Venerable Dreadnought Termie Army 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Venerable Dreadnought Termie Army 2000pts

Ok so i decided to try a 2000 pt dreadnought list for a tourney at a friends house soon. I kinda went rom a dreadnought list to a chapter that has a mechanised feel, but with 4 dreads instead of 6.
    so here we go...

Chapter Traits:Heed The Wisdom+ Scions of Mars
    Drawback:Flesh over steel (go figure)

HQ
    Techmarine@285pts
    Servo-Harness, 2 Tech servitors, 2 gun servitors, 1 plasmacannon, 1multi-melta, Razorback w/extra armour

Elites
    Venerable Dread X2 @145 each, 290 overall
    Venerable,Assault Cannon,Heavy Flamer,Furious Assault
    5 Assault Termies @ 215pts
    Furious Assault

Troops
    6 Marines X2 @215 each, 430 overall
    Vet.sgt w/power fist, 1 marine w/plasmagun, 1 marine w/missile launcher, razorback w/extra armour
    5 Scouts @90pts
    Snipers

Fast Attack
    2 Land Speeder Tornadoes @160
    Assault cannons+Heavy Bolters
    (I will count these as 2 seperate squads but keep them toghether to minimise the chance of the enemy destroying them both at once)

Heavy Support
    Venerale Dread X2 @165 each, 280 overall
    Venerable, Twin-Linked Lascannons, Missile Launchers, Tank Hunters
    Vindicator @ 125pts

Overall: 2005pts (my friends dont care)
    Models (including razorbacks): 37
    General Strategypearhead of Termies+Assault Dreads. Assault Dreads stay toghether, both in base2base with techmarine, who provides fire support and repairs whoever needs it. Scouts pin large squads that will bog down my expensive assault units. Marines ride forward and deploy into fortified positions and shoot stuff. Vindicator shoots ANYTHING THAT MOVES and is mostly in case of horde armies, and speeders act annoying and/or help where the plan falls apart.

Criticism iz welcome. Plz comment. Hope i diddn't forget anything........:wacko:

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HQ
    Techmarine@285pts
    Servo-Harness, 2 Tech servitors, 2 gun servitors, 1 plasmacannon, 1multi-melta, Razorback w/extra armour
    Techmarines tend to not make very good HQ's because they lose the ws5, bs5, I5, Ld10, and they cost quite a good chunk. With you vehicle heavy list, your techmarine may have some utility in regards to repairs, but with all AV10-12 vehicles they be relatively easy to destroy and the techmarine cant fix that. By putting him in a razorback your just asking for him to become entangled and consequently useless for at least one turn. I'd drop the gun servitors, or make them both use the same weapons.

Elites
    Venerable Dread X2 @145 each, 290 overall
    Venerable,Assault Cannon,Heavy Flamer,Furious Assault
    5 Assault Termies @ 215pts
    Furious Assault
    My only criticism is about your termies. In my opinion you could find a better investment of points. Perhaps a whirlwind or a second vindicator and a third land speeder tornado.

Troops
    6 Marines X2 @215 each, 430 overall
    Vet.sgt w/power fist, 1 marine w/plasmagun, 1 marine w/missile launcher, razorback w/extra armour
    5 Scouts @90pts
    Snipers
    The razor backs are fairly easy to destroy. If you keep the termies take terminator homers in your tactical squads. The squads don't seem particularly focused as they have both a heavy weapon and a special weapon.

Fast Attack
    2 Land Speeder Tornadoes @160
    Assault cannons+Heavy Bolters
    (I will count these as 2 seperate squads but keep them toghether to minimise the chance of the enemy destroying them both at once)
    Good. Consider adding a third.

Heavy Support
    Venerale Dread X2 @165 each, 280 overall
    Venerable, Twin-Linked Lascannons, Missile Launchers, Tank Hunters
    Vindicator @ 125pts
    Looks good for your theme. As aformentioned considor a whirlwind or a second vindcator.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know this thread is 2 weeks old, but I felt like adding some comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of All View Post
    Techmarines tend to not make very good HQ's because they lose the ws5, bs5, I5, Ld10, and they cost quite a good chunk.
    They cost roughly 20pts more than the other HQ's when kitted out. They can fire off 2 rerollable plasma shots, have 5 pw, and 2 PF attacks on the charge. They can detect infiltrators and offer up a round of shooting before the game starts. Despite the lack of I and WS they are still formidible in combat.

With you vehicle heavy list, your techmarine may have some utility in regards to repairs, but with all AV10-12 vehicles they be relatively easy to destroy and the techmarine cant fix that.
    Having fielded a 6 Dread/2 Techmarine army with quite good success, you'll be amazed at how much survivability you can squeeze out of the 3 Dread/1 Techmarine BTB formation.
    Im not saying its an invincible tactic, but it is quite effective.
    Last edited by Hovoc; February 24th, 2007 at 22:26.

+ Reply to Thread