New To Space Marines 1000 Point List - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New To Space Marines 1000 Point List

Hi guys, long time troller of this part of the site. Myself and a few friends are avid Warhammer Fantasy players and have recently been talked into 40K by the owner of the store we play at. I went with Space Marines and bought the $90 box set as well as the codex. This is the list I have been thinking about building up to

Traits: See, but don't be seen
    Cleanse and Purify
    Flesh over Steel

HQ: 381
    Epistolary 154
    Bolt Pistol
    Familiar
    Powers:
    SOTEW
    Veil of Time

Term Command Squad x5 225
    Assault Cannon x1
    Chainfist x1

TROOP: 403
    Tactical Squad x10 175
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad x5 90
    Lascannon

Scout Squad x5 138
    Sniper Rifle x4
    Missile Launcher
    Vet Sarge
    Power Fist
    Teleport Homer

FAST ATTACK: 80
    Land Speeder x1 80
    Assault Cannon

HEAVY SUPPORT: 135
    Devastator Squad x5 135
    Heavy Bolter x4

My general plan is to set up the Scouts in a strong position, and teleport the Terminators w/ Librarian to them to give them fire support. The big Tactical Squad is there to blast heavy infantry and light armour, and the small one is going to work as anti tank with the lascannon (I don't expect much armour in this low of point battles). I plan to use the Devastators to take care of all the pesky soldiers my enemies will be using with their 12 HB shots a turn, and the Land Speeder is there to fly around and pick off stragglers/work with other units if they need it.
    Is this a viable army? Feel free to tear it apart...I have only bought the bare minimum so there isn't a money sink into this specific list. I know the traits are funny, but I couldn't find the points to use See, but don't be seen. I will use it as we go up in point value anyway. FYI my main opponents will be playing Tyranids, Necron, and Tau.

EDIT: Spelling

Last edited by Monologue; February 7th, 2007 at 20:42.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

k well the biggest hole in your army is the termie command squad your spending 1/4 of your armies points on 5 terminators and since their used as fire support you can sure bet your opponent is going to be firing every heavy weapon he has to take a huge chunk out of your army and a sizeable amount of victory points

id take the ten man squad and put it to 8, if you remove the terminator squad then add another tactical squad, the second squad is good you put a lascannon in their and kept it minumum scouts are alright too, since your armies definition of AT is one lascannon and a missile launcher add another missile launcher on the new marines maybe witha plasma gun

land speeder is great youll be mowing down GEQ like no tommorow and will even bother a MEQ

devastators are great you stuck with one heavy weapon and didnt mix its just that so much of the rest of your army is anti-personel that you should probobly want to make this squad more anti-tank although raking out 12 heavy bolter shots is pretty devastating

not sure what to do with the librarian not that experienced but it looks fine to me. in closing take out termies and invest in a tactical squad and a little something else and add a does of AT.

againgst tyranids the lack of anti-tank is not a huge problem and your current setup will definetly shred them up. necrons are a bit diffrent, the land speeder just isnt as effective against necrons but just make sure your shootier than he is and keep blasting his biggest (in number) units so you have a chance of phasing him out. tau this is where your lack of AT hurts in a 1000 points youll probobly be seeing a devilfish or 2 and good chances a hammerhead, tau fire warriors will fall easy enough to your heavy bolters and land speeder but if hes mech hell be a lot more difficult.
    Last edited by tiny_marine; February 10th, 2007 at 01:42. Reason: additional advice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the help. I see that the Term command squad wasn't really doing anything for me, so I don't feel bad about cutting it. With those points and a few other small cuts (10 man Tactical Sqaud donw to 8, removing Vet Sarge from Scouts) I was able to get more guys on the table. Here is the new list:

Traits: See, but don't be seen
    Cleanse and Purify
    Flesh over Steel

HQ: 164
    Epistolary 164
    Bolt Pistol
    Familiar
    Jump Pack
    Powers:
    FotA
    Might of Heroes

TROOP: 450
    Tactical Squad x8 145
    Plasma Gun
    Plasma Gun

Tactical Squad x5 105
    Lascannon
    Infiltrate

Tactical Squad x5 105
    Lascannon
    Infiltrate

Scout Squad x5 95
    Sniper Rifle x4
    Missile Launcher

FAST ATTACK: 249
    Land Speeder x1 80
    Assault Cannon

Assault Squad x6 169
    Frag Grenades
    Vet Sarge
    Power Fist

HEAVY SUPPORT: 135
    Devastator Squad x5 135
    Heavy Bolter x4

Point Total: 998
    # Models: 38

I threw in another 5 man Tactical Sqaud with another lascannon to have a little more AT power, and gave both the squads infiltrate to be able to put them (hopefully) in positions were I can get a few side/rear armour shots. I also bought the Assault Squad, with the Librarian in it, in order to have a unit that can hold its own in combat. Beyond that I pretty much only changed the powers on the Librarian.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks great good choice on adding an assault ssquad, i would say bump the unit up to 8 because most marine players view it as mandatory but i know youd have to make alot of cuts for 2 more assauly marines and i think for a 1000 points youll be fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x5)

For a main assault squad more numbers would be needed but for a counterassault squad 6 + and IC is enough.

An idea would be to save some points from the librarian to add some extra marines to the Devastator squad, but it's not a must IMO. If you like your kick-ass librarian go for it.

Overal the list looks fine. Ready to bring the Emperor's Wrath onto thine foes.

Tai'shar
    Lance Leader of the LO Codex: Wasters design team

Forged in fire, bonded in ice
    Son of Fenris, Son of Russ

+ Reply to Thread