1500 Armoured (Tank) Company - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1500 Armoured (Tank) Company

Hello all! I normally paly SM but have decided it may be fun to have LOTS of tanks running around the board, hence my daliance with the armoured company!

What follows is the list I came up with. Let me know what you think and what I could do to make it better.

I kinda wanted to include some sentinels and stormtrooper squads for fun, but they just look like they'd get shot to bits to easily. What ya think?

HQ:

Command tank+Vanquisher+lc+hb spons+smoke+ ex arm+side skirts+ Machine God blessing=348

ELITES:

Tank ace+leman russ+lc+hb spons+smoke+ ex arm+side skirts+ace gunners=278

TROOPS:

Leman russ+lc+hb spons+smoke+ ex arm=173

HEAVY SUPPORT:

LR Demolisher+lc+hb spons+smoke+ ex arm+track guards=183

TOTAL=1501

(The idea behind the lascannons is that is the main guns get shot off, I still have a haevy weapon.)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by guardian angel View Post

(The idea behind the lascannons is that is the main guns get shot off, I still have a haevy weapon.)
    I understand what you are doing with the Lascannons, but I would have one Lascannon and no sponson weapons at all (keeps it cheaper), or go with a Hull Heavy Bolter and sponson Heavy Bolters. There are times when this is preferable to shooting the Battle Cannon.

I like Side skirts, but instead Machine God Blessings I prefer Forge Crafted, but that's just me.

I might also make your Tank Ace another Vanquisher or Exterminator so that you don't waste the extra BS of the Ace.

I like to have at least one Bassie in my lists as well, so think of converting the Demolisher to a Bassie.

Other than that the list looks good.

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diggums Hammer View Post
    I understand what you are doing with the Lascannons, but I would have one Lascannon and no sponson weapons at all (keeps it cheaper), or go with a Hull Heavy Bolter and sponson Heavy Bolters. There are times when this is preferable to shooting the Battle Cannon.

I like Side skirts, but instead Machine God Blessings I prefer Forge Crafted, but that's just me.

I might also make your Tank Ace another Vanquisher or Exterminator so that you don't waste the extra BS of the Ace.

I like to have at least one Bassie in my lists as well, so think of converting the Demolisher to a Bassie.

Other than that the list looks good.

Cheers, DH
    Thanks for the thoughts. I think I'd rather keep the lascannons than get rid of them but I see what your saying.

I had another think and have come up with this variant list. I just like the idea of some troops tagging along with the tanks!

HQ:

Command tank+vanquisher+lc+hb spons+ex arm+smoke+side skirts+machine gods blessing=348

ELITES:

10 storm troopers+vet serg+pw+mg+pg+chimera+multilaser+hb+ex arm+smoke=224

10 storm troopers+vet serg+pw+mg+pg+chimera+multilaser+hb+ex arm+smoke=224

TROOPS:

Leman russ+lc+hb spons+ex arm+smoke=173

Leman russ+lc+hb spons+ex arm+smoke=173

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Demolisher+lc+hb spons+ex arm+smoke=173

Demolisher+lc+hb spons+ex arm+smoke+track guards=183

TOTAL=1498

I know there are less tanks, but the storm troopers may be handy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couple of quick ideas... specialize your ST choices... one gets both metlas to go after armor. The other becomes a dedicated counter MEK force with the two plasmas. Look at getting stubbers for the chimeras. Its amazing what 3 extra shots will do for you from two transports. My marine opponents hate my 5 exterminators and other vehicles that have the stubbers on them because those stubber shots kill 1-3 extra marines a turn from hitting them with a wall of dice.

Tanks don't need smoke. Sure it might help after they are shaken or stunned but the results are neglible. If anything then they will force the enemy to mass fires on another exposed fully functional tank. If you get shaken just drive 12" to make yourself harder to hit and be a LOS block for one of your other tanks as a mobile screen.

Do you really need vet SGTs with PW? Do you really want to be tied up in CC with STs? No. Use them for stubbers.

+ Reply to Thread