Ultramarine Army list help!!! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ultramarine Army list help!!!

HQ:

Chaplain with Terminator Armor

Elites:

Close combat terminator squad
    3x lighting claw pair
    2x thunder hammer and shield

Techmarine(will go with the devestator squad)

Troops:

Tactical Squad One-
    6x Bolters-
    2x Lascannons-
    1x Missile-
    Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword-

Tactical Squad Two-
    6x Bolters-
    2x Lascannons
    1x Missil e-
    Sergeant, Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword-

Fast Attack:

Assault Squad-
    9x Bolt Pistol, Chain Sword-
    Assaul Sergeant, Powerfist, bolt pistol

Heavy Support:
    Devistator Squad-
    4x Heavy Bolter-

Land Raider

I don't have the codex, but i have battle for macragge. so please critique and give me improvements. I want to be able to get my chaplain and terminators into the battle fast(land raider) and do i really need a techmarine with my devistator squad? Both tactical squads are ment to be tank hunters.
    Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Ok.

1. You can stash 3 heavy weapons in a Tactical Squad, just one so your going to have to chose which one benefits you most.

2. Termies look great on paper but they attract a LOT of attention. (AKA firepower)

3. I presume you want those Termies incl. Chaplain in the LandRaider. Everybody is gowing to want to blow that thing up and it will be near imposible to make it point effecient.

I would say scrap the Termies for now (untill you hit about 2000+ points), the Techmarine and the Termie armor on your Chaplain. Give him Command Squad with marines with Bolt Pistol and Close Combat Weapon and put them in a Rhino. I would kit my Devastators with Missile Launcher (most cost effecient) instead of HBs to play there strengths.(busting armor) Give your Tac Squads a Plasmagun and a Rhino. With the surplus points I would say buy a Preditor with TL Lascannon and Heavy Bolters. And you might want to buy a Codex

Hope it helps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks a bunch dude. so i can only have one heavy weapon per tactical squad? what are considered heavy weapons, cause u can have a missile and a flamer. also, i want my tactical squads and devestator to be fire support for the assault squad and command squad. what is the best way for me to play up this strength. also, is a dread worth it? the look awsome but how do they play? are scouts usefull at all, they look like they would suck to me. i am hoping to get a farly well rounded 1000 point army going. many trooped based but this some cool vehicles (land raider, dreads)

thanks for the help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what is a good army list, wanting to use a powerful hq (cc oriented) and then have a dread or termies (cc also) and then have some shooty troops. i heard that land speeders suck and that assault squads are well worth it. what about heavy support. should i get a dev squad, a predator type tank, a whirlwind, or a raider?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Whew... here goes:

Yeah only one heavy weapon per Tac Squad. So here are your options:

1. Heavy Bolter - Its cheap and spits a hail of bullets at strength 5 AP4. Now this can be good or bad. Strength 5 is good for ripping trough infantry but crap for busting tanks. If your using Devastators to bust tanks and your Tac Squads to wreck other infantry than this is a very fine choice.

2. Missile Launcher - This is also pretty cheap and REALLY effective against pretyy much anything. It can shoot two different rockets: Frag and Krak. Frag uses a blast marker (the small one) to wreak havoc on squads that aren't spaced properly. This rarely happens though. You should stick to Kraks 99% of the time. These take down Marines (and instant kills most character) like mad and can even take down a tanks.

3. Multi-Melta - Mainly for tank busting. I think there not worth it. Your better off with Missile launcher or a Lascannon.

4. Lascannon - The main tank busting tool. Kind of expensive, but better for busting the heaviest tanks than the Missile Launcher. It also instant kills those nasty characters in Termie armor.

5. Plasma Cannon - REALLY expensive. It has the same problem as the Frag missile: most opponents space there model properly and only one guy will be hit. Way to expensive for what you get out of it.

