Imperial Guard (2497pts) fun - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

Imperial Guard (2497pts) fun

(This list is intended for fun purposes and not competitions or tournaments, it uses rules from White Dwarf 308 UK, Imperial armour Update 2006)

It was based on the fact my mate said "I bet you cant get over 100 infantry into a legal list with a titan and still lots of anti-tank guns"........well he can now shut up, 7 missile launchers, and 10 plasma or meltaguns lol, plus 20 rending shots from the titan "Iron wolf" as I named it, thats gotta do summit to tanks lol

well I gotta buy it then wipe out his 2500pts Chaos renegade guardsmen list (basically guard painted red lol)

++HQ++

Reichsmarshall (high commander) Power fist, Storm bolter, Carapace armour, Bionics
    4 Grenadier Bodyguards, 3 Veterans, Carapace armour, Standard Bearer, Medic
    1 Guardsman, master vox
    Scribe Historicus, Sage, Pastor
    Sharpshooters
    =234pts

Lieutenant, Power weapon, Carapace armour, Bolt pistol
    4 Guardsmen, Vox-caster
    =56pts

Anti-tank support squad, 3xMissile launchers, sharpshooters
    =105pts

=105pts

++Umm TITAN lol++

Warhound Titan, Vulcan Mega Bolter, Vulcan Mega Bolter
    =810pts

++Troops++

4 Guardsmen, Vox-caster
    =56pts

10 Guardsmen, Sharpshooters, Vox casters, Plasma/Meltaguns (interchangeable)
    =85pts

=85pts

=85pts

=85pts

=85pts

4 Guardsmen, Vox-caster
    =56pts

=85pts

=85pts

=85pts

=85pts

=85pts

++Heavy Support++

4 Guardsmen, Vox-caster, Missile Launcher
    =71pts

=105pts

=105pts

Doctrines:
    Close order drill
    Drop troops
    Sharpshooters
    Heavy weapons platoons

FOR THE EMPEROR!!!!

Last edited by Stella Cadente; December 29th, 2006 at 18:26.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

As a start it would be really helpful to know what doctrines your using if not just sharpshooters. (And if sharpshooters are the only doctrine your using then I would recommend also including drop troops and close order drill because of the lack of heavy weapons in your line squads.)

Also, many of us do not have imperial armour or all of the white dwarves between 280 and the most recent one so anything said for units using any of those may end up being rare due to lack of knowledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Stella Cadente View Post
    ++HQ++
    Reichsmarshall (high commander) Power fist, Storm bolter, Carapace armour, Bionics
    4 Grenadier Bodyguards, 3 Veterans, Carapace armour, Standard Bearer, Medic
    1 Guardsman, master vox
    Scribe Historicus, Sage, Pastor
    Sharpshooters
    =234pts
    As far as actual units being used I can say nothing, though I would shy away from the powerfist on the high commander. Even with all his extra 'wounds' its still not worth striking last to wound your opponent a little better.

4 Guardsmen, Vox-caster
    =56pts
    In your command squads the carapace armour seems like a waste, majority armour is going to deny your save most of the time anyway. As a whole all of your command squads actually look like wastes of points used to access the other options around them. If anything I'd try to make one or two of the officers more usefull via a leadership bubble because as it stands the anti-tank support squads are not gonna last long if they take fire. (At the risk of actually sounding like giving out advice to make this a competative list rather than fun list I'm holding back on a suggestion to create leadership bubbles.)

=105pts

=105pts
    Whats to say, you can't go wrong with sharpshooter missile launchers

++Umm TITAN lol++
    Warhound Titan, Vulcan Mega Bolter, Vulcan Mega Bolter
    =810pts
    Right, titan....watch out for those pesky strength 8,9, and 10 weapons...

=85pts
    Um..drop troops might be a good thing for all of these squads what with the lack of heavy weapons?

Looking back, your using two doctrines or more? Sharpshooters is obvious and then theres heavy weapon platoons.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)

1: The high commander only has initiative 4 and his strength makes power weapons a waste of time if you actually wanna kill summit

2: Carapace has saved my neck thousands of times in the past, I ain`t gonna let it go just yet, and yes the Lieutenants are just there to access better things, you can`t rely on commanders to do everything

3: Sharpshooters on the Missile launchers is great again saved my neck hundreds of thousands of times

4: Yeah titan, pesky weapons should either die first from it or not be in range (i:e maeltaguns/multimeltas, plus they gotta get through the Void shields first, so they gottaa kill it 5 times (in theory lol)

5: Yeah added the Doctrines to the list now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where do you get the rules for titans?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x0)