1150pt army that needs alot of work - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1150pt army that needs alot of work

My 1150pt army list needs to become a 2000pt army for a tourniment so any and all help is welcome.
    (I will edit this post when like like someones idea)
    Thanks alot

HQ 221

HSO
    Storm Bolter
    Medallion Crimson
    Plasma pistol

2xVet.
    Company standard
    C.c.weapon
    Medic

2xGuardsman
    Master Vox
    C.c.weapon
    Plasma gun
    Surveyor

Anti-Tank Squad
    3xMissile Launchers

Elites 318

T.P.Enginseer
    Signum
    Refractor field

Gun+Multi Melta
    Surveyor

Technical

Chimera
    Muti-Las
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Stubber
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour

Hardened vets.

Vet. Sarg.
    P. Weapon
    Plasma Pistol
    Medallion Crimson

5xVets.
    Auto Cannon
    Meltagun
    2xGrenade launchers
    Frags
    Krak
    Surveyor

Troops 174

Command Squad

JO
    Boltgun
    C.c. Weapon
    Honorifica Imperilis

2xVets
    2xC.c. Weapon

Lascannon Crew
    Surveyor

Squad A

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Mortar
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Squad B

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Mortar
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Fast Attack 55

Sentinel
    Las Cannon

Heavy Weapons 215

Vanquisher
    Las Cannon
    Side Heavy Bolters
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards

Doctrines 110

Techpriest Engiseer
    5xChem-inhaler
    5xSharpshooters
    5xCameleoline

Total: 1093

Last edited by dyk.themuffinman; February 3rd, 2007 at 08:41.
    "when God starts painting targets your first!"

Armies:
    Macedonian Corp. of the Elite (imperial guard)
    Good and Evil LOTR armies

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good thing you posted this list because it needs work.

Quite honestly i dont think that techpriests are worth getting, you only need them if you have vehicles that are immobilised and/or have weapons destroyed, but are not completely dead yet. Even then the techpriest has to be able to get to them and START a turn in base contact with the vehicle before it even attempts to fix it. Since you are neither a mechanised army nor an armoured company I would advise getting rid of them, but if you really like them then I'll give my input.

Techpriests are really only worth getting if you give them AT LEAST 2 technical servitors as an absolute minimum, but I would strongly recommend getting 4 technical servitors for the full benefit and leave shooting and assaluting to other squads. Then you have to adress the issue of only moving 6" per turn, so if you want to ever get to the vehicles you need a chimera.

The HQ: With a vox network and a mortar this looks like a sit out of LOS and provide support squad. Therefore the storm bolter, plasma pistol, carapace armour and medallion crimson are all wasted points. A regimental standard is totaly un called for, it only gives small bonus and tripples the cost of the standard bearer. You dont need to have a standard bearer AND a trademark item, pick one and get rid of it.

I really dont even know what you are doing with your troops here, you have 2 command squads and 2 troop squads. A guard platoon has only 1 command squad, and you need 2 troop choices.

I assume that you are expecting to be facing up agains a lot of infiltrators since you have so many surveyors. Since you have veteran sergeants give them bolters instead of lasguns. I dont really know how worth while have both veteran sergeants and a vox network would be.

The sentinel with all its upgrades costs you 70 pts, not 35. Also get rid of the armoured crew compartment, a lightly armoured vehicle with a long range weapon will be avoiding enemy fire, and if it takes fire its going down anyways.

The heavy weapons platoon heavy support choice is a restricted troop and they need a platoon command squad. You can put these in your HQ as support squads anyways so that they dont take up a selection and dont need their own command squad because the hq is their command squad.

How do you get a chimera as a heavy support choice?

I dont think the heavy bolters will produce on the vanquisher, this is an anti tank vehicle, and heavy bolters are wasted when fighting tanks.

About the anti tank support squad and special weapons support squad: Dont mix and match weaponry, it may work for other armies but it doesnt with IG.

I think a hardend Veteran squad for an elite choice would fit in nicely with this army.

You already have veteran sergeants, standard bearers and vox casters, so having chem inhalers is a bit overkill, and the doctrine it takes up could be better spent elsewhere.

So look it over again, re work things and let me know what you think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It took me all night to make this list hope its better
    (edited post above)

Armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, there are some good revisions there but the list still needs work.

To start, you still only have 1 troop choice, you need a second one. I would reccomend an armoured fist squad.

In your troop command squad, why do you have those 2 veterans? They dont seem to serve any purpose.

I wouldnt mix mortars with any special weapons, or even put them in squads. Mortars sit back and avoid LOS, which wastes the specail weapon and the squad its attached to. Get a mortar support squad for your HQ and free up the troops.

