1750 Army List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1750 Army List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1750 Army List

Epistolary
    Term/Jump
    Fear/Force
    BoltPistol/Fam

Troop---
    3X
    8 man tac 2x PLasma guns/Melta(not decided)
    Infiltrate
    vet sarge + fist

2x
    5 Man tac + lascannon

Fast---
    9 Man Assault squad
    2x plasma Pistols
    Vet Sarge + fist

2x
    LST's(sep squads)

Heavy---
    8 man Dev 4 ML
    Infiltrate

Whirlwind(bare)

52 Marines(HQ included) 55 models
    10 possible targets

---expected enemies
    Necron/Edlar=most common
    -
    A marine Powergamer
    (6 man squads in razorbacks)
    -
    2 possible swarm armies (1 ork one nid)

any input would be nice neg or pos

My old list was for 1850, and included 2 dreads 2 10 man squads and 2 5 mans the rest was pretty much the same (10 man assault squad)
    Came out to 48 marines total...

but the #'s got dropped to 1750..so i could either use the posted list..or the old list..Minus a Dread...

Traits: Cleanse/purify...see but not be seen

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Pretty solid list.

On the plasma vs melta, since you don't have transports of any kind, you definetly want the plasma. You get twice the range, or twice the shots, and a footslogger is unlikely to ever get within melta range.

Also, A Chaplian would be a lot less expensive, and would do more for you.

Other then that...nice list.
    Last edited by Sinjin; February 6th, 2007 at 15:48. Reason: fixed a typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinjin View Post
    Pretty solid list.

On the plasma vs melta, since you have transport of any kind, you definetly want the plasma. You get twice the range, or twice the shots, and a footslogger is unlikely to ever get within melta range.

Also, A Chaplian would be a lot less expensive, and would do more for you.

Other then that...nice list.
    I would disagree with the plasma comment. First off, you put a vet serg in the squad w/ pf and cc goodies, so to me you are indeed going to try and get within melta range. Second off, they do have infiltrate, so they to me are indeed going to get within melta range. I personally hate plasma. Especially when there are two models in the squad equipped with a plasma so you have double the chance of overheating.

And I like librarians better. Whatever floats your boat and you feel is going to best compliment your army.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally hate plasma, especially when there are two models in the squad equipped with a plasma so you have double the chance of overheating.
    Not true. You only get the double chance of over heating if you rapid fire, not when you have two models equipped with plasma weapons in the squad. Check the rule book if you don't believe me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by bubbathebrute View Post
    I would disagree with the plasma comment. First off, you put a vet serg in the squad w/ pf and cc goodies, so to me you are indeed going to try and get within melta range. Second off, they do have infiltrate, so they to me are indeed going to get within melta range.
    You have to be within 6 inches to get the melta bonus. any player that lets a squad with 2 melta guns that only moves 6" a turn get within 6" of his vehicles is not a threat at all. If your opponent is not any better then that, place all his models in a pillow case, and beat him over the head with it.

And you,re crazy to not like plasma. I'm not saying plasma is better, they both have advantages, and have different battlefield rolls, but to dismiss the plasma gun is a huge tactical mistake. It has twice the range, and twice the shots. at 12" or less that is twice as much death, for only slightly less str. Sure, you can overheat, but a marine rapid firing a plasma gun has only an 11% chance of dieing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Main reason I choose the Librarian over the Chaplain...is for his initiative bonus, seeing as how the armies i'm almost GAURENTEED to play is an Eldar list, and a Necron list..

The Librarian will dominate the Necron lord, and chances are he'll be able to consolidate/massacre roll into a warrior unit/immortal unit...

The Eldar, i want to be able to effectively neutralize any HQ's (knows one Eldar player takes an avatar, another is heavy on warlocks)

Also, the chaos legions showing up (one nurgle one slaneesh) the nurgle i Know will be using his CC IC to bring out his greater deamon...so any chance i have at destroying the host before hand will help, as for the slaneesh..it'll be heavy on sonic blasters and deamonettes

I added the fists because last tournament, although I generally WON my combat situations, i would be left with less than a scoring unit...I highly doubt the unit would be charging in, although if they had melta's they might....

however the main idea for the P-fist, was just in case the enemy tries and targets a unit to lock it into CC to nullify it's affective ness..I can get the combat ENDED with atleast a couple of turns left.....
    Last edited by Driftster; February 6th, 2007 at 17:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I redid the list a bit....tell me where i should go with it...

I figure for the HQ, i'll just go for a Librarian of Pinnin annoyance...maybe give him term honours or a mantle...or a halo..or something.

Codicer
    Jump
    FotA
    BoltPistol
    + _______

Troop---
    3X
    8 man tac 2x PLasma guns
    Infiltrate
    vet sarge + fist

2x
    5 Man tac + lascannon

Fast---
    9 Man Assault squad
    2x plasma Pistols
    Vet Sarge + fist

2x
    LST's(sep squads)

Heavy---
    8 man Dev 4 ML
    Infiltrate

Whirlwind(bare)

52 Marines(HQ included) 55 models
    10 possible targets

Right now, i've got 145 to spare....And the choices i'm stuck between are

A: a whirly bird and a second Speeder for 1 of the squads with just a Heavy bolter...you know..so i can fire some more shots, and maybe spare my AC's life for a turn or two....

B: drop a 5 man, and get an additional 8 man 4 ML dev squad, and get a couple more points in wargear.

Choice A would put me at: 52 Marines - 57 models - 11 targets

Choice B would put me at: 55 Marines - 58 Models - 10 Targets

+ Reply to Thread