1803 pts fors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 1803 pts fors

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1803 pts fors

Not sure why i am posting this, i have a rather sound feeling its shitastic, but eh thought i may put it out anyway for advice and stuff, i like most of the units in the codex thats why there isnt much repitition

Grand Master
    Icon of the just
    Pyscannon
    4 Terminators
    1 psycannon
    1 thunderhammer and storm shield

Troops Grey Knights 9
    Justicar
    1 Psycannon

Troops Grey Knights 9
    Justicar
    1 Psycannon

Inquisitor

Acolyte
    Familiar
    Warrior vet gaurd, hellgun targeter
    Warrior vet gaurd, Meltagun Targeter
    Warrior vet gaurd, Grenade Launcher Targeter

Vindicare Assassin

Purgation Squad
    4 Knights with Psycannons
    1 justicar

Orbital Strike

Grey Knight Dreadnought
    Twinlinked Lascannons
    Storm Bolter
    Dread CCW

2 Deathcult Assassins

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

786 (x8)

"1803" pts? "Not sure why you're posting this"? I don't get it. What points level are you looking for? You've done a nice job of including 1 of just about everything in the codex, so yeah, the points will add up quick. But do you intend to make an army out of all that stuff?

I'll just keep my comments brief, therefore (for what they're worth, anyway).

Your GKT HQ is just about perfect as is.

You're wasting points buying psycannons for your PAGK troops. You're spending points to rob the GKs of their +2S bonus, True Grit, and stormbolter. As the squad moves, the psycannon can't shoot as far as the stormbolters the rest of the guys are carrying, so it's not a good mobile weapon, either. Essentially, you've converted your awesome GK model into an egregiously expensive -- but bog-standard (S4/A1) -- space marine. Not a good trade-off unless you're building a dedicated, static fire support unit. Leave your GKs vanilla and spend those 50 pts elsewhere.

Your inquisitor squad is really, um, sucky. :rolleyes: You've got a mishmash of weapon types that don't serve the same function, your inquisitor doesn't have any wargear at all, the familiar is a poor choice because you obviously don't want this squad to see close combat, and vet sgts are a poor substitute for gun servitors. Always build inquisitors for firebase duty: inquisitor with psycannon and auspex, 1-3 gun servitors (plasma cannon and heavy bolters), 2 sages, 1-2 mystics, 0-3 acolytes (preferably with bolters and carapace armour).

DCAs are a waste of time unless you also spring for an eversor assassin with which they can be coordinated. On their own, they're a waste of points, and you'd be better off getting more PAGKs or GKTs for the points instead. Or just an eversor, period, on his own. Speaking of which, I'm in the "vindicare assassins suck" camp. I can't see why anybody would choose them. They look cool, they sound cool, but they really aren't worth their points. They just can't change the course of battle in any meaningful fashion unless you are inordinately lucky. And I hate depending on luck to pull me through a game. Eversors and callidus assassins are much more useful and reliable.

Your dread is suboptimized. Go all-out shooty (TLLC/ML) or all-out short-range assault support/infantry suppression (AC/DCCW). Anything else leaves some part of your dread useless as it tries to perform one of those two main tasks.
    ninjabackhand: point and click, again, really? even after i give you an military term "shock tactic" you still call it point and click.
    RIP Warhammer 40,000: 21 Sep 1998 - 24 May 2014

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why not make this an 1850 list? If you drop the psycannons, the death cults, the vindicare you have 290 spare points to turn your henchmen into gun servitors and also upgrade your dread to a misslelauncher. Give the inquis a psycannon and you have a superb firebase. On top of that if you drop the orbital strike and about one Grey Knight from each sqaud you could probably make a third squad

INQ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

don't mix and match. try to make your units "specialized", ie anti-this or that, sucky anti-that or this.

don't include psycannons in non termie GK squads unless they're specifically made to sit back and shoot (ie mini purgers or full purgation squads), as otherwise you just suck out their HTH ability and again, lessen their "specialization". If you're going to include inquisitors, i don't think giving GKs psycannons is ever super, as you can make a pretty good shooty unit with inq rets for far cheaper.

i'd also say not enough anti-armor. at 1800 i'd even take 3 TLLC/ML. CC anti-tank from thunder hammers isn't making much up, and vindicares can only take down one vehicle really and even then it's not guaranteed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cheers for the advice, ild have to go and change a couple o things.

+ Reply to Thread