[2500pts] [Experimental DH list] [Friendly] - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[2500pts] [Experimental DH list] [Friendly]

This is me going crazy, enjoy.

HQ:

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ psycannon, teleport homer
    x7 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue, w/ psycannon
    532pts

Elites:

Inquisitor /w psycannon
    40pts
    Vindicare Assassin
    110pts
    8x Grey Knight Terminator w/ 2x psycannons
    438pts

Troops:

8x inquisition stormtroopers w/ 2x plasma guns,
    Chimera w/ multilaser, heavy bolter, extra armor
    190pts
    190pts
    Armored Fist squad, w/ lascannon heavy weapon team
    x9 guardsmen, 1 sergeant
    Chimera w/ multilaser
    165pts
    x9 guardsmen, 1 sergeant
    Chimera w/ multilaser
    165pts

Fast Attack:
    N/A

Heavy Support:

Land Raider Crusader
    255pts
    Land Raider Crusader
    225pts

total: 2495pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by shyft View Post
    HQ:

Grey Knight Grand Master w/ psycannon, teleport homer
    x7 Grey Knight Terminator Retinue, w/ psycannon
    532pts
    The TP homer is virtually useless. You only have one other deep-striking squad, not really worth it for that. Furthermore, the only way you'd have a reasonable chance of using it is if you packed these guys into one of your LRCs. Which is not a good idea. That'd be almost 1/3 of your points -- in a 2500 pt list! -- slotted into a single one-wound basket. It would take only a single lucky shot to ruin your entire game plan. The only safe delivery method for GKTs is via deep strike. And there again, the TP homer becomes useless unless you happen to get lucky with your reserves rolls and this squad comes down at least one turn before the other squad.

Finally, 8 GKTs is a nasty unit, no doubt. But I think taking any more than 6 max is wasteful of points. You don't have any PAGKs in your list. Why not? Get some bodies and storm bolters and multiple S6 attacks in there! A GK costs about the same as 2 GKs, and at some point, you'll get better performance out of those GKs then you will out of the points spent on GKTs.
    Quote Originally Posted by shyft
    Elites:

Inquisitor /w psycannon
    40pts
    50 pts, actually. How do you intend to use this guy? As a lone sniper, he's OK, but he's so much more effective with a shooty retinue. Drop a few GKTs from this list, and you can easily build one.

Alternatively, you could strip this guy down to just CC weapon, bolt pistol, and a TP homer, and drive him inside an LRC. You lose the LRC, you ain't out much. But if the LRC survives, this guy can call down some serious pain right where you want it.
    Vindicare Assassin
    110pts
    Well, I think this guy's very wasteful for the points, and prefer the Eversor or the Callidus, but to each their own, I suppose.
    8x Grey Knight Terminator w/ 2x psycannons
    438pts
    Yikes! A 2nd unit of GKTs? I'd prefer the two 8-man GK squads you can get for almost exactly the same points expenditure myself. There are other GK options worth considering, too. (see below)
    Troops:

190pts
    190pts
    x9 guardsmen, 1 sergeant
    Chimera w/ multilaser
    165pts
    x9 guardsmen, 1 sergeant
    Chimera w/ multilaser
    165pts
    Not bad.
    Fast Attack:
    N/A
    I wonder where I could put some GK squads, were I to buy them....
    Heavy Support:

Land Raider Crusader
    255pts
    Land Raider Crusader
    225pts
    I assume that this is the "crazy" part of your list. And I would agree. Why would anybody ever need more than one ... at any points level? All I can see are the all the other troops and things you could be buying for the points. But so long as you don't drive priceless troops inside of them, well, good luck to you! Actually, I would probably drive them empty, or stick that cheap elite inquisitor inside.

But if assaulting down the front ramp is just too much of a good thing to ignore, consider putting a small GK squad inside. 5-6 models, maybe even 1-2 incinerators for a change, since you can probably get a very advantageous template placement to make up for the loss of the awesome S6 NFW/True Grit/stormbolter combo. Also give the justicar a TP homer, and then you're set. Normally, not a good idea to use GKs in numbers less than 8, but again, I wouldn't want to lose something terribly precious to a lucky lascannon shot. And besides, with the TP homer, they could call down all the help they need.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

+ Reply to Thread