[750] Cadian Army armylist - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[750] Cadian Army armylist

Hey guys, I'm sort of new to this, and I've been playing around with my army for a bit but can't really figure out what I should do with my army. I'd like some kind of list like this one I have here, firepowery long range kind of army (of course, deepstriking and stuff kills me but hey...). Yeah that's sort of what IG is about, but I just can't get it to work properly... My friends tell me to insert ogryns to save me from evil Space Wolves that come in close combat and mangle me, but I dont wanna. I don't like them =P

Also, I'm really charmed by the basilisk, but... it hasn't really proven very useful. It seldom kills enough for it's points so to speak. Actually, some games it doesn't even hit. At all. Very disappointed in it, but I really want it... Not ready to give up on it yet! ^__^( I mean, sometimes it does wonders. But... sometimes)

Anyhow, here's a sort of universal 750 pts armylist that I've created, with infiltrating shock troops that can place themselves strategically and some special weaps, a bulk of conscripts running about and some firepower. Also, HQ's that's supposed to jump in where it's hottest with some firepower.

Friendly play, anyhow.

Suggestions, all kinds of critique and ideas for developing this are welcome! Thanks in advance.

Cadian 51st Support Company

HQ 277

Command Platooon

Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    +Iron Discipline

4 Guardsmen
    +Flag Bearer
    +Medic
    +Plasma Gun
    +Vox Caster
    (82)

Fire Support Squad
    3 Autocannon
    +Sharpshooters
    (105)

Fire Support Squad
    3 Heavy bolters
    +Sharpshooters
    (90)

TROOPS 348

Command Squad
    Junior Officer
    +Iron Discipline
    +Bolt Pistol
    +2 Medics
    +2 Plasma Guns
    (88)

Shock Troop Squad 1
    +Vox Caster
    +Light Infantry
    +Plasma Gun
    +Sniper Rifle
    (90)

Shock Troop Squad 2
    +Vox Caster
    +Light Infantry
    +Plasma Gun
    +Sniper Rifle
    (90)

Conscript Squad 1
    10 Conscripts
    (40)

Conscript Squad 2
    10 Conscripts
    (40)

Heavy 125

Basilisk
    +Indirect Fire
    (125)

Doctrines

Conscript Squads
    Iron Discipline
    Light Infantry
    Sharpshooters
    Close Order Drill (just... because I had a slot over, and you never know when it might be useful ^_^)

Last edited by Malkaven; January 28th, 2007 at 14:31.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ looks simple. I would drop the medic, you only got one plasma gun anyway.Support squads look fine, why not give them sharpshooters? It would be worth it for them.

PHQ looks fine again. Why two medics? you only need one and they only need to be in base to base contact.
    Squads: I would drop the sniper rifle all together along with the sharpshooters and put in a missile launcher or just leave them with no heavy weapons. BTW I'm pretty sure you can give light infantry to your command squads as well and such. They count as infantry.

To many conscripts I think, you have enough for another simple platoon at two squads max. Thats what I would do, take the conscript squad and turn it into a platoon.

Basilisk is in its standard loadout, might i suggest extra armour just in case?
    How many points did you use? 750 on the dot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, 750 on the dot. Notice the bolt pistol on the commander? ^___^

Anyhow, thanks for pointers. When I think about it, it makes much more sense to me to put sharpshooters on the fire supports.

The sniper rifle adds is only 10 pts for both squads, in my opinion worth it against non-space marine players, no? Some extra range for the squad when it's not moving about, and can pin like, stormtroopers and stuff. Plus, they're infils, so they can usually start out with some sniper annoyance =P

I have the medics in to save my commander and flag bearer from sneaky shots, but mainly because I always roll 1s and 2s on my plasmas... and when 2 plasmaguns rapidfire, you're bound to get at least 2 Gets Hot... When you're me, at least ^^ I've concidered taking them out, but they've proven quite useful... Hm, I'll concider it.

Oh, the conscripts are only 20. That's the minimum, and for 80 points. Can't afford another platoon for that I'm afraid.

Hum hum, thanks! *goes into his armylist again* Gotta testplay more... I either get a Victorious Slaughter-defeat, or a Victorious Slaughter-victory. Not balanced =P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you want snipers, might i suggest ratlings? In groups of 8 or 10 they can help pretty well with pinning and killing things. They can take infiltrate too and have the "go to ground" special rule. Infiltrate them( if the mission allows)and hide them in the best cover you can find and have them start shooting. These are worth it sometimes as they have BS4 and not BS3 with a sniper rifle.

Could you aford an armoured fist squad? Might help you, there better then conscripts anyway.
    AS for the medic thing. You only need 1 per command squad really. But its worth it to take it when theres two plasma guns in it, and the two medics in your PHQ, you onlu need one, not two.

+ Reply to Thread