1000 Pts - Space Marines: Codex Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 Pts - Space Marines: Codex Army

1000 Pts - Space Marines: Codex Army

This is a Old list that I reworked, tear it up if u feel you need to, anyway any help I'll be grateful.

1 Master (HQ) @ 126 Pts
    2 Lightning Claws
    Jump Pack
    Frag Grenades

4 Veteran Squad (Elites) @ 105 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Lascannon (x1); Tank Hunter Skill
    1 Sergeant: Bolter; Tank Hunter Skill

5 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 120 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Plasma Cannon (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)
    1 Sergeant: Bolter

7 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 165 Pts
    Bolter (x5); Heavy Bolter (x1); Meltagun (x1)
    1 Veteran Sergeant :Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)

2 Bike Squad (Fast Attack) @ 181 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Meltagun (x2); Frag Grenades
    1 Attack Bike: Twin Bolter & 2 Bolt P.; Multi-Melta; Frag Grenades
    1 Sergeant: Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades

7 Assault Squad (Fast Attack) @ 218 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x5); Flamer (x2); Frag Grenades; Jump Packs
    1 Veteran Sergeant: Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)

1 Whirlwind Battery (Heavy Support) @ 85 Pts
    Vengence Missiles

Total Army Cost: 1000

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince666 View Post
    1 Master (HQ) @ 126 Pts
    2 Lightning Claws
    Jump Pack
    Frag Grenades
    Not bad here. I'd personally give him Terminator Honors, but that isn't necessary.

4 Veteran Squad (Elites) @ 105 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Lascannon (x1); Tank Hunter Skill
    1 Sergeant: Bolter; Tank Hunter Skill
    This is okay, but personally, I'd take infiltrate rather than Tank Hunters, that way you can setup to counter the enemies armour, more effectively and get the best possible line of sight. With such a long range, it shouldn't matter much where you set up, whether seen or unseen.

5 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 120 Pts
    Bolter (x3); Plasma Cannon (x1); Plasma Gun (x1)
    1 Sergeant: Bolter
    Plasma Cannons are nice, but I'd take a Lascannon, and drop the Plasma gun, maximum effectiveness for the least points. You'll probably get to shoot the plasma gun once or twice if your lucky. Plus, your SEVERELY lacking in long range Anti-Tank.

7 Tactical Squad (Troops) @ 165 Pts
    Bolter (x5); Heavy Bolter (x1); Meltagun (x1)
    1 Veteran Sergeant :Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)
    Gahh! Don't mix heavy weaponry with Assault Weaponry. I'd drop the Heavy Bolter and give this squad a Transport of some sort. Or keep the Heavy Bolter and drop the Melta and a few members for a nice anti-Horde unit.

2 Bike Squad (Fast Attack) @ 181 Pts
    Twin Bolter; Meltagun (x2); Frag Grenades
    1 Attack Bike: Twin Bolter & 2 Bolt P.; Multi-Melta; Frag Grenades
    1 Sergeant: Twin Bolter; Bolt Pistol; Frag Grenades
    Make the sergeant a veteran, and give the Sergeant a Powerfist.

7 Assault Squad (Fast Attack) @ 218 Pts
    Bolt Pistol & CCWep. (x5); Flamer (x2); Frag Grenades; Jump Packs
    1 Veteran Sergeant: Frag Grenades; Jump Packs; Bolt Pistol (x1); Power Fist (x1)
    Not bad. I highly suggest not using the flamers the turn you decide to charge. If your opponent was smart, he'd remove models that would deny you a charge, and then you're sitting ducks for a turn. A position that expensive Assault marines don't like.

1 Whirlwind Battery (Heavy Support) @ 85 Pts
    Vengence Missiles
    You don't have to note down which missiles to use. You decide before the beginning of each game, and that's what you use for the game. But other wise, good.

This list is sortof iffy, IMO. It seems that it was thrown together hastily with no clear battle plan. I'd go over this list, and give each unit an assignment. Post them up here, and I'll help you out with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The master will be leading the Assault squad give it a little more punch, and to drop 5 attacks on any Independant Characters that i dont like.

