IG Mechanized [1750] Friendly Tourney - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IG Mechanized [1750] Friendly Tourney

So I decided to go mechanized, since I just love the Imperial Tanks way too much. After some fiddling with armylists I decided I had to use Sentinels, bought one and I just love that model! So this is my list. For the grenadiers I have ordered Death Corps Of Steel from forgeworld, such an great model for the fluff ive been working on. Its kinda nazi-germany inspired with grey uniforms and panzer-like tanks.
    Since Armored Company isnt allowed in our gaming group (I heard that its allowed in tourneys now though, was that true?) I had to go mechanized and I just wanted as many vehicles as possible to suit my fluff. Now I'd like some comments on this, anyone tried anything similar? As you can see there are loads of heavy weapons even without regular troopers, though I am using about a 100 less guardsmen than in a regular IG army. But what do you guys think of this list?

1750 Pts - Imperial Guard Mechanized

Grenadiers
    Mechanised
    Drop Troops

Command Platoon (HQ) @ 490 Pts

4 Command Squad @ [165] Pts
    Plasma Gun (x4); Drop Trooper

1 Junior Officer @ [45] Pts
    Laspistol; Power Weapon

1 Chimera @ [80] Pts
    Heavy Bolter

---

6 Anti Tank Squad #3 @ [190] Pts
    Lascannon (x3); Lasguns; Drop Trooper

1 Chimera @ [80] Pts
    Heavy Bolter

---

1 Sentinel @ [135] Pts
    Multi-Laser; Drop Trooper

1 Sentinel #1 @ [45] Pts
    Multi-Laser

1 Sentinel #2 @ [45] Pts
    Multi-Laser

Troop Choice

9 Grenadiers @ 199 Pts

Hellguns (x7); Flamer (x1); Grenade Launcher (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak
    Grenades

1 Grenadier Sergeant @ [10] Pts
    Close combat Weapon; HellPistol; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Chimera @ [85] Pts
    Heavy Bolter; Hull Heavy Bolter

---

9 Grenadiers @ 199 Pts

Hellguns (x7); Flamer (x1); Grenade Launcher (x1); Frag Grenades; Krak
    Grenades

1 Grenadier Sergeant @ [10] Pts
    Close combat Weapon; HellPistol; Frag Grenades; Krak Grenades

1 Chimera @ [85] Pts
    Heavy Bolter; Hull Heavy Bolter

Fast Attack

1 Sentinel (Fast Attack) @ 135 Pts
    Multi-Laser; Drop Trooper

1 Sentinel #1 @ [45] Pts
    Multi-Laser

1 Sentinel #2 @ [45] Pts
    Multi-Laser

---

1 Sentinel (Fast Attack) @ 165 Pts

Lascannon; Drop Trooper

1 Sentinel #1 @ [55] Pts
    Lascannon

1 Sentinel #2 @ [55] Pts
    Lascannon

---

1 Hellhound (Fast Attack) @ 115 Pts

Inferno Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

Heavy Support

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Heavy Support) @ 145 Pts
    Battle Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

1 Leman Russ Battle Tank (Heavy Support) @ 145 Pts

Battle Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

1 Leman Russ Demolisher (Heavy Support) @ 155 Pts

Demolisher Cannon; Hull Heavy Bolter

Models in Army: 48

Total Army Cost: 1748

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

WOW, someone after my own heart.......:wub:

Your list needs a little help though. You actually have given your stuff too little upgrades. I wouldn't bother taking the Mechanized Doctrine, and you are taking Grenadiers as troops and they already can be mounted.

If you are going to drop your nicely equipped command squad (I do regularily), then don't bother with the Chimera for them either.

You can drop the Chimera for the Lascannon squad, as they don't need it, but because you have no leadership help, I would take a squad of Veterans instead with a Lascannon and a couple of Plasma Guns. They will last a lot longer.

You have to give your Grenadiers two of the same Special Weapons each. That is their strength. I usually give mine two Plasm Guns and sometimes two melta guns. I give the Vet Sgt a Power Weapon as well.

I always give my all my vehicles Smoke and Extra Armor, it helps them last longer. I like the Turret Multilaser Better than the Heavy Bolter. The extra +1 is more advantagous most of the time vs the better AP of the Heavy Bolter.

I would also add the three HB set up on your Heavies. Many times it is more effective to shoot the 9 HB shots vs the 1 Battle Cannon blast. It is worth the small amount of points. Again I would add the EA and Smoke to your Heavies.

Here is a list that I did a while ago that is similar.
    Mech Guard / Grenadiers 1750pts - Librarium Online

Cheers, DH
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah, how couldnt I see that mechanized doctrine does not give me any advantages with this list

First about the special weapons on my grenadier squads, the reason I have flamer and nadelauncher is because thats what you get with the forgeworld Death Korps Of Krieg grenadier squad . My first intention was to use either 2 plasmas or 2 nadelaucnhers and I probly will change that later as I get my precious troops delivered from FW.

Maybe I should ditch the Lascan squad for some vets.. Would be really fun making the models aswell, you can really do cool stuff with them Death Korps (Such and AWSOME unit )

Extra Armor sounds like a good idea, but smokelauncher I dont know.. You can only use it once per game right? And I will prolly not move my russes that much..
    Maybe good for some of the more offensive units though..

I do believe you are right about HB's on my heavies, atleast on the Demolisher who will be more offensive (by obvious reasons), but judging from experience I dont use HB's on regular russes that much.. That could be that I am still a poor player though (Just came back from a 10year break

Thanks for your points btw, really helpful!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Btw, whatabout the Armored Company list, is that legal now or still not allowed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x7)

Quote Originally Posted by Keno View Post
    Btw, whatabout the Armored Company list, is that legal now or still not allowed?
    Most Tourneys will allow AC lists. You will have to check with them first, but I see them everywhere.
    "A love for tradition has never weakened a nation, indeed it has strengthened nations in their hour of peril."
    Sir Winston Churchil

+ Reply to Thread