1000 Pts - Detachment 17 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts - Detachment 17

"Aura One this is Vespa Seventeen, cargo is away. I repeat, cargo is away..."

Praesidium XVII - Specialitas Incursio Expeditione
    Detachment 17 - Special Assault Force

Doctrines
    - Iron Discipline
    - Close Order Drill
    - Drop Troops
    - Carapace Armour (All Infantry)
    - Veterans (Not Used)

HQ
    Tessarion Belisar Titus
    Junior Officer w/ Honorifica Imperialis
    - Storm Bolter
    - Iron Discipline
    - 2 Meltaguns
    115 Points

Troops
    Trigentium Primus
    Trigentus Alae Valusi
    Junior Officer
    - Storm Bolter
    - Iron Discipline
    - Frag Grenades
    - Meltagun
    - Plasma Gun
    - Grenade Launcher
    99 Points

Contubernium A
    Decanus Sobren Mallo
    - Plasma Gun
    90 points

Contubernium B
    Decanus Galtas Baiur
    - Plasma Gun
    90 points

Contubernium C
    Decanus Sobren Mallo
    - Grenade Launcher
    88 points

Trigentium Secundus
    Trigentus
    Nero Tolerno
    Junior Officer
    - Storm Bolter
    - Iron Discipline
    - Frag Grenades
    - Meltagun
    - Plasma Gun
    - Flamer
    97 points

Contubernium A
    Decanus Relon Avari
    - Meltagun
    90 points

Contubernium B
    Decanus Sanguro Etaris
    - Meltagun
    90 points

Contubernium C
    Decanus Baro Morun
    - Flamer
    86 points

Fast Attack

Celeres I
    Sentinel
    - Multi-Laser
    - Improved Comms
    65 points

Celeres II
    Sentinel
    - Multi-Laser
    45 points

Celeres III
    Sentinel
    - Multi-Laser
    45 points

TOTAL: 1000 POINTS

This is a "chunk" of my primary Roman-themed Imperial Guard. Still in the conceptual stages, but it's heavy in flavour and does passably well against most opponents.

Carapace Armour was a tough call on this one. It's easily 1/5th the points cost of this army, but I've played it both with the extra troopers that afforded me and with Carapace Armour and in the short time I have (we're talking Turns 2-3 here for most of these guys to arrive) I can be wiped out but I can't do enough of the hurting.

I've survived firepower that would have torn apart normal IG platoons (save for Blasts) and since they're jumping into the teeth of the enemy it won't matter much anyway. Versus Space Marines I would have been at the mercy of all their Bolters, now at least only half my boys die to those guns.

It's all conceptual at this stage, but it's been playtested. I had to add up the numbers from memory so pardon me if there are any problems.

Deployment: The Fast Attack Sentinels will be deployed on the table, each in their own squadron. These are my anti-infantry units, they'll rush in first and with the Improved Comms will let me bring in these drop troops as soon as possible.

I know I'm lacking a lot in heavy firepower but these guys are still shooty. They're just mobile is all. Also I know I violated the "Keep your Officers cheap" rule but well, I was lacking weaponry and they seemed a good enough place to put them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alright, it is interesting. Firstly, I would give your commander a power weapon. He will get changed, and it will help. On your platoon commands, I would use the same weapon three times. I am not sure what you want them to shoot at. Three plasmas would be ideal, but flamers are fun and meltas are nice if you have trouble with tanks. And you probably won't need frag grenades. But other than that, it looks good.
    "When one man dies it is a tragedy. When thousands die its a statistic."
    -Stalin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just kinda ran out of points. I suppose I could ditch the Storm Bolter for a Power Spear, but I do kinda miss having that bigass gun. Consider it changeable, thanks.

I didn't know what the command guys would have to face, so I gave them a nice and healthy mix. My plan was to give the troops the Plasma so they could stand still or move and use them rapid fire and let my command squads charge heavy vees or big-baddies. The Flamer and Grenade Launcher has proven quite indispensable, my opponents are Orks, Eldar, Tau, and 'Nids with some Chaos every now and then.

It's my standard gaming group but we change armies like crazy so we can learn the game from many angles... tonight I'm gonna be a 'nid! It's also why I chose Carapace, at this points level I don't think I can amass that many bodies to compensate for the many losses of AP5 weapons.

Alternative List: Command Squads with Meltas/Plasmas, no Carapace, tons of Flamers and Grenade Launchers including Remnant squads.

I had 3 points free for the frags... I suppose I could just give the JOs a power weapon and a Bolter. Maybe Searchlights for the Sents...

Thanks for your reply!

+ Reply to Thread