3500 mainly mech - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3500 mainly mech

This is the final goal of my marine army. I need to collect about 750 more points and so i cannot make major changes to the list. However, minor adjustments and shuffling around of points are fine.

By the way, at 3500 points we are allowed around 2-4 HQ's, 4-10 troops, 0-5 each of Elites, fast attack and Heavy support.

HQ

Chapter Master Alterus with twin lightning claws, frag grenades, combat shield and jumpack
    =131

Reculsiarch Chaplain Aldrich with rosarius, bolt pistol, frag grenades, Crozius Arcanium and jumppack.
    =107

Epistolary Librarian Zamiel with terminator armour, storm bolter, force weapon and the psychic power Fury of the Ancients.
    Retinue of 4 terminators. 2 have assault cannons.
    =348

Elites

Venerable Dreadnought Xavier with Assault cannon, heavy flamer and extra armour.
    Mounted in a drop pod.
    =170

Dreadnought Ezekius with Assault cannon, heavy flamer and extra armour.
    Mounted in a drop pod.
    =150

Troops

10 Scouts with bolt pistols and close combat weapons, under the command of Veteran Sergeant Sergius armed with a power weapon and a bolt pistol. All with frag grenades.
    =163

10 Scouts with bolt pistols and close combat weapons, under the command of Veteran Sergeant Fabier armed with a power weapon, teleport homer and a bolt pistol. All with frag grenades.
    =168

10 Tactical marines, 1 with a meltagun, under the command of Veteran Sergeant Callisto armed with a powerfist and bolt pistol.
    Mounted in a Rhino, with extra armour and smoke launchers.
    =248

10 Tactical marines, 1 with a meltagun, under the command of Veteran Sergeant Andrus armed with a powerfist and bolt pistol.
    Mounted in a Rhino, with extra armour and smoke launchers.
    =248

6 tactical marines, 1 with a plasma gun and 1 with a plasma cannon, under the command of Sergeant Ambroise armed with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon.
    Mounted in a razorback armed with twin-linked lascannons and extra armour.
    =210

6 tactical marines, 1 with a plasma gun and 1 with a plasma cannon, under the command of Sergeant Ignatius armed with a bolt pistol and close combat weapon.
    Mounted in a razorback armed with twin-linked lascannons and extra armour.
    =210

Fast attack

3 attack bikes with multi-meltas.
    =195

Landspeeder Gaius with assault cannon and heavy bolter.
    =80

Landspeeder Juste with assault cannon and heavy bolter.
    =80

8 Assault marines, two with plasma pistols, under the command of Veteran Sergeant Maugier armed with a power fist and bolt pistol.
    =216

Heavy Support

Whirlwind Vengeance.
    =85

Vindicator Destructus with extra armour.
    =130

Vindicator Exterminatus with extra armour.
    =130

8 Devastators, 2 with plasma cannons and 2 with heavy bolters, under the command of Sergeant Guillaume armed with bolt pistol and a close combat weapon.
    =220

8 Devastators, 3 with missile launchers and 1 with a lascannons, under the command of Sergeant Guillaume armed with bolt pistol and a close combat weapon.
    =215

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Not a bad setup. That is an awfull big list, so I'll only make general comments.

On the HQ…Don't forget T-Honors. Very important on any IC kitted for CC.

On the Scout squads, go with a power fist instead of a Power Weapon. Twice as deadly.

And on the 6 man tac squads in the Razorbacks. Give the Seargent a bolter. There is no reason for this guy to have a BP and CCW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah. i'll put boltguns on the sarges. Dont know why i didn't do that in the first place!!

Then I will give the attack bikes heavy bolters instead of multi-meltas to save points, allowing me to give the master and the libbie terminator honours and the scout sarges power fists.

Sound good??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    yeah. i'll put boltguns on the sarges. Dont know why i didn't do that in the first place!!

Then I will give the attack bikes heavy bolters instead of multi-meltas to save points, allowing me to give the master and the libbie terminator honours and the scout sarges power fists.

Sound good??
    I think you might be really hurting for anti-tank units if you do that. just think about all the tanks you have, and expect your opponent to have at least that many.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd find a way to add some Termies to your Libby command squad. I know they are expensive, but I've found 5 man squads to be under some sort of tipping point once they get into CC, which considering you have a Librarian in there I imagine you'll want to do at some point. But I am just a huge fan of Termies. Basically if I up them to 6+ man squads they tend to be able to handle a second CC action which unlike non power weapon geared squads they are likely to find themselves in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x6)

wow, someone else also has a big list of marines like me? awesome. although i run 5000 so maybe i can help you some.
    some things to consider.
    - command squads with infiltrate are great shocktroops. i like to run a combo of a librarian w/ might of heroes and a captain w/ lightning claws. you can use might to give the master anywhere from 7-9 attacks with rerolls to wound on the charge!
    - the scouts are a bit expensive. drop all the upgrades, believe me they will still be very effective anyway.
    - in such a huge game, terminators are actually useful. this means since compaired to the rest of your army they only take up like 5% of your force. so feel free to take multiple squads.
    - i'm not a fan of the razorback squads, as whenever i fielded them, the opponent chose to shoot at them over the rhinos since they had shooting capabilities.
    -some cheap bike squads with meltas are a great low key tank hunter unit, very useful in a large game, cuase there are scary vehicals your opponent will field.
    - dreads w/ multi-meltas may be useful if you drop pod them.
    - remeber, you can take D-hunters and W-hunters allies.
    hope this helps
    That is not dead which may eternal lie,
    for in strange aeons even death may die.

+ Reply to Thread