1500 DH + SoB Friendly - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Los Angeles (unfortunately)
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

1500 DH + SoB Friendly

Hey folks,

It's been a bit since I posted a list, but number6's recent post (re: Seraphim + Eversor) inspired me to whip up a list including some Seraphim (well, that, and finding a box of seraphim for 75% off at a local hobby store =D).

HQ [61]
    Grey Knight Brother-Captain

Elite [173]
    Ordo Malleus Inquisitor
    Psycannon, Auspex

3 Gun-Servitors
    2 Heavy-Bolters, 1 Plasma cannon
    2 Sages
    1 Mystic

Troops [128]
    5 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers
    2 Melta-guns
    Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Troops [276]
    9 Grey Knights
    Frag Grenades

Fast Attack [276]
    9 Grey Knights
    Frag Grenades

Fast Attack [276]
    9 Grey Knights
    Frag Grenades

Fast Attack [162]
    5 Seraphim
    2 Twin Inferno Pistols
    Sister Superior

Heavy Support [148]
    Grey Knight Dreadnought
    Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armour, Smoke Launchers

Total: [1500]

Teleport attack Grey Knights will deep strike or set up with the rest of the army as needed. The Brother-Captain will either deep strike with the teleport attackers (hopefully) or footslog with the troops Grey Knights. Seraphim will shadow the Rhino or use cover to tank-hunt. Everything else is pretty obvious. The other option I'm considering is dropping one of the teleport attack squads for another anti-tank Dreadnought, 5 more stormtroopers in the troops squad, and a Veteran Sister Superior with Eviscerator and two more Seraphim. Thoughts would be appreciated. Let me know what you think!

Last edited by Hasten; December 19th, 2006 at 01:59.
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

2. Remove Advertisements

The Village
    18 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

It looks like a pretty solid list to me, Hasten. More bodies for the Seraphim are always better, of course, if only to provide a few more wounds to protect your infernos. I also swear by the VSS with the eviscerator. I'e been much happier with my girls' performance since making that investment. Firstly, the VSS gives you an extra die for your faith test, making it more likely that you'll pass it. Vital, since you only have the 1 point. Also, the eviscerator is a good backup to the infernos. You shoot at a tank, don't get the result you want, then you can assault it and pop it open with the eviscerator. Or, say you get assaulted by a manacing dreadnought. The eviscerator will save your squad from getting wiped out (though you'll undoubtedly lose a few models unless you saved that faith point!) and kill the dread, too.

About the only changes I'd make would be to help make your seraphim more survivable. I'd drop a single GK from each of your 9-man squads to get more seraphim. You can get 3 more or 1 and the VSS with eviscerator. Consider dropping one of the HB servitors for another seraphim in the latter case.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread