1250 Tourny Mk II - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    64 (x1)

1250 Tourny Mk II

Here's Mk II. This is an all-infantry, all-infiltrate list. Well, all except the Command Squads.

---HQ---

COMMAND PLATOON

Cmd Squad
    J.O. - Boltgun, Honorifica; Master-Vox; Mortar; Cameoline

Anti-Tank Squad
    3 x Lascannons; Light Infantry; Cameoline

Mortar Squad
    3 x Mortars; Cameoline

---ELITES---

Veteran Squad (x 10)
    Sgt w/ Plasma Pistol; 3 x Plasma Guns; Cameoline

---TROOPS---

INFANTRY PLATOON A

Command Squad
    JO - Bolter; Mortar; Cameoline

Squad 1
    Heavy Bolter, Grenade Launcher, Vox; Light Infantry, Cameoline

Squad 2

Squad 3
    Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun, Vox; Light Infantry, Cameoline

INFANTRY PLATOON B

Command Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

1229 points. 97 models. 9 Scoring Units. 2 Heavy Bolters. 3 Lascannons. 4 Missile Launchers. 6 Mortars. 8 Plasma Guns. Too many Lasguns.

As for tactics, I'm thinking of a gunline, essentially. Command and Mortars deploy behind cover and send barrages of mortars at the enemy. Lascannons deploy somewhere advantageous with a good field of fire. Guard Squads surround the enemy and infiltrate into objectives, using lots of cover (which is great, because we always play with LOTS of ruined buildings, so they all get un-negatable power armour while inside!) while Veterans get up close to take out important targets like tanks, Terminators, Jumpsuits, etc etc.

A few personal grievences:

I'm worred about the 4 Plasma in the Veteran squad. That means 8 shots at <12" but THAT means ANY misses = dead people. I could give 'em Meltaguns instead. They'll lose their 24" shooting range but as they're infiltrating this might be OK. It'll make them better at anti-tank and I won't have to worry about losing 1-2 a turn from overheating plasma. Instead I'll have to worry about everyone shooting at this uber-melta squad that's 12" away. IMO I'd rather have 3 shots at 24" and a possible 8 at 12" should anyone get close enough, instead of 3 shots at no more than 12" and I'll HAVE to get close. As for anti-tank, 3 Lascannons, 4 Missile Launchers and 8 Plasma guns ought to be enough, right? At 1250 points it's not like I'd be going up against more than one or two tanks anyway. I've yet to see a Land Raider even MENTIONED or BOUGHT within the group I game with, so I don't think I have to worry..

Feedback? Thanks.

Last edited by Misanthrope; February 11th, 2007 at 22:57.
    Takka n' Wakka's Dakka Attacka! 33W / 6L / 1D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all the anti MEQ you have you might have trouble with the tyranids or the orks, but all the MEQs will fry nicely. Personnaly im a fan of the grenade launcher as is it a powerful and versitile weapon, but when it comes to MEQs i will admit that nothing is better than plasma.

Leave the veterans as they are, with the lascannon squad and all those missle launchers you dont need any more anti tank. Also i would changing some of those missle launchers to other heavy weapons, especially since you have infiltrate you can have a variety of weapons, each placed where it is most needed.

In general this is a good list and i wouldnt make anything other than small changes to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Alright, I changed it up a bit to add more anti-infantry... I think I suffer from MEQphobia.

Replaced Missile Launcher and Plasma in two squads with Heavy Bolter and grenade launcher... so now there are 2 HB, 2 Grenade Launchers, 3 Lascannons, 4 Missiles, 6 Mortars, 8 Plasma Guns.

Dawn Under Heaven Triumph Of Man's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    -170 (x0)

First up, drop the Master Vox Network, that will give you 55 points back. Next, move the honourifica to a Platoon Officer and upgrade the HQ to a HSO, that costs 30 points. Now buy your two main Officers Iron Discipline and put a Standard Bearer in the HQ.

All up that cost 51 pts, hence you save 4 points and have better LD to boot. Keep the voxes if you've modelled them though, cause they look cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    Here's Mk II. This is an all-infantry, all-infiltrate list. Well, all except the Command Squads.

