Imperial Guard With A Twist GT List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Imperial Guard With A Twist GT List

I’m currently in the process of building a heavily converted Imperial Guard army for the GT next year. However I never played with an army like the Imperial Guard before so I’m hoping you lot can make a few good suggestions to my list…

--Command Platoon--
    97 - Colonel Grotsnik (Heroic Senior Officer) with carapace armour, bolt pistol, power weapon and iron discipline, 1 Medic, 1 Standard Bearer and 2 lasguns.

60 - Special Weapons Squad: 6 guardsmen with Demo pack and Meltagun.

88 – 8 Ratling Snipers

--Infantry Platoon 1—
    --Infantry Platoon--
    72 - Command Squad: Junior Officer with carapace armour, bolt pistol and Iron Discipline, 1 medic, 1 Plasmagun, 2 lasguns.
    76 - Squad 1: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Plasmagun.
    76 - Squad 2: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Plasmagun.
    76 - Squad 3: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Meltagun.
    76 - Squad 4: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Meltagun.

--Infantry Platoon 2--
    72 - Command Squad: Junior Officer with carapace armour, bolt pistol and Iron Discipline, 1 medic, 1 Plasmagun, 2 lasguns.
    76 - Squad 2: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Meltagun.

75 - Minibug Tank (Sentinel) with lascannon, enclosed crew department and extra armour.
    75 - Minibug Tank (Sentinel) with lascannon, enclosed crew department and extra armour.

180 - Leman Russ: 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour and Improved Comms.

Total: 1491
    Total No: 105 (4)

Doctrines:
    Drop Troops,
    Close Order Drill,
    Special Weapons Squads,
    Iron Discipline,
    Ratling Snipers.

The Tactics: Apart from the tanks and ratling snipers and also depending on what enemy I’m facing most of this army will deep strike. Close order drill and Iron discipline should help me out with their arrival. Plus with the 2 improved comms I can reroll the reserve roll allowing me to possibly hasten or perhaps delay their arrival.

Also tell me what you think to the miniatures for the Grot Rebellion so far?
    Grot Rebel Infrantry Squad by *Proiteus on deviantART
    Grot Special Weapons Squad by *Proiteus on deviantART
    Grot Rebelion Minibug Tank by *Proiteus on deviantART

Last edited by Proiteus; December 23rd, 2006 at 13:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

??

How are your leman russ exactly the same yet cost differnt. Is it becuase one has improved coms and the other doesnt and you just copy pasted or is it a typo.

Back to the army

I really like it. Ive never used drop troops but it looks good. the only thing i would say is either try to get some elites (harden vets) or if their was 1 doctirne you didnt want i would use carapace armor. that means on the turn you deep strike your men wont be shreaded by bolters. Also you have very little multi shot weapons. I would possibly drop one of your infanty squads for a fire support squad with heavy bolters. They could start out in a building or something and would give some covering fire as your army came floating down from the sky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PS awesome conversions. I like the grot tank.

Has a monkey! Imperialis_Dominatus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Inquisitor Proiteus View Post
    I’m currently in the process of building a heavily converted Imperial Guard army for the GT next year. However I never played with an army like the Imperial Guard before so I’m hoping you lot can make a few good suggestions to my list…

--Command Platoon--
    97 - Colonel Grotsnik (Heroic Senior Officer) with carapace armour, bolt pistol, power weapon and iron discipline, 1 Medic, 1 Standard Bearer and 2 lasguns.

Looks good, though I'd personally try to find room for one more special weapon in each squad. Looks like you've researched your Guard armies, done well for a novice! You might change your HSO to a JO with Honorifica Imperialis to save some points though... a little points-saver.

88 – 8 Ratling Snipers
    Good number of them, though they shouldn't see frontline, so two of these might help you find room for those special weapons.

--Infantry Platoon 1—
    --Infantry Platoon--
    76 - Squad 2: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Plasmagun.
    76 - Squad 4: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Meltagun.

--Infantry Platoon 2--
    76 - Squad 2: 1 V.Sgt, 1 Meltagun.
    Good, though if you plan to use your officers with Iron D, the Vet Sarges might be a little much- I know you don't want them to flee, but reroll (standard) Leadership 9 (HSO) is pretty much a pass- even just Ld 8 from your Junior Officer is good. Just make sure you don't get stuck with Ld 7 and you should be fine.

I've never used Sentinels, but if they are part of your fluff, fine. I'd downgrade the Lascannon- it just isn't worth it if the vehicle is destroyed- makes it a points sink.

160 - Leman Russ: 3 Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour and Improved Comms.
    Good, though I also don't get your costs.

Doctrines:
    Drop Troops,
    Close Order Drill,
    Special Weapons Squads,
    Iron Discipline,
    Ratling Snipers.
    Looks fine- low key, good for drop troops.

The Tactics: Apart from the tanks and ratling snipers and also depending on what enemy I’m facing most of this army will deep strike. Close order drill and Iron discipline should help me out with their arrival. Plus with the 2 improved comms I can reroll the reserve roll allowing me to possibly hasten or perhaps delay their arrival.
    Sounds like a plan, Stan... er, Inquisitor.

Dude, those are nice. Funny, and reminiscent of the Ork Imperial Guard, though not a copycat. I like it.

Happy smiting!... er, crumpin'!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    454 (x7)

Just fixed the points error as for the carapace suggestion its not suitable fluff wise and for WYSIWYG. As for the veteran sgts its good for combat and for target priority, plus in helps if the command squad get killed. The minibug tanks are designed for tank hunting blowing up a tank 4 times their size seems funny however i might down size one of them two an auto cannon?

+ Reply to Thread