(1000) armoured company redux (friendly) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(1000) armoured company redux (friendly)

a quick thankyou to those who helped my doomed original list, this is a second go at it.

HQ 308pts
    Leman Russ Vanquisher (commander)
    vanquisher cannon, storm bolter, lascannon, heavy bolter sponsons, extra armour, smoke launchers.

TROOPS 326pts
    Leman Russ Battletank 163pts
    batlecannon, 3x heavy bolters, extra armour, smoke launchers.

Leman Russ Battletank 163pts
    as above

FAST ATTACK 186pts
    Chimera 93
    multi-laser, heavy bolter, extra armour, smoke launchers

Chimera 93
    as above

HEAVY SUPPORT 183 pts
    Leman Russ Demolisher
    demolisher cannon, lascannon, plasma cannon sponsons, extra armour smoke launchers

total models 6
    TOTAL 1003 pts
    tactics...ummm...stand and shoot basically, anything can kill infantry ok but the vanquisher and demolisher will go against any tanks. All advice would once again be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by davidH; January 8th, 2007 at 02:10.
    Total 40k: >5000pts
    total WFB: ~2000pts
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In general i like it, but i have a couple things to say about the vanquisher. I wouldnt reccomend sponson or pintle weapons for this tank because its purpose is to fire the vanquisher cannon, meaning nothing else can fire. The lascannon is a good choice for it so that if the vanquisher cannon gets blown off you still have some anti tank. However if you really want the extra weapons then change the storm bolter to a heavy stubber, it gets an extra shot and has longer range, the only down side is slightly less ap, but statistically the extra shot will exactly cancle that out anyways. Another point, since it costs the same to put a pintle weapon on any vehicle, then put it on one of the battle tanks or chimeras where it will see more use anyways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid_IBM View Post
    However if you really want the extra weapons then change the storm bolter to a heavy stubber, it gets an extra shot and has longer range, the only down side is slightly less ap, but statistically the extra shot will exactly cancle that out anyways.
    no can do, the pintle storm bolter is on a co-axial mounting with the cannon (kinda silly really) anyway it always comes with the vanquisher tank, I haven't paid any extra points for it and I cant change it around. im not sure i want to drop the sponsons either as it only frees up 10 points. of course it lets me get below 1000 instead of just above so that could be useful if someone gets uptight about it. your advise is good though, and im glad you cant see anything big to change. thanks for the help.
    I also enjoy good music, fine food, late night strolls on the beach and dancing in moonkin form :)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks fairly solid, it's certainly has more meat and less fat.

However, may I ask why you have the Chimeras there? You have quite a lot of anti-infantry as it is. Are you just having trouble fitting in more tanks? Consider that your Demolisher is almost the same price as your two Chimeras, and that lone Demolisher could probably accomplish more.

I say that because unless you're screening the Chims all the way into the other guy's lines they're going to get pasted first. AV12 vs AV14 and all that. With a Vanquisher, 2 Leman Russes, and 2 Demolishers you could mow anything down that gets in your way.

It also has the added benefit of putting you at the points cost and not 3 over.

I wouldn't recommend pitting the Demo against tanks though, these guys are your heavy infantry killers. It can fire weaponry that doesn't let Terminators roll saves in pie plates, that's nifty! Though the secondary Lascannon would help out in that regard from time to time. You're right though, anything like a tank or say a monstrous creature, a nasty horde, etc., would be good meat for the Demolisher to feast on.

Alternatively you could field an Armoured Fist squad instead of 2 Chimeras. Not a common action but it could help you out in taking objectives and adding a bit more anti-vee firepower.

The thing many try to do is limit the points cost of the HQ/Tank Aces by using Exterminators and take an Ace in place of the Demolisher. You'd probably have enough for another Leman Russ that way.

Though it does mean removing the Vanquisher, which your opponent will target because it's a deadly tank and because it's your HQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like your thinking marwynn. how about dropping the chimeras and making them a demolisher (a copy of the other demolisher). thats 2 demolishers leading the fray because of shorter range weapons, 2 leman russ battletanks and a vanquisher sitting back and shooting from long range. sound ok? I reckon so, probably that little bit nicer on the wallet without the 2 chimeras.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This list looks way better than the last one. Congrats!
    In regards to the 2x Chimera replacement issue, you could also go with another Vanquisher for more AT, or a Hellhound if you feel like you just can't kill the infantry fast enough. Stormies/Chimera might also be a viable option; leave the infantry behind to hold a table quarter so you can race off and fight somewhere else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by davidH View Post
    I like your thinking marwynn. how about dropping the chimeras and making them a demolisher (a copy of the other demolisher). thats 2 demolishers leading the fray because of shorter range weapons, 2 leman russ battletanks and a vanquisher sitting back and shooting from long range. sound ok? I reckon so, probably that little bit nicer on the wallet without the 2 chimeras.
    Glad I could help, and yeah those Chimeras get mighty pricey. Probably the main reason why I didn't go ahead with a fully Mechanized force.

Consider working in the Multi-Melta if you can on the second Demolisher. For variety and fun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fattmeezy View Post
    This list looks way better than the last one. Congrats!
    In regards to the 2x Chimera replacement issue, you could also go with another Vanquisher for more AT, or a Hellhound if you feel like you just can't kill the infantry fast enough. Stormies/Chimera might also be a viable option; leave the infantry behind to hold a table quarter so you can race off and fight somewhere else.
    so many choices! anyway i think i'll stick with this as we usually dont play any special games just a standard "cleanse" i think its called. This list couldn't be any more different from my last (which was orks) and thats why I like it so much.

+ Reply to Thread