I must urge you again to get more than one technical servitor for your techpriest. It will not produce if you field it the way it is. Also for this guy to produce you will need a lot more vehicles, so unless you plan to get more, save the points. Another point, do you really want to spend the points on giving a refractor field to a 1 wound model.

The veteran sergeant doesnt need a medallion crimson because he only has one wound, so instant death doesnt matter. I wouldnt mix melta guns and autocannons. The autocannon cant move if it wants to shoot and the melta gun needs to move if it ever wants to kill a tank. Tanks wont move close to a meltagun on their own, so just give this squad 3 grenade launchers. I would also fill it to max size, you have lots of firepower here with no fodder.

I was looking over the surveyor rules a bit, and unless their purpose is to scare enemies out of infiltrating too close they really wont do anything. The closest that infiltrators can get with LOS is 18", and the average roll of 4d6 is 14. So unless they are a terror/herding weapon they really wont do anything, but at their low cost i suppose that isnt really a problem.

I see you changed the HQ to more of an assalut choice, so i would reccomend giving him his carapace armour again, and he would make better use of that refractor field that the techpriest has.

Good to see that you fixed the sentinel, but 1 rule of thumb for things that get 1 shot, if your going to get 1, get 2. If you do take a second one make it a second indepentant sentinel, dont increase squad size until you have to. Its possible to get 5 independant sentinels before you have to increase squad size.

I think a second leman russ would make this list a lot stronger. Consider a demolisher for its better armour and high strenght cannon.

Just in case you end up with night fights, give your AV12 and up vehicles searchlights.

One doctrine that goes well with chameleoline is light infantry, infiltrate into good cover and get a bonus for it.

Who are you putting sharpshoots on? Dont put them on lasgun squads, this docrine will only make its points back on heavy weapons support squads.

Keep the reposts commin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

HSO
    Storm Bolter
    Medallion Crimson
    Plasma pistol

2xVet.
    Company standard
    C.c.weapon
    Medic

2xGuardsman
    Master Vox
    C.c.weapon
    Plasma gun
    Surveyor

Anti-Tank Squad
    3xMissile Launchers

Motar Squad

Elites

T.P.Enginseer
    Signum
    Refractor field

Gun+Multi Melta
    Surveyor

Technical

Hardened vets.

Vet. Sarg.
    P. Weapon
    Plasma Pistol
    Medallion Crimson

5xVets.
    Auto Cannon
    Meltagun
    2xGrenade launchers
    Frags
    Krak
    Surveyor

Troops

Command Squad

JO
    Boltgun
    C.c. Weapon
    Honorifica Imperilis

2xVets
    2xC.c. Weapon

Lascannon Crew
    Surveyor

Squad A

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Mortar
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Squad B

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Mortar
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Armoured Fist

Sarg.
    C.c.Weapon

9xGuardsmen
    Heavy Bolter
    Flammer
    vox

Chimera
    Muti-Las
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Stubber
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour

Fast Attack

2xSentinel
    Las Cannon
    Autocannon
    1xArmour Crew Compart.

Heavy Weapons

Demolisher
    Heavy Bolter
    Side Multi-Meltas
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards

Vanquisher
    Las Cannon
    Side Heavy Bolters
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards

Doctrines

Techpriest Engiseer
    5xChem-inhaler
    5xSharpshooters
    5xCameleoline

Armies:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still seems like a lot of your army is pretty confused about what it needs to do. Each unit should have a job that it specializes in, and THAT ONLY. Example: your Demolisher is very confused about what it does - you put multi-melta sponsons on it that require it to basically drive right up to another tank to hit it, and you've also got an anti-infantry weapon on it too, so will it be killing tanks or infantry?? Also, in this case, the multi-melta sponson is pretty terrible compared to the plasma cannons. By the time you're within 24" you could just fire your Demo Cannon and roll a scatter die instead of trusting to BS3 with those sponsons to even hit anything at all.
    Without doing an item-by-item approach, you seem to have everything tooled out to be a jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. No army operates under this principle and wins. Give each squad a job and kit them out to do it. You want anti-infantry? Give 'em a HB or AC and a GL or PG. You need anti-tank? Put 3x melta into your hardened vets and deep strike. Your Armored Fist Squad is a good set-up - it's tooled to fight infantry, AND THAT IS IT.
    Mortars are horrible. They should be melted down into heavy bolters or autocannons. That puny shot is hardly ever going to cause a casualty, let alone cause pinning. If you're still set on them, at least take them all in mortar squads in your HQ instead of cursing your line squads with them.
    Your shooty Techpriest squad should at least have a plasma cannon instead of a multi-melta, because there's no way in hell I'd drive my AV14 within range of that gun, and there's no way in hell your squad could run down a tank, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doctrines

Techpriest Engiseer
    5xChem-inhaler
    5xSharpshooters
    5xCameleoline
    Please list on the squads themselves who has what docrine applied to them. Saying that there are 5 doesnt tell me much and therefore gives me nothing to work with for feedback.