As you want your Tac Squads and Devastators will be fire support I would advice this:

Anti-Infantry Tac Squads:

7 Space Marines + Sergeant (Bolter)
    Plasmagun
    Heavy Bolter

Plasmagun
    Heavy Bolter

Devastators:

4 Missile Launchers

As for Dreads... Its kind of in the eye of the Beholder as they say. I say no there not worth their points but a lot of people disagree with me (a lot agree with me too, though). I rather field a Predator or a extra batch of infantry. Get the Codex and read up on the stats, special rules and such, than play some games to get the feel. You can always proxy a unit if your playing with a friend (who agrees you can) to get a feel for the units. Its up to you.

What I think would suit your army as a HQ:

Chaplain (master)
    Crozius Arcanum (incl. in standard gear)
    Rosarius (incl. in standard gear)
    Jump Pack (so he can lead your Assault Marines)
    Bolt Pistol (extra CC attack)

Cost: 121

Now this guy can lead your Assault Marines and beat the crap out of pretty much anything. He has Litanies of Hate which lets you re-roll mist hits on a charge. This is SO gruesome in combinations with Assault Marines.

That should start you up. Hope it helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow thank u so much for the info. this is my new list

Chaplain (master)
    Crozius Arcanum (incl. in standard gear)
    Rosarius (incl. in standard gear)
    Jump Pack (so he can lead your Assault Marines)
    Bolt Pistol (extra CC attack)

Tac Squad:

Plasmagun
    Heavy Bolter

Plasmagun
    Heavy Bolter

Tac Squad:

Plasmagun
    Heavy Bolter

Devastators:

4 Missile Launchers

Assault: (the chaplain joins this squad)

8 Space Marines + Sergeant (power fist and bolt pistol)

I still need an elite . what are the benifits of dreads, termies, and veterans?
    Also, are whirlwinds good? i have heardmixed opinions.
    should i get another heavy support? a tank hunter probably.

thanks again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Brother_Captain_Devon View Post
    I still need an elite . what are the benifits of dreads, termies, and veterans?
    Also, are whirlwinds good? i have heardmixed opinions.
    should i get another heavy support? a tank hunter probably.

thanks again!
    You don't need elites. They are overrated! For the same points you can use a Predator. My Space Marine army has no elites what so ever. The Predator is a GREAT option, can't say that enough. You don't need another tank hunting unit if you use a Pred, because it can take on most opposing enemies.

Predator
    Twin-Linked Lascannon
    Heavy Bolter Sponsons

Cost: 130

BTW, if you wan thank me you can always rep me. :tongue: Just push the star on the left bottom of one of my posts (next to the phone thingy). Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks (i added to your rep) and also, if i get a pred, do i not need a dev squad. and i know i don't *need* an elite, it just seems like it would be good to get another really powerful unit on the field. do i need a rhino. with the game plan i am thinking i don't think it will be usefull

send the assault squad with the chaplain into the enemy, using the powerfist to attack vehicles and taking out powerful units (daemons, hq, termies). then advance my tactical squads, using them as fire support for the assault. next have a heavy support or a elite move in to take out more heavy vehicles and to reak havic. then my tactical squads finish up by killing off the remaining guys.

will this work?
    if it will what other units should i get. i am going with 2 tactical squads (configured like above), the assault squad and chaplain. thanks!

I AM the Evil Twin! Jared van Kell's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    1466 (x8)

Keep the devestators and have the predator work in concert with the devestator sqaud.
    Because you do not have much in the way of tank killing ability (with exception of the devestator squads) I would easily recomend taking a predator destructor with las-cannon sponsons, this way you get two S7 AP4 shots and two S9 AP2 shots a turn. make sure you give the predator extra armour and smoke launchers as some people will try to take it out as soon as possible.

As for the configuration of your tactical squads I think they are okay as they are but if you want to include a veteran sergeant with a powerfist in the squads I would think taking two squads. I ultimately depends on what you want the tactical sqauds to do in the first place.
    Last edited by Jared van Kell; December 29th, 2006 at 15:43.
    Basically life sucks, there is only war and you're probably gonna get eaten by Tyranids, have fun.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/2/trek_hmm.gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you wanna fill your choices this is the order you want to go in : Troop, HQ, HS, FA and then elites if you want....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast