newbie starting 500pt space marine army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

3 (x1)

newbie starting 500pt space marine army

Hey people i am new to warhammer 40k and i have just started up my own space marine army. My main opponents are tau, eldar and chaos and i would like your thoughts on how i can customise my army to combat them. The eldar player uses a wraithlord in which i am not to sure how to take out and the chaos player uses khrone beserkers which completely owned me.

shown below is my 500pt army:

Army list deleted due to posting individual points costs. This is against forum rules so please read our forum rules and follow them. Unit totals are okay - individual costs are not. I deleted the whole list due to the format being way too hard to simply edit. ~Lost Nemesis

Your thought are greaty appreciated :yes:

Last edited by Lost Nemesis; December 23rd, 2006 at 17:03.

2. Remove Advertisements

Evil Mountain
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

- This goes in the Army List subsection of the Space Marine section.
    - This is the Army Fluff section. If you have a question about your army's background, ask us. Otherwise, this should be moved.

Edit: That said, change the Typhoon to a Tornado, get larger squads, drop the melta gun, and if I were you, I would drop the apothecaries and get more Marines and some lascannons/missile launchers for any tanks or high-toughness units. The problem with meltaguns and small squads is that you usually shoot in assault range, and small squads are terrible for assault. Also, drop the storm bolter on your Chaplain and replace it with a bolt pistol for the extra CC attack; if you want a shooty HQ, get a Captain on the cheap and give him a combi-bolter.
    Last edited by ze_poodle; December 23rd, 2006 at 16:55.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

+ Reply to Thread