Techpriests are an all or nothing sort of thing. You cant get a techpriest, load him out with wargear, give him 1 technical servitor and expect him to make the points back. You MUST give him more servitors or else he will do NOTHING for you but chew up points.

Hardened vets.

Vet. Sarg.
    P. Weapon
    Plasma Pistol
    Medallion Crimson

5xVets.
    Auto Cannon
    Meltagun
    2xGrenade launchers
    Frags
    Krak
    Surveyor
    The vet sgt does not need or even benefet from a medallion crimson because he has ONE WOUND. IT WILL NOT HELP HIM. Whether he dies from instant death or from losing his one and only wound he is still DEAD either way.

The autocannon and meltagun are not meant to be mixed together. The autocannon is a long range sit and shoot weapon that cannot fire if it moves. The melta is a close range weapon that has to move to catch its target. The two will not produce together. This is a waste of points.

Why are you giving two types of grenades to a squad that has a heavy weapon? Are you planning to assault with that autocannon?

JO
    Boltgun
    C.c. Weapon
    Honorifica Imperilis
    A bolt gun and a close combat weapon? You wont get any benefit from that ccw unless you get a bolt pistol. Otherwise this squad is good. Its a sit back and provide ld squad that you didnt waste any points on anything it doesnt need. Good job.

Squad A

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Mortar
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor
    Get the mortars out of the troops squads. As i said before, mortars are a sit out of LOS and barrage weapon. They do not mix with troop squads which need to get in closer to fire their weapons and NEED LOS. If you want mortars in your hq as support squads fine, thats what they are meant for, but they have no place in troop squads, especially in sqads that have special weapons.

Fast Attack

2xSentinel
    Las Cannon
    Autocannon
    1xArmour Crew Compart.
    Im going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you intend for these to be 2 indepentant sentinels, not a single squad of 2 with mixed weaponry. Even so, drop the armoured crew compartment. This unit sits back and fires long range weaponry and therefore is not expected to take hits. Even if it does get hit, its armour is so weak that being closed topped wont help it.

What role is the domolisher supposed to fill? If it is anti tank, then change the heavy bolter to a lascannon. If it is anti infantry than change the multi meltas to plasma cannons or heavy bolters. The HKM is a waste of points IMO because it only gets one shot. Give it smoke launchers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ

HSO
    Storm Bolter
    Medallion Crimson
    Plasma pistol

2xVet.
    Company standard
    C.c.weapon
    Medic

2xGuardsman
    Master Vox
    C.c.weapon
    Plasma gun
    Surveyor

Anti-Tank Squad
    3xMissile Launchers

Motar Squad

Anti-personel squad
    Auto-Cannon
    2xHeavy Bolter

Elites

T.P.Enginseer
    Signum
    Refractor field

Gun+Multi Melta
    Surveyor

Technical

Hardened vets.

Vet. Sarg.
    P. Weapon
    Plasma Pistol

9xVets.
    Auto Cannon
    Meltagun
    2xGrenade launchers
    Frags
    Kraks
    Surveyor

Troops

Command Squad

JO
    Boltgun
    C.c. Weapon
    Honorifica Imperilis

2xguardsmen
    2xGrenade Launchers

Lascannon Crew
    Surveyor

Squad A

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Squad B

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Armoured Fist

Sarg.
    C.c.Weapon

9xGuardsmen
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    vox

Chimera
    Muti-Las
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Stubber
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour

Fast Attack

2xSentinel
    Las Cannon
    Autocannon
    1xArmour Crew Compart.

Heavy Weapons

Basilisk
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards

Vanquisher
    Las Cannon
    Side Heavy Bolters
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards

Doctrines

Techpriest Engiseer
    Chem-inhaler
    Sharpshooters
    Cameleoline
    Hardened Fighters

Armies:

Librarian from Hell Andusciassus's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    746 (x8)

I'll be giving what I think is my first piece of IG-army building advice here, so I might be faaar out. But I would not have opened my mouth (or started clicking on my keyboard) if I didn't think I could offer some advice So here goes.

