Mega Battle Army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Mega Battle Army

ON the 21st of this month I will playing in my firrst mega battle. There will be 9 people on the good side(Imperial) and 7 people on the bad side(Chaos). The points for the game good 1500 the bad 1930. I will be teaming up with one friend who will be useing his DIY SM chapter. The following is the list that I plan on using.

HQ
    BC/sacred incense,grimoire of true names 81 pts.

Troops
    PAGK Justicar+4 with 2 psycannons 200 pts.
    ISTX8with 2 plasma guns chimera multi-laser/HB,EA 190 pts.
    ISTX9with 2 plasma guns rhino/EA 155 pts.

Elite
    Inquisitor/psycannon 50 pts.
    2 Sages 12 pts.

Heavy Support
    GK Dreadnought/Assault Cannon,ML,EA 125 pts.

Fast Attack
    FAGK Justicat+9 275 pts.
    FAGK Justicat+9 275 pts.

total 1488

I have 12 points to spend. I was thinking of taking Blessed for one of the dreads. I could even drop the 2 sages to make both dreads Blessed. Comments are welcomed.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by AtlantianWarrior View Post
    HQ
    This may be just me, but I don't think the GoTN is terribly useful on this guy. It's a relatively expensive upgrade, and I don't think you're going to be wanting to hurl this guy against a tricked out Daemon Prince all by his lonesome. Your choice of course, as it is a fluffy piece of wargear... might be you'd get better use out of one of the anti-daemon psychic powers though, such as destroy daemon, for a similar cost. Incense is great though.

Troops
    PAGK Justicar+4 with 2 psycannons 200 pts.
    Gonna rock the mini-purgation, eh? I'd bump them to fast attack, since you've got the slot, and you can set them up last for a better choice of shots. As to the IST's, they look pretty good. One thought I had was giving meltas to the rhino squad for tank/dreadnought/elite hunting, since you'll get insta-kill on MEQ's with it. You're call of course. I'd also say that smoke would serve you well on both vehicles, especially the rhino, with its space-plywood armour =D.

Elite
    Inquisitor/psycannon 50 pts.
    2 Sages 12 pts.
    The sages are cheap, it's true, but you don't really need the second one, since he's already hitting on a 2+ with one sage. Honestly, though, I'd drop both sages so that he's got IC status and can't be shot at so long as he's not the closest target. Stick him next to the mini-purgation and you'll be good to go!

Heavy Support
    I don't think Assault Cannons mesh very well with ML's, myself. You're going to be so close to the enemy that they're likely to get charged, and you may find yourself wishing for that DCCW. I personally think you'd be better off spending the points on an incinerator if anything. Alternatively, make one AC/DCCW and one TLLC/ML, which is what I generally do. I think smoke is good on any AC dreads you field, due to their shorter effective range.

Fast Attack
    FAGK Justicat+9 275 pts.
    FAGK Justicat+9 275 pts.
    Bitchin' =D.

Thoughts on any remaining points: Melta bombs, frag grenades on the FA Justicars. Targetter, auspex on your mini-purgation Justicar, and possibly on your Inquisitor.

Hope some of that was helpful, and good luck with the mega-battle!

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thanks for the sugestions Hasten. The reason why I am going with 2 Assault cannon dreads is because my friend will be packing at least 1 Vernrable dread and a standard dread both with TLLC. You do have a good point about the DCCW vs the ML.

I thought about using meltas on the rhino IST squad. We felt that it would be better to have range and the chance to double tap with the plasma guns. I was going to have the BC join one of the FAGK squads. I do like the idea of putting the mini-purgation in the Fast Attack slot. Time to rework my list. I will report the mega battle results.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the rules being used concerning the use of GK's and the relentless assault for daemons? Seeing as you're only 1/9th the force and the other 7/9ths unknown in the post. Do all 7 chaos players get to utilize it? This is one of the issues I've seen and had when having multiple chaos players. I've had fairly good use of a GM/Termie squad tricked for being a frontline against lords, but mostly due to the Sacred Incense.

With 9 players you could try to focus your force into something more particular like being GK heavy with the 2 Assault dreads you have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by lkuroda View Post
    What are the rules being used concerning the use of GK's and the relentless assault for daemons? Seeing as you're only 1/9th the force and the other 7/9ths unknown in the post. Do all 7 chaos players get to utilize it?
    The rules don't specify, so it's up to the players to decide. I think it makes the most sense to have one chaos player per DH player using sustained assault.

-H
    Political language is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind.
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com
    If you're intruiged by doctors who are also ninjas, then this is the webcomic for you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

I talked to the person running the mega battle about the sustained assault. He stated that instead of deamon being able to keep coming back they can only come back once. That and inorder for the Chaos player to get it I have to fire apon his detachment. As I understand it there will be 1 World Eaters,1 Chaos Undivided,2 Word Bearers, and 2 Death Guards, not to sure about the last detachment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

135 (x4)

That sounds like a pretty reasonable way to do it to me =D!

-H
    -George Orwell

www.drmcninja.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could you take a picture of the armies when they're setup? 13500 is a lot of troops

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Sure thing. I will take pitcuers of both sides. I think it will be a fun time and a leasson on how to play in a mega battle. Here is an updated list.

HQ

Troops

Elite
    Inquisitor/psycannon,auspex,targeter 53 pts.

Heavy Support
    GK Dreadnought/Assault Cannon,DCCW,incinerator,EA 130 pts.

Fast Attack
    FAGK Justicat/frag gernades,melta bomb+9 281 pts.
    FAGK Justicat/frag gernades,melta bomb+9 281 pts.
    FAGK Justicar/targeter,auspex+4 with 2 psycannons 203 pts.

total 1499

+ Reply to Thread