Daemonhunters (2000pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Daemonhunters (2000pts)

Inquisitor Lord Tiberium Lazarius, Terminator Armour, Force weapon, Grimoire of true names, Sacred insence
    =125pts
    1 Familiar, 1 Hierophant, 1 Acolyte (power weapon), 1 Warrior (power fist + ccw)
    =62pts
    =187pts

Land Raider Prometheus, Extra Armour
    =275pts

*Inquisitor Johan Strauss, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
    =46pts
    *Inquisitor Marius Graelm, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
    =46pts
    *Inquisitor Victor Harding, Bolt Pistol, Power weapon, Power Armour
    =46pts

*all join Lord Inquisitors group

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
    =135pts
    Valkyrie
    =140pts
    =275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran, Melta Bomb
    =130pts
    Valkyrie
    =140pts
    =275pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
    =130pts

10 Inquisitorial Stormtroopers, 2xPlasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable), Veteran
    =130pts

10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
    =72pts
    Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
    =90pts
    =162pts

10 Armored Fist Guardsmen, Flamer, Veteran Sergeant
    =72pts
    Chimera, Twin Linked Heavy Bolters, Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter
    =90pts
    =162pts

Leman Russ Vanquisher, Sponson and hull Heavy Bolters, Extra Armour, Searchlight
    =196pts

Lance Strike =70pts

Note: list does not have Grey Knights in because it is the Inquisitors personnel Army that he raised himself

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Landraider with extra armor for 275? Math off or am I missing another upgrade? The Leman Russ can only be used as a basic one, not one of its variants. I know that your going to get alot of flak for an assault type Inquisitor, but personal I think its admiral and worth a shot every once in awhile. The only problem is that is alot of points to put into a very fragile "HQ" as it is made up of four FoC slots.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    951 (x8)

No The Land raider is the prometheus variant with quad TL heavy bolters. Does that thing come with improved comms as standard? Good for calling in the air support and lance strike.

I admire your efforts to field such a force without grey knights. Thought about going radical and employing some demonhosts?

Your command squad wastes points to be honest. There are a lot of st3 power and force weapons (deathguard will not be easy opponents). Two of the three inquisitors could be replaced for deathcult assasins that get st4 & fearless but they couldn't go in the vehicle of course. They could march behind it or infiltrate forwards and link up.

I Like the valkeries. Your list is a bit short of anti tank so some HK missiles would help against the top armour of enemy vehicles. Maybe the airborn squads could be reduced in number to make points available.

Some laser cannon sentinels are a cheap way to add anti tank firepower.

Regarding the vanquisher: the "inducting imperial guard" section says you must use vanilla troops from the imperial guard list so this may apply to vehicles too. Personally I would allow it although most tournaments wouldn't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

DAMN IT does no one have the Imperial armour books? you can use all types of Lemon russ and other stuff, its all perfectly legal.

I was thinking of giving the lord a thunder hammer, and maybe replacing the Elite Inquisitors with Death cult assassins

no I will never go radical, I am a purist all the way

I gotta take a few Stormtroopers away, maybe 1 from each squad should do, with that I can buy some Hunter killer missiles, and maybe some more power fist Servitors to beef up the command unit

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
    DAMN IT does no one have the Imperial armour books?
    Heh. Not many of us. It's frickin' expensive, ya know? That's money that I'd rather be pumping into more models. Plus...
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente
    you can use all types of Lemon russ and other stuff, its all perfectly legal.
    Not true. Imperial Armour stuff is not "perfectly legal". In fact, IA rules can only be used with opponent's permission. Furthermore, they are rarely, maybe even never, allowed in tournaments. (I've never attended a tourney where IA rules were allowed, at least.) Imperial Armour is primarily for the the fluff and modeling fantatics, not for game-playing.

Your list is so full of IA variants that it's pretty pointless to comment on it. With so many experimental/unofficial units flying around, you're building a purely "For Fun" list. Which is great, go have fun! But there's little point in trying to make it "more competetive" as the list, by definition (because of the heavy use of unofficial rules), isn't competetive, can't even be used competetively. So what would it even matter? Just use it for friendlies and see what you like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente
    I was thinking of giving the lord a thunder hammer, and maybe replacing the Elite Inquisitors with Death cult assassins
    Having said that, I will offer some advice on your inquisitorial retinue. The best load-out for Malleus inquisitors will always be shooty, not assaulty. Inquisitor with psycannon and auspex, 3 gun servitors (I prefer 1 plasma cannon and 2 heavy bolters), 2 sages, 1-2 mystics, and 0-3 acolytes with bolters and possibly carapace armour, too. It's cheaper and will be more deadly and effective than any amount of points spent trying to turn lame-ass S3/T3 humans into decent combat units. Simply can't be done.

But if you're going to insist on doing it -- hopefully in the interest of fluffy fun and not because you feel like you can actually make a decent combat unit out of it -- then I think you can improve on what you have. I'd take the I-lord with either a pair of lightning claws or a thunder hammer and bolt pistol, possibly sacred incense, but no armour upgrade or other wargear. Use those points on acolytes to protect the guy, not on an armour upgrade, which won't help much if you're really going to use this squad as a serious assault squad. With the lightning claws, I'd take the scourging psychic power for a shooting attack, too. Next would be 1 combat servitor and two vet guardsmen. On the vets, take some mix of: 0-1 flamers (pre-charge kills), 0-2 melta guns (pre-charge heavy infantry kills), 0-2 CC weapon/bolt pistol (maximizing CC attacks). Take a familiar for the initiative boost, and possibly a second psychic power. Best ones would be holocaust and word of the emperor. 3 acolytes with CC weapons, bolt pistols, and storm shields will keep your I-lord alive and give you a bunch of additional CC attacks. Finally, 1 or 2 heirophants for additional, cheap ablative wounds and in case you're up against daemons.

Finally, I would strongly recommend against taking additional elite inquisitors to beef up the retinue. You'd be better off taking an Eversor or Callidus and possibly some DCAs. Without GKs or inductees or allies to beef up your CC abilities, you'll want the assassins in there. Besides, they're just plain fun to use.:ninja:
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread