Space Marines 1000 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Space Marines 1000 pts

At the request of some, I will put the Army list I used against my rival.

HQ
    Commander
    Chapter Master
    Lightning Claw
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Melta bombs

Command Squad
    Space Marine x5
    Flamer
    Seargent with CCW and Bolt Pistol

Troops
    Scouts
    Scouts x5 w/ CCW and Bolt Pistol

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Melta gun

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad
    Assault Marines x10
    Sergeant w/ Terminator Honors, Combat Shield, Power Fist, Melta bombs

Heavy Support
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolters

Okay, some disclaimers. Before you all jump down my throat, I know I about how I need a pair of lightning claws in order to claim the +1 Attack. Since I dont the parts, was thinking of giving him a Storm Bolter, and I really need to give him an Invulnerable Save, so a Combat Shield look attractive. Though, could I give him a storm shield instead, since it is the same cost, but still use a storm bolter, bolt pistol, etc? My enemy used Blood Angles, with two Scouts and a Land Raider with its Honor Guard inside, plus the Death Company. My resources are limited, as I only have an incomplete Battleforce, with Bikes and a Dread still under construction. The rest I actually had to borrow....

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if you have 2+ Leman Russ tanks coming down your throat, then your army isn't going to do that well. If you have a Spam Raider coming at you, you also don't quite have enough to stop it. Just looking at your list, you will probably get beat over and over by armies that field heavy tanks... so I can see why you are frustrated by your experiences against the Imperial Guard & an elite army of Blood Angels.

This is not your fault, and your opponents should not be putting you in this sort of situation, IMO. Very unsporting for them to be throwing your growing army against a more competitive list.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow701 View Post
    At the request of some, I will put the Army list I used against my rival.

HQ
    Commander
    Chapter Master
    Lightning Claw
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Melta bombs

Command Squad
    Space Marine x5
    Flamer
    The Commander. If you can find something that looks like a Crosius Arcanum, then change him into a Reclusiarch and slap a Jump Pack on that guy. OR, slap a Jump Pack on him as is & have the Master join the Assault guys because I don't like that Command Squad. You don't have enough numbers, they are slow & will never reach Assault, and the weapons will virtually never be useful in that group.

Troops
    Scouts

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Melta gun
    The CC Scouts... again, not enough numbers there. You have nothing to bypass armor saves... not even a Power Weapon. Either get a proper CC Sergeant, or at least slap a Heavy Bolter on that squad and leave them in cover.

The Tactical Squads are okay. Missile Launchers won't be that useful against the front armor of a Leman Russ or a Spam Raider, but you're not about to buy a Lascannon guy, so I'm not going to suggest it... but others will suggest it, and for good reason. Missile Launchers need a lot of luck to stop a Land Raider... and a lot of good positioning to stop a Leman Russ.

The Melta Gun in Tac Squad #2 is probably a waste of points. You won't get close enough if this team doesn't have a Rhino or won't Infiltrate.

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad
    Assault Marines x10
    Assault Squad... the Combat Shield isn't necessary for a hidden Power Fist guy. The Melta Bombs are overkill with the Power Fist... you won't really need it. If you take Flamers in your army, they should be HERE instead of a basic Command Squad or Tactical Squad.

Heavy Support
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolters
    The Predator... is fine, but looking kind of naked. There is no other armor on the board, so why take a tank at all? Beef up your Scouts, throw on another Scout Heavy Bolter squad (which is cheap to buy in the store). The Scouts still won't help you against multiple Leman Russ tanks at 1000 pts... but neither will your Predator. Throw on a cheap Combat Squad with a Lascannon... do something. The Predator doesn't seem like a lot of help.

My resources are limited, as I only have an incomplete Battleforce, with Bikes and a Dread still under construction. The rest I actually had to borrow....
    This is the reason for your frustration, and I don't want to seem like I am putting you down because you don't have unlimited resources to field an army.

Maybe try a few 500-pt or 750-pt games instead of stretching your army upwards. Your opponents seem to have too many toys, and may be forcing you into some unsporting competitions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x3)

HQ
    Commander
    Chapter Master
    Lightning Claw
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Melta bombs

Command Squad
    Space Marine x5
    Flamer
    Ok, Major problem here. One single lightning claw is a waist. You either get a pair or non.(
    For your commander I would just take off the command squad and give him a jump pack and equip him to a squad.:yes:

I'de suggest since he looks very close combaty make him a chaplain. Better at close combat and you could still give him a pair of lightning claws with a jump pack.
    Either way I would give them a jump pack.

Or drop podding a librarian with fear of darkness would work well.