---HQ---

COMMAND PLATOON

Cmd Squad
    J.O. - Boltgun, Honorifica; Master-Vox; Mortar; Cameoline

Anti-Tank Squad
    3 x Lascannons; Light Infantry; Cameoline

Mortar Squad
    3 x Mortars; Cameoline

---ELITES---

Veteran Squad (x 10)
    Sgt w/ Plasma Pistol; 3 x Plasma Guns; Cameoline

---TROOPS---

INFANTRY PLATOON A

Command Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

INFANTRY PLATOON B

Command Squad

Squad 1

Squad 2

Squad 3

1229 points. 97 models. 9 Scoring Units. 2 Heavy Bolters. 3 Lascannons. 4 Missile Launchers. 6 Mortars. 8 Plasma Guns. Too many Lasguns.
    Looks fairly solid, I can't find any major grievances barring the LD issue.

I'm worred about the 4 Plasma in the Veteran squad. That means 8 shots at <12" but THAT means ANY misses = dead people. I could give 'em Meltaguns instead. They'll lose their 24" shooting range but as they're infiltrating this might be OK. It'll make them better at anti-tank and I won't have to worry about losing 1-2 a turn from overheating plasma. Instead I'll have to worry about everyone shooting at this uber-melta squad that's 12" away. IMO I'd rather have 3 shots at 24" and a possible 8 at 12" should anyone get close enough, instead of 3 shots at no more than 12" and I'll HAVE to get close. As for anti-tank, 3 Lascannons, 4 Missile Launchers and 8 Plasma guns ought to be enough, right? At 1250 points it's not like I'd be going up against more than one or two tanks anyway. I've yet to see a Land Raider even MENTIONED or BOUGHT within the group I game with, so I don't think I have to worry..

Feedback? Thanks.
    They're guardsmen, that's life. Infiltrating with meltaguns is crap, if the enemy won't come to you, you cannot shoot until turn three unless you infiltrate out of LOS (and do you think Guardsmen will whether 2-3 turns of shooting while they advance towards their target?). If you want meltaguns, turn it into a suicide deepstrike unit.

Also, take drop troops so you can deepstrike the veterans if a good situation arises. Dropping next to Termies and Frying each other is good fun.

Karmoon
    ... only triumph could turn pooing his pants into a good thing..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

Awesome advice, thanks!

If my math is correct the total comes out to... 1,215 points. 35 left over. What to do with it? Give one platoon Sharpshooters? I don't see much else...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

I'd put a Lascannon in the Veteran unit and upgrade a Rocket in the platoons to a Lascannon.

Karmoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

I don't want to put heavy weaps in the Vet unit. They're gonna be my quick hit-n-run guys to pounce on enemies with 8 double-tap Plasma shots. I may upgrade the platoons w/ heavy weapons though, maybe some Lascannons or Autocannons

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

-170 (x0)

Quote Originally Posted by Misanthrope View Post
    I don't want to put heavy weaps in the Vet unit. They're gonna be my quick hit-n-run guys to pounce on enemies with 8 double-tap Plasma shots. I may upgrade the platoons w/ heavy weapons though, maybe some Lascannons or Autocannons
    Keep in mind you can't rapidfire the plasmapistol if you move so that's 7 shots, not 8, on the run.

Karmoon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are really woried about tanks get a suicide special wp teams ecuiped with 2 meltaguns and a demolition charge with the combo of drop troops. you will drop next to a tank and really let the tank glow.

special wp team 35
    2x meltagun 30
    demo charge 10

75 points for 1 suicide squad. The drop Troops Docterine doesnt cost any points make sure you still have a max of 5 docterines

Land next to a Land raider within 6" shoot 2 melta's with stenght 8 and 2D6 armour penetration

And for the demo strenght 8 "hopefully no scatter" and for the armour penetration of 2D6 where you must pic the highest one and add that to the strenght 8
    (this is because its an ordenance wp detailed on p66 of the warhammer 40K rule book)
    Imperial Guard
    Daemonhunters

Warhammer
    Bretonnians
    Ogres
    Goblins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 (x1)

You're right, so only 7 plasma shots on the run. Still enough to obliterate a termie squad so long as I don't get bad luck. I'm gonna make a couple more small alterations.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast