1500pt Idea? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1500pt Idea?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

1500pt Idea?

The army is entirely mechanized except for the elite choices. Hq is in a LR because I want him to survive and should a good target arise he can, assault more easily. Troops are all in tanks to get them within shooting range as quickly as possible unless I play against a horde army then everyone will be outside there tanks. Exorcist and Dreadnought focus on tanks first and then go for the next more dangerous stuff. Assassins take out anything that might be important to my opponent hopefully and quickly. Or run a major distraction.

hq:
    Inq Lord: 476
    power weapon, bolt pistol, rosarius, word of the emperor
    Alcoytes 3: power armour
    Crusaders 3
    Chirurgeons 2
    Familar
    Land Raider: searchlight

elites:
    Eversor Assassin: 95

Deathcult Assassins: 120

troops:
    IST6: 130
    2x plasma guns
    Rhino

IST6: 130
    2x meltaguns
    Rhino

Space Marines5: 131
    flamer
    Rhino

Space Marines5: 135
    missle launcher
    Rhino

heavy:
    Exorcist: 136
    searchlight

Dreadnought: 136
    lascannon, missle launcher, searchlight

Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia
    Protectorate of Menoth: Grand Exemplar Kreoss

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As far as competitiveness goes this army is rather weak.

HQ
    This Inq and his retinue lack much real hitting power. Give that Inq Lord a Force Weapon, Eviscerator or Power Stake so he can actually kill something, and/or swap some or all of the crusaders for combat servitors. The acolytes don't need power armour, carapace will do for them. Acolytes are so weak in cc that I'd give them mancatchers as they are more likely to make an impact that way, especially if you target your opponents characters or hidden powerfist carriers. Inq's and retinues though are generally rather poor units, being fragile and very expensive for their capabilities.

A Land Raider is a poor vehicle. It has a fundamental contradiction between shooting and charging forward. Since you can't do both a lot of its value is wasted either way. Few people think much of them.

Elites
    That's a lot spent on assassins. They are fragile, expensive and do not count as scoring units. Enemy shooting can wipe them out with alarming ease, as can large squads that survive to strike back at them. They can do well, but only if carefully used to support a good army. They are poor distraction units as they die so easily. They do best when attacking smaller, unsupported characters or squads which they can do over without being wiped out in reply or exposed too much to enemy fire. They are very tricky to use, and attention actually needs to be attracted away from them, not to them.

Troops
    6 men in a Rhino wastes a fair bit of their capacity. The ratio of points spent on transport to points spent on actual combat troops is very poor as a result. Such squads are often better used as DSing units (not possible in a WH army I know) or as supporting units to larger, more powerful squads.

The marine squads lack firepower, assault ability and numbers. Again the Rhinos are underutilised. I don't even know why the missile launcher squad might need a Rhino at all.

Heavy
    An Exo in this list does add some firepower, but I hate to see Exo's in an army that includes no sister of battle units. While technically legal the Exo is so obviously a sister unit that it jars me badly to see it in an otherwise ST/marine list. It badly damages any fluff appearance the army may have IMO.

The Dread is OK. I know that many marine players have a low opinion of dreads that are not 'venerable', but it represents some useful ranged firepower.

Overall this list suffers from poorly constructed squads and the presence of fragile and/or expensive units. Its various components are not well suited to supporting each other. The fragile Inq and assassins will be stuck out on their own and won't last long, while the troops will be outnumbered and outgunned due to too much spent on their transports and other things in the army. The heavy support is alright, but due to spending elsewhere is of no great power.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x6)

Revised this Morning. Before anyone commented. Have an extra 9pts.

HQ:
    Inquisitor Lord: 230
    power weapon, bolt pistol, rosarius, excruciators, word of the emperor
    Alcoyte3: power armour; Chirurgeon2; Crusader3; Familar
    This squad is starting in the LR for safety. It isn't going to charge into a squad made for assault it'll attack a squad made for shooting, such as a devistator squad. (This is a last resort attack unit.) The lord doesn't has the power weapon on him because its cheap and effective. Force weapons are expensive and should I actually wound something, all it has to do is pass its save and that attack would have been wasted. Power stake is good but I lose an attack in combat and is only really then useful against psykers. Eviscerator good for anti-tank, but its not going to modify the =][= for any good.

Elite:
    Eversor: 95
    Anti-Whatever it can get its power weapon to.

Troops:
    IST6: 133
    2x Plasma Guns
    Rhino
    Smoke Launchers
    I realize space is wasted in these rhinos but there meant to get my troops to with a short range to targets without getting shot to pieces.

IST6: 133
    2x Meltaguns
    Rhino
    Smoke Launchers

Tactical Marines5: 134
    Flamer
    Rhino
    Smoke Launchers

Tactical Marines5: 85
    Missle Launcher
    Modified, dropped the Rhino for another Land Speeder.

Fast Attack:
    Put these in to grab objectives last turn and for some general annoyance factors.
    Land Speeder: 50

Heavy:
    These three vehicles cover Anti-tank
    Exorcist: 145
    Pintle-Mounted Storm Bolter

Dreadnought: 135
    Twin linked Lascannon, Missle Launcher

Land Raider: 251
    Searchlight
    Legion Of Everblight: Abyslonia