HSO
    Storm Bolter
    Medallion Crimson
    Plasma pistol

2xVet.
    Company standard
    C.c.weapon
    Medic

2xGuardsman
    Master Vox
    C.c.weapon
    Plasma gun
    Surveyor
    This HQ unit strikes me as a bit..all over the place. Your HSO is having 2 ranged weapons which indicates to me he'll be off shooting things quite early on in the game (the Storm Bolter) then he will also need to be visable and that means he will most likely be killed, now that means the Master vox will be rendered useless. I think I would either go for a fighting commander or a Voxcasting one, since we do have so many officers I think it's quite a waste to use the HSO for shooting.
    I'm much more for the Mortarteam+Mastervox hider.

Anti-Tank Squad
    3xMissile Launchers

Motar Squad

Anti-personel squad
    Auto-Cannon
    2xHeavy Bolter
    These all seem fine to me, I especially like the Mortar team, just since they are such a fluffy unit. Maybe you should use the slightly more expensive Lascannons for antitank, I think they would be worth it.

T.P.Enginseer
    Signum
    Refractor field

Gun+Multi Melta
    Surveyor

Technical
    THis is also a goodlooking and fluffy model, but I do think he would be better off if he had more of a focus. Use him for either shooting, counter assault or tankrepair.

Hardened vets.

Vet. Sarg.
    P. Weapon
    Plasma Pistol

9xVets.
    Auto Cannon
    Meltagun
    2xGrenade launchers
    Frags
    Kraks
    Surveyor
    Again I think you are aiming a bit to much for an omnipotent unit. I don't think anyone would bring a tank close enough for you to use that BS4 melta on it, and the autocannon kinda needs to be stationary, so you won't be moving this unit either. The Sarge is also a shortranged guy, plasma pistol and powerweapon both needs to be very, very close to be used as do Kraks. The Frags indicate you plan on using those guys to assault, something I don't really fel their weaponry are fitted for.
    IF you plan on having an assaulty unit you should have shotguns and flamers. (IMHO)

JO
    Boltgun
    C.c. Weapon
    Honorifica Imperilis

2xguardsmen
    2xGrenade Launchers

Lascannon Crew
    Surveyor
    The advantage of the GL is that it allows you to move and shoot. THis is neglected by the Bolter and the Lascan. I think you'd be better of with Plasmas on the guardsmen instead.
    Or make a unit that can move and shoot all it's weapons if you plan on having a moving unit.

Squad A

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor

Squad B

Sarg.
    C.c. weapon

9 Guard
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    Vox
    Surveyor
    Those look good I guess. It seems you, like me, have a lot of GLs at your disposal and I think this is a good place (if any) to use them.

Armoured Fist

Sarg.
    C.c.Weapon

9xGuardsmen
    Heavy Bolter
    Grenade Launcher
    vox

Chimera
    Muti-Las
    Heavy Bolter
    Heavy Stubber
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Same as above really. But I do think Smoke Launchers are a good thing to have on transports.

2xSentinel
    Las Cannon
    Autocannon
    1xArmour Crew Compart.
    They way you wrote this indicates they are in the same unit, if so I really think you should split them up. And tell us what Sentinel has the rather expensive Armoured Crew Compartment. I also think you should drop it since it makes the ideally cheap vehicle rather expensive with not much gain.

Basilisk
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards
    I for one love the Basilisks, but this one strikes me as a bit odd... Those upgrades you have on it indicates it will be used as a tank, roaming around the battlefield. I think you would be much better off just dropping all your upgrades and adding indirect fire. Hide it behind a piece of terrain and blast things into little pieces. As it is now I fear it's yor Bassie that will be shot. If you insist on having a Tank-kind of Bassie I think you should give it an Armoured Crew Compartment instead of things like trackguards and HK-missile,

Vanquisher
    Las Cannon
    Side Heavy Bolters
    H.K. Missile
    Ex. Armour
    Track Guards
    Again you make use of quite a few upgreades, not really sure you'll need them mate. The Track Guards are especially weak I think. They make it possible for you to move instead of shooting sure, but don't you rather want this baby to be able to shoot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1.HSO has the weapon because of the way i bulit him (he has a heavy stubber)

2.Plasma gun is for defence against CC armys

3.Can't build las cannons too poor.

4.Techpriest is for combat and multi-melta servator.

5.Vets will get a heavy bolter rather than a autcannon

6.4 of the nine vets will get shotguns

7.no more las cannon GL and Flame Thrower insted

8.Smoke launchers are too expensive

9.Sentinal w/ auto cannon had the ACC, and now the ACC is gone

10.incase of deep striking units that pop up behind you the basilisk is armoured and armed. Indirect fire will now be added

11. I'll take off the track guards on the vanquisher but everything else stays!

Thanks for your suggestions, I'll be editing if you need me.

Armies:

+ Reply to Thread