Troops
    Scouts

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Melta gun
    For your scouts it is a waste to make them close combat against guard. Because you won't even reach them infiltrating or from the back line.
    What I would do is put 7 or 8 guys in the squad and give one a missle launcher and maybe if you want some of them snipers.
    Tactical squad.hmm... very bad. Did you plan on getting that close to shoot your plasma gun. That was just a waste of points. Now missle launcher is pretty acceptable.
    Now for this squad if you give this squad a drop pod everything will be good. Plop them right behind leman russ or bassie and boom.:shifty:
    O how I love playing with guard and killing them.
    Fast Attack
    Assault Squad
    Assault Marines x10
    Pretty good. But maybe if you equip a chaplain or your master with them they would do much better. Instead of equiping your commander to a command squad.

Heavy Support
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolters
    Pretty good.

Overall you wasted a good number of points. Just listen to the good ideas and you should do well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit
    Geez, toon, your avatar changes more than Bill Clinton's campaign platform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Commander
    Chapter Master
    Lightning Claw
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Melta bombs

Command Squad
    Space Marine x5
    Flamer
    never ever EVER use a single lightning claw either buy another or scrap the first ot os a total waste as is melta bombs this guy aint goin tank huntin if he was then he needs a squad equiped appropriately to go with him, the command squad is another sink scrap it it aint doin nothin other than using up much needed points put the points into the existing scout squad and a jumpack for your heroe then run him with the assault squad thus two birds one flame covered stone

Troops
    Scouts

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad
    Space Marines x10
    Missile Launcher
    Melta gun
    tac squads are good but the scout squad would benefit from another 2 members if you manage to find more points the a small 5 man sniper squad would serve your force well

Fast Attack
    Assault Squad
    Assault Marines x10

Heavy Support
    Predator Annihilator
    Heavy Bolters
    the anihilater needs extra armour but removing it would be better another tac squad and the afformentioned sniper squad would make a more than adequate replacment , the assaultys need to lose the melta bombs and the combat sheild the bombs cuz you got enough antitank and this is alot of points that would be more useful elswhere and the sheild because it is a essentially useless item for a single wound model

these are my oppinions on your list, you do not have to listen to them however i ask that you gie them due consideration and that you take the time to sit back and decide where your force is going ie whats it going to look like in the end and is the direction its going now beneficial to that image
    "take my love, take my land, take me to where i cannot stand, i don't care i'm still free you can't take the sky from meee" ;- firefly

"i'm gonna grant you your greatest wish i'm gonna show you a world without sin" ;- serentiy

"I am a leaf on the wind, watch how i soar" ;- serenity

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I forgot to mention I have Marines from the Battle of Macragge. I really didnt have much choice with my Scouts, if could give them sniper rifles I would, but the Battleforce doesnt come with it. I made the Plasma gun cause I really needed the firepower against heavier targets. My top priorites model wise is to finish my Assault Marines (I only have 5) and to pick up a Dev squad, but with the new stuff coming in Feb, I cant find Dev squads ANYWHERE. Yeah, the Commander definately needs some work. Hell, I may just get a Chaplain. Even the Predator isnt mine....
    Last edited by Shadow701; January 21st, 2007 at 19:48.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    252 (x0)

At this point in time, I wouldn't worry too much about gaming. Just try to finish up with the models that you have, and then worry about expanding on them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake28 View Post
    At this point in time, I wouldn't worry too much about gaming. Just try to finish up with the models that you have, and then worry about expanding on them.
    I know, but losing so badly is disheartening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know, but losing so badly is disheartening.
    It was/is all about army composition... you would have lost unless you got REALLY REALLY lucky, and there's nothing you could have done to change that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

HQ
    Commander
    Chapter Master
    Lightning Claw
    Terminator Honors
    Bolt Pistol
    Frag Grenades
    Melta bombs

Command Squad
    Space Marine x5
    Flamer
    Well I personally think that if you could locate a librarian model that would be the best commander to use against IG. If he had the FoTD ability chances are you can make at least one unit run. Against the Blood Angels I agree with the Chaplain. He will give you the best bang for your buck, but need to drop the command squad and give him jump packs and get him into combat.

Other than that I Think that you have a good base for an army honestly. I jus tthink that it is TOTALLY bogus the armies that you were facing. I had that same experience against a tau player in my town. I had very limited models and could not even come close to killing anything he had, and he spent the whole time laughint at me. Well let me tell you it can only get better. 6 months later I aquired more marines, some devastators, bikes, and land speeders. And lets just say it was me laughing isntead. I had him running all the board and played him like a fiddle. So take the beatings like a man and keep your head up, after all you have to loss to really learn what it takes to win.

With that said dont get frustrated and Good luck in the future man.

"Lifes a garden dig it, yea gotta keep on keepin on, cant have no in your yeart"
    Joe Dirl

I love that quote

Kendo's DA's, Eldar, and stuff WIP
    Dark Angels: W-22 D-4 L-5 High Elves W-8 L-1

+ Reply to Thread