I chose Tank Hunters over Infiltrators , beacuse i will be setting them up as elites so should be able to set up with LOS to any Armour i want them to shoot at.

I chose Plasma Cannon and Plasma Gun beacuse of the anti heavy infantry , mainly termis that get to brave. (it happens a bit with the Marine armies i play against, not that they want to be deapstriking next to these guys again.)

Though alot of people dont think its a good idea, the HB is dirt cheap and effictive, if i dont move. This squad was designed to Sit back and shoot if needed or go up and get any objectives/table quarters near end game.

For the bikers i thought about Power fisting the sergeant but i thought i wouldnt have any body to take off for casualties.

ok the assault squad, the first game i had the vet and 2x guys with plasma pistols and they all overheated on the same turn, so i thought ill try the flamers. Should i go back to the 2x plasma pistols ?

And my mistake with the Whirlwind.

anyway thanks for the help so far Adrian

Illustrator Extraordinair Adrian MalSeraph's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x7)

The master will be leading the Assault squad give it a little more punch, and to drop 5 attacks on any Independant Characters that i dont like.
    Okay, but personally, I don't like to have IC's hunt other IC's, because you are making yourself incredibly vulnerable to the enemy. I'd still have him lead the assault squad, but have him hit the basic troops.

I chose Tank Hunters over Infiltrators , beacuse i will be setting them up as elites so should be able to set up with LOS to any Armour i want them to shoot at.
    Understandable.

I chose Plasma Cannon and Plasma Gun beacuse of the anti heavy infantry , mainly termis that get to brave. (it happens a bit with the Marine armies i play against, not that they want to be deapstriking next to these guys again.)
    Do you play alot of Marines or MEQs? If so, then the Plasma is a good setup.

Though alot of people dont think its a good idea, the HB is dirt cheap and effictive, if i dont move. This squad was designed to Sit back and shoot if needed or go up and get any objectives/table quarters near end game.
    Okay, but still, I think that squads need dedication. Your call. Its entirely up to you.

For the bikers i thought about Power fisting the sergeant but i thought i wouldnt have any body to take off for casualties
    Makes sense. If you don't want the fist, then don't take it. I'm just offering tactical advice.

ok the assault squad, the first game i had the vet and 2x guys with plasma pistols and they all overheated on the same turn, so i thought ill try the flamers. Should i go back to the 2x plasma pistols ?
    That happens sometimes. You just have to deal with that sometimes. And if I figure correctly, then you'd be better off with the pistols, as you'll be facing alot of MEQs.

Here's an interestin tidbit. I modelled a purity seal on one of my Plasma Pistols on my assault marines, that pistol has yet to over heat. Faith in the emperor helps

And my mistake with the Whirlwind.
    No big deal.

anyway thanks for the help so far Adrian
    Anytime.

LO Oldie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x3)

Thats fine, a lot of people will say go for a chaplain instead but I like masters so he should be fine for this role, just try to scrounge up points for terminator honours.

I agree with your decision here, as you get to take advantage of the skill EVERY game, whereas not all games use infiltrate. Also, as you said, enemy armour will probably be deployed by the time these guys get deployed anyways.

Good idea, but dont be plainning on seeing a lot of terminators (if any) in a 1000pt game.

I generally stray from having a heavy, special weapon and a power fist but HB's are dirt cheap so i'ld say keep it.

For the bikers i thought about Power fisting the sergeant but i thought i wouldnt have any body to take off for casualties.
    Exactly correct. Never power fist a squad of 3. Wait till the squad stands at full strength.

This is a matter of preference; i prefer 2 flamers as since they can get so many hits, they can each easily kill 1 marine a turn; the same damage a plasma pistol can do. Only drawback is if your fighting terminators, but then again, assault marines whouldn't be fighting terminators anyways.
    2000pts Orks 4-2-1

+ Reply to Thread