Put the three sentinals as three seperate fast attack choices. They wil have to be tageted individually. = )

"Look Livley!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He can't, he has 9 in the Fast Attack and another 3 in the HQ.

Sentinels really aren't your best bet for solid work, especially squadroned. They're decent but they are fragile and if there aren't other armoured targets in the area they tend to go down quite easily.

I do agree it'd look cool to have 12 Sents on the table, but they're only 4 targets total. Dudes with Strength 4 guns have a chance of glancing these rather fragile walkers.

I'd suggest consolidating the weaponry of each Sentinel squadron, make all of them the same type. Also try out Multi-Lasers, decent weapon in all respects. I'd make one full of ACs, Multi-Lasers, and perhaps Heavy Flamers if you wanted.

You are however lacking in bodies on the ground or the requisite heavy weaponry. Not sure how much that'd hurt really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Your friend is right in a couple of ways.

1> For composition marking you are poor as you do have a lot of points in HQ and mostly Fast Attack.

2> This list would benefit greatly by having some Heavy armor on the table to draw fire away from the Sentinals. I love Sentinals, but they are very brittle and they need something else for the enemy to shoot at. Take a regular Leman Russ a lose a squad of Autocannon Sentinals.

I just converted my Autocannon Sentinals to Lascannon ones. I found the autocannan Variants to be the least effective. Multilasters are just as good at light vehicles, and are way better at troops. Lascannons are better at Heavy Vehicles, Monstrous Creatures and Terminitors. I mix of Lascannons Sentinal Squads and Multilaser might be optimum. (not mixing together though.

You also need to drop another Sentinal to put some Heavy and Special weapons into your troops or they are generally uselless . Put a Plasma Rifle and Missle Launcher into every squad, and a Mortar into every command squad.

Hope that helped.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh one more thing, the Vox network is mostly unnecessary here; you have all of 3 squads. I suggest using the points there elsewhere. Those points are enough to give your 2 squads some Plasma guns or HBs if you give up the Voxes there. You can even give your other JO a power weapon.

Or if you re-arrange the stuff, you can have an HSO or a JO with the Honorofica Imperialis. Though again, not too sure it's gonna count for much with only around one true platoon in numbers.

This can work against some opponents, those that lack a lot of heavier firepower. Just rush them in with the Scout rule--12 Sentinels running at ya before you can move? If you get the Assault as well you can tie up 4 units against 3 vehicles, that's gonna smart.

Alternatively, you can Deep Strike them in with Drop Troops.

+ Reply to Thread